Confirmed with Link: Pittsburgh claims Arcobello off Waivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penguinator

Kesselator
Sep 17, 2014
Space
Of course Perron is better than 600k Arco lol!

David was also probably consulted before getting ArcLord off waivers.

Arco also had to face better adversity with the Oilers than he will have to with the Pens. A major factor.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Arcobello doesn't have to be anything but better than the likes of Rust and Sill. Any performance above that is just gravy.

eXile59

Shirts on.
Jan 2, 2009
PA
Arcobello doesn't have to be anything but better than the likes of Rust and Sill. Any performance above that is just gravy.

Well after we get healthy someone like Downie or Spaling will be on the 4th line so he'll have to be better than that to not hit waivers in two weeks. He's this years Chris Bourque.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
How's Arcobello been playing in Pittsburgh, gents?

he's an NHL caliber player, so he was fine to pick up. I would be happy if he's out of the line-up when healthy. But there are at least 2 guys worse than him playing every night right now.

ChrisKuuuunitz

4 time champ
Jan 14, 2015
there
Better than Adams.

If you didn't notice him last game, you didn't watch it. Had nice play to set up Malkin, and had 2 or 3 good chances. But Edmonton looked bad too. He is looking like a nice pickup to me, a third or 4th liner who can score or set up.

“I thought ‘Arco’ had a good night,” Johnston(coach) said. “He had a lot of scoring chances through the first two periods. He played a good game. That line (Arcobello-Malkin-Patric Hornqvist) as a group generated more than any of our lines.”

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
Arco is like TK 2.0. Good acceleration, hard on bodies (though doesn't do any damage), plays the right way but doesn't have the skills or shot to really score much.

Whambino

Nov 28, 2014
He's a pretty solid pick up for us. Not top 6 potential, but he'll be an asset to us for sure. I think he plays hard and fairly smart, but I think on healthy squad he shouldn't be more than a fourth line winger/extra forward. I'd hate to have the Pens waive him because he can be important in the playoffs. I think a 4th line of Arcobello-Lapierre-Downie would be a pretty darn good one in the playoffs, but more than likely he'll be a scratch and be there to fill in for any injuries.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012

What's your dislike towards Rust? He's been nothing but solid in the NHL in the games he's been up, if the Pens had more guys play with that energy, tenacity, hockey iq and skate as well...the PEns would be ok on the bottom 6.

Sill, he just sucks.

Arcobello is better than Sill and Adams.

Not sure if you are just not a fan of Rust.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Arco is like TK 2.0. Good acceleration, hard on bodies (though doesn't do any damage), plays the right way but doesn't have the skills or shot to really score much.

See I think he's been ok, I think he forces too much to make an impression to not get waived or be in the AHL for life. He's a guy that has skill and it's obvious, but he forces it, is spastic, but he's good along the boards, isn't a weak small guy either, he goes into the hard areas that some of the bigger guys on this team need to do more of, I don't mind him on the roster. He improves the bottom 6 over Sill and Adams.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK

I wish Arco was as good as TK. Arcobello problem is he best at centre or RW, and I doubt he gets a spot at either position with the way our lines shake out once everyone is healthy. I'd still have him on the 4th line over Sill/Adams though.

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
I wish Arco was as good as TK. Arcobello problem is he best at centre or RW, and I doubt he gets a spot at either position with the way our lines shake out once everyone is healthy. I'd still have him on the 4th line over Sill/Adams though.

Same. Arco is just a terrible option in the top 6, made even worse by the fact that Johnston had him playing on the LW.

Hopefully Bennett's in tonight and we can forget about that nonsense.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Arcobello is a good player in the bottom 6 but he shouldn't be on the top 6 outside of injuries.

A 10-10 type of player.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
TK is a good comparison I think. If we had a Jordan Staal level 3rd line center, he could probably do good things on that line. But he can't play against the kind of defenses Geno or Sid play against, and he isn't a great 3rd liner without a big workhorse like Staal to really take a lot of the pressure. TK looked a lot like Arcobello when he was playing without Staal.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Ship his ass to Milwaukee. Give me TK at his cap-hit over Arcobello everyday of the week.

You'd have Tyler Kennedy with his 9 points in 20 games (26 in 87 for the Sharks) & at $2.35m over Arcobello's 2 in 9 (15 in 49 for the Oilers, Preds and Penguins) and at $600k?

He'd have the same number of points in 87 games based on his points this season as Tyler Kennedy in his last 87 games for the Sharks.

This is beside the point that we can't afford Kennedy anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad