Proposal: PIT-MTL-TOR

RealisticLeaf55

Win it clean for J.T
Sep 28, 2010
A place
Leafs could use Savard but Guentzel? Not particularly a position of need for us. We are not in a position to trade away our limited/minimal prospect pool for rentals.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
I don’t Minten enough to give my opinion on him but unless he’s close to being NHL ready and has clear top 6 talent then this is an easy pass from Montreal

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009
whos just for fun? personally i stop at 1,
Not my argument but here goes- not counting Slaf - he is a NHLer now

Mesar, Beck, Roy, Heineman, Farrell, Kidney, Mysak, Tuch, Davidson, Guindon, Kapannen, Xhekaj, heck there is probably still a Pitlick lying around somewhere

That is 12 F prospects who are 18-22 years old who are about the same as Minten in their D+1 year, equivalent to about a point a game or better in the CHL. They are not all better than Minten. Some will be/some won't be but the point remains, Mtl has a ton of that type of prospect.

Reactions: HabsAddict

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
So the Pens are trading two 3rd round picks in 2025? One of which they don't have?

And is Cowan really a great prospect? He looks like a late first round pick with mediocre stats in junior.......
He leads the OHL in points per game played? Third in all of major juniors in points per game played (minimum 40 GP).

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
Not my argument but here goes- not counting Slaf - he is a NHLer now

Mesar, Beck, Roy, Heineman, Farrell, Kidney, Mysak, Tuch, Davidson, Guindon, Kapannen, Xhekaj, heck there is probably still a Pitlick lying around somewhere

That is 12 F prospects who are 18-22 years old who are about the same as Minten in their D+1 year, equivalent to about a point a game or better in the CHL. They are not all better than Minten. Some will be/some won't be but the point remains, Mtl has a ton of that type of prospect.

get same amount of point mean absolutly nothing.

Some player having just a better ability and/or tool to adapt to the NHL game. If i taking what you saying, nick robertson should be consider like a better prospect than all habs foward...OHL /AHL production hes better than anyone. But chance are extremely high to see Minten becoming a better player because already having the physicality, hockey IQ to adapt his game to the NHL.

for me Minten is at the same category than Owen Beck, whos for me #2 habs foward prospect behind Joshua Roy.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
I can fully respect if another team tries to wrangle everything they can for a player in a trade or if they turn down a proposal because they don’t think the prospects included fit their needs overly well, but those in this thread acting as though Minten and especially Cowan aren’t good prospects, give me a break.

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
get same amount of point mean absolutly nothing.

Some player having just a better ability and/or tool to adapt to the NHL game. If i taking what you saying, nick robertson should be consider like a better prospect than all habs foward...OHL /AHL production hes better than anyone. But chance are extremely high to see Minten becoming a better player because already having the physicality, hockey IQ to adapt his game to the NHL.

for me Minten is at the same category than Owen Beck, whos for me #2 habs foward prospect behind Joshua Roy.
Beck’s a better prospect than both Roy and Minten. A future leader, Montreal is not trading Beck.

Reactions: CDN24

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
Beck’s a better prospect than both Roy and Minten. A future leader, Montreal is not trading Beck.

depend to who youre talking for beck vs minten

-dobberprospect having Minten higher than Beck
-hockeysnew same thing
-scott wheeler having beck in front of minten

but everybody i saw having Joshua Roy in front of Beck.

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
depend to who youre talking for beck vs minten

-dobberprospect having Minten higher than Beck
-hockeysnew same thing
-scott wheeler having beck in front of minten

but everybody i saw having Joshua Roy in front of Beck.
Except in the rarest of cases, there is no certainty about any prospect. I approach the prevailing consensus with caution, preferring to rely on my own eye test. If the prevailing consensus was adhered to, Montreal would have taken Wright instead of Slafkovsky. Independent thought , in all facets of life, is a good thing,

To this writer, Beck has displayed all the physical attributes required to succeed at the NHL level: skating, shooting,, hockey IQ and high compete level. But most importantly, is his intelligence and off-ice bearing. These important characteristics just leap at you just listening to Beck speak. He already has an NHL disposition. He also projects as a leader.

In my position as an Executive Director of a large amateur sport organization, I deal with thousands of youthful athletes. The intelligence, confidence, maturity and leadership attributes that Beck possesses are exceedingly rare to find in young, elite athletes . Those attributes, coupled with his on-ice talents, leave little doubt in my mind that Beck will have a successful, if not impactful, NHL career.

Reactions: CDN24

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
Except in the rarest of cases, there is no certainty about any prospect. I approach the prevailing consensus with caution, preferring to rely on my own eye test. If the prevailing consensus was adhered to, Montreal would have taken Wright instead of Slafkovsky. Independent thought , in all facets of life, is a good thing,

To this writer, Beck has displayed all the physical attributes required to succeed at the NHL level: skating, shooting,, hockey IQ and high compete level. But most importantly, is his intelligence and off-ice bearing. These important characteristics just leap at you just listening to Beck speak. He already has an NHL disposition. He also projects as a leader.

In my position as an Executive Director of a large amateur sport organization, I deal with thousands of youthful athletes. The intelligence, confidence, maturity and leadership attributes that Beck possesses are exceedingly rare to find in young, elite athletes . Those attributes, coupled with his on-ice talents, leave little doubt in my mind that Beck will have a successful, if not impactful, NHL career.
Im agree with you but everything you said about Beck, you can say the same exact thing with Frazer Minten.

Reactions: ChesterNimitz

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
I doubt Montreal interested in Minten. We already have that in Beck.

its like you would say me couple of years ago than habs didn't need danault because we already having jacob de la rose.

we just dont even know what prospect will become... So they're no team who can say, no we dont need an high quality prospect because we already get 1 who maybe gonna give a good NHL player one day but maybe just an ahler... Thats why we call it prospect, they're no guarantee at all and its a kind of mistery boxes when they step in NHL

I am Canadian

AM34|WN88|MM16
May 22, 2008
Toronto
Leafs aren't trading their top 2 prospects, in the same deal, for rentals.
If they move guys like this it will be in a package for a defender with term.

Pens fans are expecting much more than a 1st + a good prospect [valued at a mid 1st imo] for a rental? I think they are going to be a little disappointed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad