Proposal: PIT - UFAs (Zucker, Dumoulin, Blueger) (LAK, WPG, OTT)

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
He’s injured and one of our better 5v5 forwards. I like him.

Did you want him in Florida?

I’d probably move him for Lomberg.

Oh, thought you were doing backflips to move him earlier in year?

No real pressing need for him with Duclair only weeks away now and Lomberg is a fan fave in Florida, great contract for what he provides.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Oh, thought you were doing backflips to move him earlier in year?

No real pressing need for him with Duclair only weeks away now and Lomberg is a fan fave in Florida, great contract for what he provides.

Nah. I just figured he’d get moved because our coach hates him.

I like the player and think he’s fine.

Reactions: TheImpatientPanther

stardog

Been on HF so long my Myspace link is part of my p
Oct 31, 2003
www.myspace.com
Zucker...lol Kings need LD men and a goalie. Poster has been living under a rock for a while.
Yes, because every single hockey fan... especially fans of OTHER TEAMS are so enthralled with the Kings that they ARE, absolutely and without any doubt well aware of exactly what the Kings precise needs are.
I agree with this poster and call upon HFboards to step up their game. Before you follow or post about your team you'd better make damn sure that you are an expert on all things L.A. Kings related and it had better be current! Got it?
Or beware, I'm not above reporting you to the admin for "living under a rock" for awhile now. And as we all know, such an insult... especially in a hockey related community, is a fate worse than death itself.

Some people

Reactions: EpiPen

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Aim lower on Zucker. He’s been a mediocre player for several years. A 2nd at 50% seems right for him. Maybe a 2nd + a 5th. NFW he’s worth a 1st in this terrific draft.

The Ottawa trade makes no sense for Ottawa. They don’t need to be adding to their roster at the 4th line level. Value seems fine but the idea doesn’t compute.
I would say Rakell last year to the Pens is a solid comparison right now. Rakell netted Anaheim a high quality goalie prospect plus a 2nd with two low cap dumps.

Zucker for a high quality prospect + 2nd with a salary dump in $2mil range coming back would be very appropriate. He's been doing very well this year.

Ulf5

Feb 21, 2017
They already tried to move Blueger.

Hextall has done trades like this before, see Coburn out for Gudas.
You mean hockey trade? ;)
Blueger for whatever reason has become a black hole offensively. I'd imagine that's mostly due to his 80% or whatever dz starts.
And he's probably the easiest way to move cap without further depleting the team.
Dumoulin playing 20 minutes per night isn't going anywhere without a replacement. POJ was getting 17-18 minutes but his usage has fallen off considerably. Smith was getting 20 minutes but he got demoted. I'm sure they'll say Smith has bonuses that must be accounted for, that's why he was sent down instead of Ruh. But they could've made it work if they wanted.
And Zucker is their only sign of life a lot of nights. Not going to move him while still in the playoff hunt. Unless it's a hockey trade that helps now and in future, especially now.

Last edited:

DevilsHughes86

Dance with the Devil
Mar 6, 2007
Laval
If i was a penguins fan, i'd want all 3 of those players moved and get assets back. I don't think they have a shot at the cup with their roster, hell even more barely making the playoffs and having to play Boston or Carolina. They should sell in my opinion. But I'm sure pressure is crazy on hextall, so he will probably do something they will regret in the long term

Kaen

Dec 29, 2009
I doubt the Pens sell while they're solidly in the fight for a playoff spot. Also doubt that Zucker gets a 1st if they do, Rakell didn't last year and while the gap is small, I'd say Rakell is a little more valuable last year vs Zucker this year.

As for the Jets deal, while it isn't unreasonable value, I think OP forgot that Samberg exists. Dumo would be an upgrade on Stanley, but Stanley isn't in the Jets top 6 and D isn't the first place the Jets should be looking to upgrade anyway.

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
Yes, because every single hockey fan... especially fans of OTHER TEAMS are so enthralled with the Kings that they ARE, absolutely and without any doubt well aware of exactly what the Kings precise needs are.
I agree with this poster and call upon HFboards to step up their game. Before you follow or post about your team you'd better make damn sure that you are an expert on all things L.A. Kings related and it had better be current! Got it?
Or beware, I'm not above reporting you to the admin for "living under a rock" for awhile now. And as we all know, such an insult... especially in a hockey related community, is a fate worse than death itself.

Some people
The poster probably doesn't know the Kings traded for Fiala, which was one of the bigger trades in the offseason. A subscription to any online hockey magazine or a free internet search is all we ask for. Don't need to know all the prospects from all the teams but anyone would be better suited todo some homework before posting. The fact that he proposed a trade to the Kings with no real justification on why the Kings benefit from this trade is what is telling.

It's like saying we'll trade Kopitar to the Pens...why exactly is this good for the Pens with their already aging centermen? If would be nice to have some common sense and knowledge of both teams' needs in proposals.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
The poster probably doesn't know the Kings traded for Fiala, which was one of the bigger trades in the offseason. A subscription to any online hockey magazine or a free internet search is all we ask for. Don't need to know all the prospects from all the teams but anyone would be better suited todo some homework before posting. The fact that he proposed a trade to the Kings with no real justification on why the Kings benefit from this trade is what is telling.

It's like saying we'll trade Kopitar to the Pens...why exactly is this good for the Pens with their already aging centermen? If would be nice to have some common sense and knowledge of both teams' needs in proposals.

I'm based in Southern California and know the Kings.

My understanding is that they were looking for a top nine forward and a defensive defenseman to "go all in" this year. I know Byfield is playing in the top six, but I'm not sure how much they want to go that way.

Either way its the trade forum people propose trades here.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
Give me a pick for dumo 2nd and 4th for Teddy and i am happy.
I think they extend Zucker instead of trading him

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Where is Hextall vacationing today? Hextall doesn’t have the balls to trade these guys.

Last edited:

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
If i was a penguins fan, i'd want all 3 of those players moved and get assets back. I don't think they have a shot at the cup with their roster, hell even more barely making the playoffs and having to play Boston or Carolina. They should sell in my opinion. But I'm sure pressure is crazy on hextall, so he will probably do something they will regret in the long term
Penguins played both team incredibly close in games that could have legitimately gone either way. If they get healthy and create the correct lines, they can make as much noise as anyone.
I doubt the Pens sell while they're solidly in the fight for a playoff spot. Also doubt that Zucker gets a 1st if they do, Rakell didn't last year and while the gap is small, I'd say Rakell is a little more valuable last year vs Zucker this year.

As for the Jets deal, while it isn't unreasonable value, I think OP forgot that Samberg exists. Dumo would be an upgrade on Stanley, but Stanley isn't in the Jets top 6 and D isn't the first place the Jets should be looking to upgrade anyway.
Disagree, I think Zucker this year is worth every bit as much as Rakell was last year. Zucker is driving the play on the 2nd line and working incredibly well with Malkin and Rakell. Not everything he's being praised for currently shows up on the score sheet. On a nightly basis, he's one of the few who give a noteworthy effort. Very rarely have we seen him take a night off. He knows he wasn't great these last two seasons, so in his contract year, he's looking to make some noise - and he is.

Reactions: sanscosm

DevilsHughes86

Dance with the Devil
Mar 6, 2007
Laval
Penguins played both team incredibly close in games that could have legitimately gone either way. If they get healthy and create the correct lines, they can make as much noise as anyone.

Disagree, I think Zucker this year is worth every bit as much as Rakell was last year. Zucker is driving the play on the 2nd line and working incredibly well with Malkin and Rakell. Not everything he's being praised for currently shows up on the score sheet. On a nightly basis, he's one of the few who give a noteworthy effort. Very rarely have we seen him take a night off. He knows he wasn't great these last two seasons, so in his contract year, he's looking to make some noise - and he is.
Ya, I just don't see it in a 7 game series. Especially with how the pens have done in recent playoffs. That's just my opinion, good chance I'm wrong though as always :laugh:

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Ya, I just don't see it in a 7 game series. Especially with how the pens have done in recent playoffs. That's just my opinion, good chance I'm wrong though as always :laugh:

Eh their last 2 series could have gone either way with just having competent goaltending. They dominated the Rangers in 2022 and were pretty even with the Islanders in 2021. It's just that they had Domingue in net in 2022 and Jarry was horrendous in 2021.

With that being said, the Penguins team today seems clearly worse than last year's team. I wouldn't expect this team to do anything in the playoffs, they look really old for the first time.

DevilsHughes86

Dance with the Devil
Mar 6, 2007
Laval
Eh their last 2 series could have gone either way with just having competent goaltending. They dominated the Rangers in 2022 and were pretty even with the Islanders in 2021. It's just that they had Domingue in net in 2022 and Jarry was horrendous in 2021.

With that being said, the Penguins team today seems clearly worse than last year's team. I wouldn't expect this team to do anything in the playoffs, they look really old for the first time.
And if I'm not mistaking Jarry has been hurt this season quite a bit no and Desmith has been really weak this season? I remember some pens fans saying that Tokarski was better just a few weeks ago lol

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
I agree with the first part, but the bolded... I mean they're not trying all that hard.

They are aging and the Eastern Conference is full of good teams at the top. As teams age they slow, can't stay at the top forever, especially not in the cap World. Also, while Sidney and Evgeni are still very good, they aren't what they were, so that means they need more from others. Pens will stay a playoff or near playoff team until Sidney retires.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad