Proposal: PIT - VAN

Joe Rogan

Jun 21, 2019
Pittsburgh should go all in. It's not like Crosby is tearing it up with his 6 points in his last 14 Playoff games

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
We want young, skilled players, prospects, and picks...no not like THAT!

Got it. Not defending the value of the OP as much as the replies make me think there will be disappointment with the return.

Why because most of us rational Canucks fans expect a return that both fills need and has value?

There won't be any disappointment if we don't trade him, which we are not under any pressure to do.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Hextall doesn't have the guts to make a team altering trade. He comfortable signing ex players of his who didn't fit in anywhere else.

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
I guess it depends how you feel about Pacioretty's 17-18 season and goalscoring.

I think Miller is a perfect example of how a player will produce with big minutes. Especially on the powerplay. I'm not sure what he'd do on a deeper team. But, we have a reference for it with what he did in NYR and TBL.

If Miller is moved to any contender is he playing top power play minutes?
Curious to see why you think if miller is a byproduct of more minutes and pp points, why don’t these deeper teams have 4+ players in the top 10 scoring? They give their best players the same ice time and pp time.

maybe, just maybe, the acquiring team would realize miller would be one of their top 4 forwards and give him pp1 and similar 5 on 5 ice time?

I’d hope you weren’t in charge of my favourite team. Sounds like your decision would be to illogically say nahh let’s keep giving our non top 10 in scoring players that ice time instead because somehow they are more deserving and the results they’ve produced are somehow better.

Last edited:

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
Says the guy who tried to gaslight people who criticized Jim Benning and less than a year ago posted "Jim Benning has done a heck of a job over recent years." Lol your credibility is terrible.
I didn't know Jim Benning derangement syndrome was actually a diagnosis but hfcanucks makes it seem possible.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
I didn't know Jim Benning derangement syndrome was actually a diagnosis but hfcanucks makes it seem possible.

I agree, having 8 years of data/results to go off but continuing to believe he was a good GM is pretty deranged. It has nothing to do with Benning and everything to do with your arrogance in pushing a terrible narrative that is disproven on all data available.

Last edited:

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
I agree, having 8 years of data/results to go off but continuing to believe he was a good GM is pretty deranged. It has nothing to do with Benning and everything to do with your arrogance in pushing a terrible narrative that is disproven on all data available.
You're literally depressing me here. It's not even remotely on topic.

I never said "Benning has done a great job" without qualifying it by picking a specific area like, 'with most of his first round picks' which I still believe.

I'm gathering you felt called out when I said those who knee-jerk wanted to move Pettersson (and before that Hughes) should maybe learn a little patience and humility, and instead have chosen to double down on...obsessing over someone who no longer works in the organization?

The bad man is gone, you can get out from under your bed now.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
I never said "Benning has done a great job" without qualifying it by picking a specific area like, 'with most of his first round picks' which I still believe.

Nope, you constantly praised him and said he had done a "heck of a job in recent years" without qualifying it on certain aspects of his job.

It's on topic because it's hypocritical that you're calling out people out for having bad opinions when you've been just as guilty of this in the past. Even now, you can't admit you're wrong because your ego just gets in the way. It's annoying because I recall you belittling people on here who thought Benning was doing a poor job. Those people look to have been correct whereas you were wrong. Own it and move on rather than deflecting.

I'm gathering you felt called out when I said those who knee-jerk wanted to move Pettersson (and before that Hughes) should maybe learn a little patience and humility, and instead have chosen to double down on...obsessing over someone who no longer works in the organization?

Lol what? I never advocated for trading either of Hughes/Pettersson. Please do not make things up about me that are not true and are baseless accusations.

Once again, you're missing the point completely. It's not about Benning but rather how you spearheaded a terrible opinion for years, tried to gaslight people who disagreed with you, and are now pretending it never happened. It seems like you don't have integrity.

Bizzare

May 5, 2013
Miller's extremely reliant on power play production this year. Patches was a premier 5v5 goal scorer when moved outside of the 17-18 season.

That would be why I think Patches was better.
Have you actually looked up what you're saying? Or just pulling things out of thin air?

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
We want young, skilled players, prospects, and picks...no not like THAT!
Well, yes -- you hit the nail right on the head. We want young players, picks and prospects but not mediocre ones whose combined value objectively constitutes a poor return for Miller. I don't think there's a single Pittsburgh fan in this thread who thinks the original proposal is realistic, including the poster that made it.

Reactions: Nucklehead Supreme

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
Well, yes -- you hit the nail right on the head. We want young players, picks and prospects but not mediocre ones whose combined value objectively constitutes a poor return for Miller, which I think you and other Pens fans in this thread readily understand is an accurate description of the proposal.

upload_2022-2-28_16-29-54.gif

Why this is so hard for other teams fans to grasp I have no idea.

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
Sure. JT Miller is a great player. The issue is players like Pacioretty and Eichel who were better at the time did not garner huge packages just like if JT Miller is moved he won't garner a huge package. Couple 1sts, a roster player like Kapanen or Chytil, and a prospect if you remove a 1st.
Your argument doesn't make much sense because the hypothetical packages you're mentioning are obviously far worse than the returns for Eichel or Pacioretty.

Reactions: Nucklehead Supreme

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
Nope, you constantly praised him and said he had done a "heck of a job in recent years" without qualifying it on certain aspects of his job.

It's on topic because it's hypocritical that you're calling out people out for having bad opinions when you've been just as guilty of this in the past. Even now, you can't admit you're wrong because your ego just gets in the way. It's annoying because I recall you belittling people on here who thought Benning was doing a poor job. Those people look to have been correct whereas you were wrong. Own it and move on rather than deflecting.

Lol what? I never advocated for trading either of Hughes/Pettersson. Please do not make things up about me that are not true and are baseless accusations.

Once again, you're missing the point completely. It's not about Benning but rather how you spearheaded a terrible opinion for years, tried to gaslight people who disagreed with you, and are now pretending it never happened. It seems like you don't have integrity.
LOL.
Thanks for making it clear that you aren't to be taken seriously.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad