Oct 29, 2009
PIT:

J.T. Miller
Jaroslav Halak (50% retained)

VAN:

Kasperi Kapanen
Samuel Poulin
Casey DeSmith
Conditional 1st round pick (if Pit reaches SC final otherwise a 2nd round pick)

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
PIT:

J.T. Miller
Jaroslav Halak (50% retained)

VAN:

Kasperi Kapanen
Samuel Poulin
Casey DeSmith
Conditional 1st round pick (if Pit reaches SC final otherwise a 2nd round pick)

upload_2022-2-27_16-29-43.gif

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
This isn't good for Vancouver but I'm skeptical that the Canucks get back much more than this for Miller.

This is like the Rangers offering Chytil, Lundkvist and a conditional 1st for Miller. The Canucks can do better, namely with getting an unconditional 1st and getting another B level prospect there (2nd round equivalent or so), but I don't think that's a ton more.

The OP needs to make the 1st unconditional and add Joseph to the package to get something even close to reasonable, but I still doubt the Canucks would go for that because I don't think POJ and Poulin really fill that big of needs in their prospect pool.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
So a 25 year old on pace for 37 points, a 21 year old prospect that isn't doing well in the AHL, and only a conditional 2nd for a player that is top 10 in scoring. How can we pass that up?

Yeah that value is way off.

Not sure what Vancouver would want, but for starters, any 1st rounder wouldn't have a condition on it, Halak doesn't need to be part of the deal, and they should have their pick of prospects at the very least.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Ita

Mar 11, 2019
This isn't good for Vancouver but I'm skeptical that the Canucks get back much more than this for Miller.

You need to look at what Stone, Pacioretty and Duchene got. Their returns were much better than the crap that OP offered.

Also, OP asked for Halak at 50%, which imagine to be worth a 2nd/3rd by himself. Just a horrific proposal.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
TBH I'd prefer Boeser and Schenn. At least that be more realistic. We don't have the pieces IMO to get Miller. I wouldn't switch goalies. KK, Poulin and a pick, but not a 1st.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Keep it simple

Dickinson for pens 1st

Lmao

You need to look at what Stone, Pacioretty and Duchene got. Their returns were much better than the crap that OP offered.

Also, OP asked for Halak at 50%, which imagine to be worth a 2nd/3rd by himself. Just a horrific proposal.

Pacioretty and Stone brought back less than what the OP proposed.

Miller's value is a young top-9 forward, a 1st round caliber prospect, a 2nd round caliber prospect and an unprotected 1st. The OP is that minus the 2nd round caliber prospect and unprotecting the 1st.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad