Pittsburgh Media Thread: Doctor Rossi will see you now

Status
Not open for further replies.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
I'm not Rossi; you really think he cares what everyone thinks about him? He is obnoxious at times, I know.

Btw, MM basically dropped a ballpark figure of his salary on his show today. He mentioned someone making $65k and says he makes 4x that. Believable? I figured big-time radio personalities would be six figures easily, but over 200, close to 300? That kinda surprises me.

It's all about advertising. Do I think he makes 200 grand? No. Do I think he makes 6 figures? Yeah, I do.

I only say that because I remember how contract talks went with Krenn and Bauman on DVE. Krenn was making obscene amounts of money and he wanted more.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
It's all about advertising. Do I think he makes 200 grand? No. Do I think he makes 6 figures? Yeah, I do.

I only say that because I remember how contract talks went with Krenn and Bauman on DVE. Krenn was making obscene amounts of money and he wanted more.

He also has mentioned how those DVE guys make more. Maybe a bit sensitive about it. But true, the ad revenue is nice as well Shennnnnnnnderovich... Call up Matt Mertz. C-c-c-call up Matt Mertz.

Mr. T

Feb 15, 2003
I'm not Rossi; you really think he cares what everyone thinks about him? He is obnoxious at times, I know.

Btw, MM basically dropped a ballpark figure of his salary on his show today. He mentioned someone making $65k and says he makes 4x that. Believable? I figured big-time radio personalities would be six figures easily, but over 200, close to 300? That kinda surprises me.

Sounds like the old Ground Round policy of pay what you weigh.

DeadPuckEra

Dec 19, 2014
Mark Madden makes sports talk entertaining. Regardless of how you interpret his radio personality, he's talented at what he does and he's an OG, so you know he's getting paid. The guy could literally go to any market in the country, do his thing, and sky rocket to the top of the ratings.

I can't say for sure, but I'm guessing he's getting paid what the top guys in NY, and Boston are getting. The X and whoever he signs on with knowing that he could get that money easily if he skipped town.

Let's not forget, The X literally has nothing going for it outside of Madden and his producer. X music sucks. This is coming from the generation who grew up with that genre of music. Anything half decent that came out of the 90's is already being played on DVE along with most of the classics from elder year.

Nobody wants to hear Blink 182 anymore. That genre of music blows, it was cool when people were 14. Despite all of our rages we aren't rats in cages anymore. Anybody over the age of 25 has already moved on to DVE, people under the age of 25 are all on Molly and listening to Fetty wap.

I think the X is thinking they are going to be the next generations DVE. Newsflash, we all hate that music now. There's no Van Halen, Led Zep, GNR, Skynard etc with timeless songs. There's Green Day and their 3 chords.

Unfortunately for us millennials, Limp Bizkit was pretty much our claim to fame. Anyway, The X music selection is poop, they would be stupid not to put all of there eggs in Madden's basket.

Last edited:

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
Madden is a polarizing figure. I lol'd at some Washington Post writer writing an article about him. Madden made good points there, so...

titaniumexpose

LG Pens & Sharks
Dec 13, 2006
Ohio by way of Ford City, PA
Mark Madden makes sports talk entertaining. Regardless of how you interpret his radio personality, he's talented at what he does and he's an OG, so you know he's getting paid. The guy could literally go to any market in the country, do his thing, and sky rocket to the top of the ratings.

I can't say for sure, but I'm guessing he's getting paid what the top guys in NY, and Boston are getting. The X and whoever he signs on with knowing that he could get that money easily if he skipped town.

Let's not forget, The X literally has nothing going for it outside of Madden and his producer. X music sucks. This is coming from the generation who grew up with that genre of music. Anything half decent that came out of the 90's is already being played on DVE along with most of the classics from elder year.

Nobody wants to hear Blink 182 anymore. That genre of music blows, it was cool when people were 14. Despite all of our rages we aren't rats in cages anymore. Anybody over the age of 25 has already moved on to DVE, people under the age of 25 are all on Molly and listening to Fetty wap.

I think the X is thinking they are going to be the next generations DVE. Newsflash, we all hate that music now. There's no Van Halen, Led Zep, GNR, Skynard etc with timeless songs. There's Green Day and their 3 chords.

Unfortunately for us millennials, Limp Bizkit was pretty much our claim to fame. Anyway, The X music selection is poop, they would be stupid not to put all of there eggs in Madden's basket.
I sort of agree only because Clear Channel/I Hate Radio has catered to the lowest common denominator so long I haven't listened to anything but cds for years. It's the same crap everywhere. Talk radio never appealed to me until I discovered Art Bell. I would love to have Mike Lange tuned in for games, but it's too hard to sync up.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
BREAKING: Looks like DK has canned another - Alan Saunders is OUT as Pitt reporter at DKPS. National search for full time Pitt reporter is on... If he could land a Bendel, Peak, DiPaola or even Werner - that's huge. Guess he thinks he can get someone better.

Not that you all care but the turnover over there is kinda funny. Gotta figure Yohe/Mackey/Gajtka if he keeps up his great work on the Pirates beat and doesn't burn out will be mainstays.

It's been a long day, without you my friend, and I'll tell you all about it when I see you again.

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
25302357.jpg

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010

I actually do think Rossi cares what people think about him.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
BREAKING: Looks like DK has canned another - Alan Saunders is OUT as Pitt reporter at DKPS. National search for full time Pitt reporter is on... If he could land a Bendel, Peak, DiPaola or even Werner - that's huge. Guess he thinks he can get someone better.

Not that you all care but the turnover over there is kinda funny. Gotta figure Yohe/Mackey/Gajtka if he keeps up his great work on the Pirates beat and doesn't burn out will be mainstays.

It's been a long day, without you my friend, and I'll tell you all about it when I see you again.

Who the hell are you :laugh:

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
MM with the hottest of hot takes this morning on Twitter: you have to go back to Fleury. Thoughts?

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
He was saying it yesterday too. He's gone completely insane and he doesn't seem to acknowledge that his opinion runs counter to basically everyone else in the hockey world currently and historically.

it's the only way any of his stuff gets read, is when it gets posted on the board in the pen's locker room.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
Ok, I will say I understand where he's coming from. We have a legitimate shot at winning it all and have a proven experienced goalie vs. a 21 year old who we really do not know can sustain this play and could burn out. But what has Fleury accomplished in the playoffs recently? Didn't people want to run him out of town a few years ago during the playoffs?

He did acknowledge it's hard to pull Murray - I just wouldn't do it, he's been way too hot overall. But if he has one bad game - how short is the leash? Fleury is his buddy too, of course. And he cited the first goal last night as evidence against Murray... Come on.

UnderratedBrooks44

Sep 13, 2005
Miranda's house
Ok, I will say I understand where he's coming from. We have a legitimate shot at winning it all and have a proven experienced goalie vs. a 21 year old who we really do not know can sustain this play and could burn out. But what has Fleury accomplished in the playoffs recently? Didn't people want to run him out of town a few years ago during the playoffs?

He did acknowledge it's hard to pull Murray - I just wouldn't do it, he's been way too hot overall. But if he has one bad game - how short is the leash? Fleury is his buddy too, of course. And he cited the first goal last night as evidence against Murray... Come on.

You just never rock the boat at this time of year when things are going well. There are some decisions where you also have to look at it from a coach's standpoint in terms of self-preservation. Even if you think Fleury is the better goaltender right now, what if you're wrong? It's human nature to just stick with what's working if things are going well and everyone's happy. Sullivan's name is hotter right now than Bylsma's was during the Cup run, so why invite possible questions?

The other factor here is Madden's penchant to manufacture stuff like this when he's a little lean on topics. Does it all the time. It's the same reason he absolutely shredded Cutch yesterday too, even though what he said was stupid, but everyone knows Cutch is a good guy. He's just stirring **** up.

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007

Madden also has a huge thing for MAF, so I'm sure it's killing him inside watching Murray make a case to turn to him as the full-time starter sooner rather than later

That's all this is about. MM just plays favorites.

Seems the logical time to reinsert Fleury is when Murray finally has a stinker and we're getting blown out. That would allow Fleury to get in and get the rust off in a meaningless situation. No way you start him now and risk him costing you a game due to rust.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
Well, he just pulled the "everyone was waiting to jump on MAF" card now, so...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad