Pittsburgh Media Thread - Still the Worst

Status
Not open for further replies.

bathroomSTAAL

The halcyon days
Mar 15, 2007
Pittsburgh
Is PG's Penguins articles now fully behind a paywall? For the past month or so whenever I click to their article via twitter I only get a blank page.

If so, this must be relatively new development as I remember reading their articles during the season.
The PG is all paywalled now I believe. And they detect when you use incognito mode to try to get around it. Still other ways of course, but yeah it's a pain.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
I have had no issue with paywall with PG. I think they just track how many articles you read online per month and cut back at a certain point. I guess I don't read enough of them on the same device for it to be a frequent issue.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Thanks for the article link, it refreshed my memory. Malkin had signed his extension two years earlier, my grasp of time slipped a bit there. Fridge clarified his statements, which actually jives with some of the rumors that were going around about everyone being unhappy. But Johnston was fired and we all know how that turned out. IDK, that Freidman went out of his way to clarify what he meant and correct any misconceptions actually speaks to his integrity as a journalist to me.

Yep. People exaggerate and get stuff wrong. But if you mea culpa and admit what and why you were off target about, I'm cool with that. You'll never see anything like that from Bruce Garrioch.

Vujtek

Oct 7, 2007
I have had no issue with paywall with PG. I think they just track how many articles you read online per month and cut back at a certain point. I guess I don't read enough of them on the same device for it to be a frequent issue.

I don't think that's the case as I haven't been able to read any of their articles in the past month so I definitely haven't exceeded any limit. And I've tried it with mobile connection and with home wifi (different IP's and browser) and still nothing but a blank page. Not a frequency issue.

If you can view their articles without having subscribed, then maybe it's a geo-block issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad