Proposal: PIT-MTL-TOR

Smif

Jan 23, 2008
Hamilton
I actually think Pittsburgh still makes the playoffs imo. They have the best underlying stats for a team outside looking in. I'm going to guess they go on a run soon. I wouldn't even be surprised if they finish in the playoffs and above a wildcard spot.

Reactions: wetcoast

Zonk

Jul 2, 2012
So the Pens are trading two 3rd round picks in 2025? One of which they don't have?

And is Cowan really a great prospect? He looks like a late first round pick with mediocre stats in junior.......
Would you kindly provide your definition of "mediocre"? Cowan has the highest points per game average in the OHL. How is that mediocre?
Just a suggestion for your consideration: If you do not know anything about a player, do not feel obligated to post something.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
They’ll get several offers better than that.
I guess we will see him being injured doesn't help.

I actually think Pittsburgh still makes the playoffs imo. They have the best underlying stats for a team outside looking in. I'm going to guess they go on a run soon. I wouldn't even be surprised if they finish in the playoffs and above a wildcard spot.
They could even as they have squandered points recently they are 7 points behind TB with 5 games in hand.

Both teams play tonight, TB against Buffalo and Pittsburg is in Seattle.

Pittsburg needs to go on some kind of run soon though as time is their enemy.

Reactions: Smif

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
I guess we will see him being injured doesn't help.
He’s already skating. Had the Pens not put him on LTIR I think he’d be back before the deadline. He broke his pinky, he didn’t blow out his knee.

The amount of teams interested means there could be a bidding war. Theres no way they’re attaching a pick with him and only getting a 1st and prospect back. Thats if they even trade him. If the team keeps winning, they won’t.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
He’s already skating. Had the Pens not put him on LTIR I think he’d be back before the deadline. He broke his pinky, he didn’t blow out his knee.

The amount of teams interested means there could be a bidding war. Theres no way they’re attaching a pick with him and only getting a 1st and prospect back. Thats if they even trade him. If the team keeps winning, they won’t.
Well it will be very interesting to see what happens not so sure about any bidding war but good for the Pens if that happens their pipeline is very thin.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Why stop there ? Send Matthews to Pittsburgh as well. Wtf is this proposal ? Minten + Cown + 1st for Savard and Guentzal ? What a joke

LOL we're talking about Guentzal here not Crosby :laugh:
OK, well than look elsewhere. Jakes far and away our 2hd best forward. And Clutch in the playoffs, something your team DESPERATELY needs.

Last edited:

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
The incentive is you get a great deal. Two first rounders for a rental.

Nice haul is what you’d say to Dubas.
While retaining 50% and giving up a 3rd. That's less than what Claude Giroux got. Come on now.

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
We better win the cup this year, otherwise we are even more f***ed

We have like 3-5 prospects of decent value, giving up 2 here + another first for a decent defencemen, but not a guy we should target if our mindset is to give up this many asset, and a pure rental who we cannot sign unless he thinks he’s worth under 5 million

In terms of players, I’d love to add guentzel and savard, they couple fit seamlessly into the 1LW with Matthews and Marner and 1RD with Rielly, but I think it’s too much of a gamble for 1 year. We blew our load last year and got 11 games, much rather try to make long term moves that can improve the team for more than one year

in terms of pure value, I think pens get around decent value, maybe a minor pick added

Montreal gets minten, which depends on how they value him could be a bit low, but idk what the cap dump would be, as we don’t really have a traditional cap dump, either you are overpaid a bit, or you rest on LTIR

Reactions: Strangle

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
Guentzel is a clearly better player than Lindholm and it's laughable to suggest otherwise.

if tou consider who will look better on a paper sheet yes.

if youre considerating ehos giving you the best chance to win, its different.

its like youre telling me panarin is a better player than Barkov but personally you giving me the choice between both wich one giving you the best chance to win in playoff, my answer and probably the answer of 90% of gm will be Barkov. What rhey bring on rhe ice having much more value than their stats and its not the case with guentzel and panarin

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
if tou consider who will look better on a paper sheet yes.

if youre considerating ehos giving you the best chance to win, its different.

its like youre telling me panarin is a better player than Barkov but personally you giving me the choice between both wich one giving you the best chance to win in playoff, my answer and probably the answer of 90% of gm will be Barkov. What rhey bring on rhe ice having much more value than their stats and its not the case with guentzel and panarin

Guentzel is a clearly better player than Lindholm and it's laughable to suggest otherwise.

It's also funny that you're talking "who gives you the best chance to win" when Guentzel has actually won a cup and is one of the best playoff producers in hockey, while Lindholm hasn't won a thing and isn't one of the best playoff producers.

I don't think Leafs fans are in any position to say what kind of player "gives the best chance to win".

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi

It's also funny that you're talking "who gives you the best chance to win" when Guentzel has actually won a cup and is one of the best playoff producers in hockey, while Lindholm hasn't won a thing and isn't one of the best playoff producers.

I don't think Leafs fans are in any position to say what kind of player "gives the best chance to win".

with who guentzel was playing ? with a generationnal player in Crosby all his carreer. do you think hyman would be a 40 goal scorer without a generstionnal player like mcdavid? Pittsburgh didn't won because of guentzel. Guentzel was not even in top 5 of pittsburgh player when they won his only cup. pittsburgh also won it the year before guentzel jump in the league. so please dont tell me pittsburgh won it because of guentzel...

last 5 year 5 goal 16 pts in 20 gm

lindholm 7 goal 15 pts in 22 game.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
with who guentzel was playing ? with a generationnal player in Crosby all his carreer.Pittsburgh didn't won because of guentzel. Guentzel was not even in top 5 of pittsburgh player when they won his only cup. pittsburgh also won it the year before guentzel jump in the league. so please dont tell me pittsburgh won it because of guentzel...

last 5 year 5 goal 16 pts in 20 gm

lindholm 7 goal 15 pts in 22 game.
Guentzel was largely in the top 6 during the Cup run and if I'm not mistaken, set the record for rookie goals in a playoff or came close or something. So yeah, he was a big part of the team in the 17 Cup run.

Guentzel is likely going to a team with an elite center anyway so this "but muh Crosby!" stuff in non-sense anyway. Fans can say that all they want but it's not going to affect a GM's opinion because they will look at 7 solid seasons of production in the RS AND playoffs.

Reactions: Empoleon8771

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad