Proposal: Pit - Wpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgimp

Sep 18, 2017
Ripley, Ont
Just sign him for free during the offseason if that's the case, if he wants to play for the Jets due to family reasons then cool. Why would the Jets offer anything if thats the premise.
Watch it, now your starting to sound like a Habs fan in regards to PLD.

Ehlers is signed at 6 million for next season already and if I'm the Jets I wouldn't do that extension on him.
I’d try and move him for Pulock. Fills a need for both teams.

Reactions: wetcoast

jgimp

Sep 18, 2017
Ripley, Ont
So wait.. Jets won't move Ehlers for Guentzel because Ehlers has one year on his contract, but Isles will move Pulock for him who has six more years for a UFA?
Obviously Ehlers would need to extend and Pulock would need to waive and really, Jets would have to add. But as a base I think it would work. Never happen though cause I’m not allowed to have nice things

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
37 year old Carter.

So would you be open to Iafallo, 1st and a 3rd?

Would I if I knew Jake would be open to extending like you’ve suggested? Yes, albeit I haven’t looked at the Jets long term cap situation to ensure it would work.

Would I do it if Jake was a pure rentaL, no. Not bc Jake isn’t a very good player or isnt Worth it as a rental, Jets aren’t a team who can throw away futures on rentals every year like 1st rd picks grow on trees. Jets will always live and die by draft & development using its picks and prospects. Jets will always be very rare they give up their 1st rd picks.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Would I if I knew Jake would be open to extending like you’ve suggested? Yes, albeit I haven’t looked at the Jets long term cap situation to ensure it would work.

Would I do it if Jake was a pure rentaL, no. Not bc Jake isn’t a very good player or isnt Worth it as a rental, Jets aren’t a team who can throw away futures on rentals every year like 1st rd picks grow on trees. Jets will always live and die by draft & development using its picks and prospects. Jets will always be very rare they give up their 1st rd picks.

Just seems like really weird rationalizing here.

Jets just threw a 1st and a 3rd at a rental Monahan. Now they won't use one on the best player available at the deadline?

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
Just seems like really weird rationalizing here.

Jets just threw a 1st and a 3rd at a rental Monahan. Now they won't use one on the best player available at the deadline?

Jets sent a 1st rd pick and a very unlikely 3rd pick to fill a significant need as per the team……you’re offering an upgrade on a strength (Winger). Plus not Only your offering an upgrade on a strength, your offering it after we already spent a 1st rd pick. Not strange rationalization, logical unless you think a team who lives, breaths draft n development is going to give multi 1st rd picks on one run (highly unlikely). If the Jets were going to go insane on one playoff run and spend multi 1st, it would not be on a UFA winger, it would now be on a top 4 RHD upgrade.

Reactions: Huffer and Snowman

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
Jets sent a 1st rd pick and a very unlikely 3rd pick to fill a significant need as per the team……you’re offering an upgrade on a strength (Winger). Plus not Only your offering an upgrade on a strength, your offering it after we already spent a 1st rd pick. Not strange rationalization, logical unless you think a team who lives, breaths draft n development is going to give multi 1st rd picks on one run (highly unlikely). If the Jets were going to go insane on one playoff run and spend multi 1st, it would not be on a UFA winger, it would now be on a top 4 RHD upgrade.

Which is the premise of the trade. Vastly improving on the LW depth over Ehlers for the cost of a 3rd. Glad we’ve established why a team like Winnipeg may do the trade!

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
Shhhhh

Haha
tumblr_nwtp51ctHr1ui9l41o1_250.gif

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
Which is the premise of the trade. Vastly improving on the LW depth over Ehlers for the cost of a 3rd. Glad we’ve established why a team like Winnipeg may do the trade!

But it’s not a 3rd cost only, your saying Ehlers (top 6 winger with term) & 3rd for a UFA. I get why you want it, I’m saying don’t hold your breath on the Jets doing or on me saying I agree to it.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
But it’s not a 3rd cost only, your saying Ehlers (top 6 winger with term) & 3rd for a UFA. I get why you want it, I’m saying don’t hold your breath on the Jets doing or on me saying I agree to it.

I just don’t understand why people are acting like it is this vast valley of value. If it was Jake for a younger player who was a proven elite talent, I’d get it. Ehlers is injury prone and at his peak a 65 pt guy. He also has one year left.

The Jets immediately have one of the best forward groups in the league by adding Guentzel and unlike Ehlers he’s a playoff performer. Jake’s last playoff series he put up 3 more goals than Ehlers has in 32 playoff games. They also do not alter their depth lines at all.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
I just don’t understand why people are acting like it is this vast valley of value. If it was Jake for a younger player who was a proven elite talent, I’d get it. Ehlers is injury prone and at his peak a 65 pt guy. He also has one year left.

The Jets immediately have one of the best forward groups in the league by adding Guentzel and unlike Ehlers he’s a playoff performer. Jake’s last playoff series he put up 3 more goals than Ehlers has in 32 playoff games. They also do not alter their depth lines at all.

Fictional trade offers are very subjective by person, not surprising in the least. You love it bc you don’t care about the Jets future, every Jets fan hates it bc you’re suggesting spending a huge cost (1st rd, 3rd conditional, top 6 forward with term, 3rd pick) on one roll of the dice. No thx.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
Fictional trade offers are very subjective by person, not surprising in the least. You love it bc you don’t care about the Jets future, every Jets fan hates it bc you’re suggesting spending a huge cost (1st rd, 3rd conditional, top 6 forward with term, 3rd pick) on one roll of the dice. No thx.

If it happened, Jets fans would love it. Guentzel is a special player. Pavelski 2.0, IMO.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
If it happened, Jets fans would love it. Guentzel is a special player. Pavelski 2.0, IMO.

Every Jets fan has said he’s a very good player…….but not in the cards this TDL I suspect for the Jets, he would cost too much and the Jets already bought their big TDL player

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Honestly it's just funny that you've been told over and over again and given reasons as to why it doesn't make sense for the Jets and every time your response is just "no trust me this is great for you guys here's bad things about Ehlers who I've barely watched we'd be doing you a big favor".

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016

You forgot to mention the part where we lose a better player than Guentzel is.

Reactions: hn777

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Honestly it's just funny that you've been told over and over again and given reasons as to why it doesn't make sense for the Jets and every time your response is just "no trust me this is great for you guys here's bad things about Ehlers who I've barely watched we'd be doing you a big favor".
Agreed. Massive amount of Ehlers underrating going on by someone who is only stat watching.

hn777

Apr 22, 2019
Agreed. Massive amount of Ehlers underrating going on by someone who is only stat watching.
I mean, OP is merely boxcar watching. If he was really stats watching, he would know, Ehlers is the superior player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad