News Article: Pittsburgh Magazine Roundtable Part II & III: Systems, Meltdowns and the Locker-Room

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
It's going to take more then just Fleury to get that done. He also has 1 year only left on his deal after this season. It would be too risky for a team like Winnipeg. They can go after Miller or Hiller for example and keep those young players as well

You assume those two want to go to Winnipeg and play there, they're likely heading to contenders to get their shot at a cup, because if they wanted more money, Miller could just stay in Buffalo and have fun with a rebuilding process while being paid incredibly well and Hiller could go to some sad sack team that desperately needs a goaltender and will pay him top dollar (Edmonton, or something, lol they traded for Scrivens).

I think MAF is getting hated on too much, I would be curious what other GM's think about him around the league. We'll never know.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
You assume those two want to go to Winnipeg and play there, they're likely heading to contenders to get their shot at a cup, because if they wanted more money, Miller could just stay in Buffalo and have fun with a rebuilding process while being paid incredibly well and Hiller could go to some sad sack team that desperately needs a goaltender and will pay him top dollar (Edmonton, or something, lol they traded for Scrivens).

I think MAF is getting hated on too much, I would be curious what other GM's think about him around the league. We'll never know.

I'm sure there are many GM's that would love to have Fleury. The guy just wins in the regular season and will be a top 5 goalie in all time wins most likely since he started at 18 years old instead of 25/26. A playoff bubble team would take a chance at him, or a team that has a strong defensive system like the Blues. Pens trade Fleury to the Blues and eat 2M of his salary, Blues system makes him look like a pretty good goalie.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I'm sure there are many GM's that would love to have Fleury. The guy just wins in the regular season and will be a top 5 goalie in all time wins most likely since he started at 18 years old instead of 25/26. A playoff bubble team would take a chance at him, or a team that has a strong defensive system like the Blues. Pens trade Fleury to the Blues and eat 2M of his salary, Blues system makes him look like a pretty good goalie.

Or like most talented goaltenders that have bad games here and there, he's behind a team that actually has proper defensive structure and looks good, ie. the blues. Look at Lundqvist in NY right now, people are so quick to judge when it comes to Fleury because that's probably the only netminder they see in NHL action on a regular basis.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
I think many players get judged quickly here, and I will admit I'm one of the guilty in that regard (Pyatt, in particular).

But Fleury? We're not judging him with any haste here. He's sucked in the playoffs since '09. Nothing quick about that.

Crafton

Liver-Eating Johnson
May 6, 2010
San Francisco
a more descriptive thread title would be sweet.

in other news, Rossi is trying his level best to render these pieces unreadable. what an ass-hat.

Last edited:

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010

in other news, Rossi is trying his level best to render these pieces unreadable. what an ass-hat.

I literally just ran through all those articles reading what Colligan had to say. Then exited.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009

what title would you suggest? Something like, "Pittsburgh Magazine Roundtable Part II: Systems, Meltdowns and the Locker-Room"?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad