Proposal: PIT - VAN

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
Rutherford's been a GM for 30 years. His trends are pretty easy to view. He is notorious for his shotgun style trading.

Good luck though.

How many cups has he won again? Isn't he in the HOF for a reason?

For a fanbase he helped win 2 cups for you guys are awfully bitter.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Wasn't my question.

I'm a realist. If you want to live in a fantasy world that's up to you. The realist in me says if the Penguins decide to move Bryan Rust this year the Penguins are focusing on a 1st and a prospect as the return and likely taking some cap back. Although Rust is cheap as hell so maybe you get away with just retention,.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
How many cups has he won again? Isn't he in the HOF for a reason?

For a fanbase he helped win 2 cups for you guys are awfully bitter.

Why am I bitter? You're the one getting upset. Rutherford is what he is. He won us two cups. He'll always be viewed positively for that. That doesn't change the fact he rarely if ever wins a trade.

Funny enough, his best trade in PIT was probably with the Canucks.

Reactions: BillPrep

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
Rutherford's been a GM for 30 years. His trends are pretty easy to view. He is notorious for his shotgun style trading.

Good luck though.

Nucks fans are just boarding the JR Rollercoaster they have yet to feel the highs and lows.

He's exciting in a somewhat terrifying way as your GM.

Reactions: orby

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
I'm a realist. If you want to live in a fantasy world that's up to you. The realist in me says if the Penguins decide to move Bryan Rust this year the Penguins are focusing on a 1st and a prospect as the return and likely taking some cap back. Although Rust is cheap as hell so maybe you get away with just retention,.

I'm not talking about the pens specifically (in this case) and I don't think there is any chance in hell the pens trade for Miller.

You still have not answered my question, but that's ok.

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
Yes. JT Miller is a fantastic player when used as a top offensive weapon. We've established that.

The teams that are targeting JT Miller are pretty established at the top end.

Miller was a playoff disappointment for the majority of his career.

And he established himself here, so what.

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
Nobody is disputing this?

My only point is that you are trying to diminish what Pacioretty accomplished in Montreal because of one bad season, yet JT Miller is a top ten scorer because he did it one season.

I'm not trying to diminish anything Patches did, I was disputing that he was better than Miller is now.

Now' who's arguing against a point that wasn't made?

dman34

May 6, 2011
JT Miller will not be traded for quantity.
This offer is missing the centre piece and putting any sort of "conditions" on the 1st round pick is ridiculous. I wouldn't trade Miller for this with no retention, and then you want Halak too? :laugh:

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
If he wins us two cups, he can do whatever he wants.

I wish you luck. It's possible he helps. Just be prepared for his fair share of head scratchers.

He's not a 'by the book' value guy. We'll see what Miller goes for. I don't assume we get him but JR is the GM that attempted to trade back for Hagelin same year after a retention deal and couldn't reacquire. He's an old school creature of habit.

I kinda miss the excitement of him.

Nona Di Giuseppe

Jul 14, 2009
Coquitlam
I wish you luck. It's possible he helps. Just be prepared for his fair share of head scratchers.

He's not a 'by the book' value guy. We'll see what Miller goes for. I don't assume we get him but JR is the GM that attempted to trade back for Hagelin same year after a retention deal and couldn't reacquire. He's an old school creature of habit.

holy shit guys

Rutherford isn’t even the GM FFS

even pens fan is like “I’ve experienced this person once before therefore I know what’s happening and you don’t lalalsllalsla”

Not even the GM. ‍♂️

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
holy shit guys

Rutherford isn’t even the GM FFS

even pens fan is like “I’ve experienced this person once before therefore I know what’s happening and you don’t lalalsllalsla”

Not even the GM. ‍♂️

Is he not the president and interim GM?

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011

He has already hired people in management that wouldn't be here if they weren't gonna have a voice, including 2 women as AGM's, that alone can hardly be considered old school to me, and it doesn't really fit the narrative of creature of habit, as of yet at least.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
cool. you’re wrong.

none of those pieces do anything for van.

We want young, skilled players, prospects, and picks...no not like THAT!

Got it. Not defending the value of the OP as much as the replies make me think there will be disappointment with the return.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad