Proposal: PIT-CGY

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
For the record i never bashed Galchenyuk. I actually like his game and would love to see him in Calgary. I just presume like i said he will test the market. If he does well with his next team his $$$ amount goes up. If he doesnt do well he will want to try a new team on more of a show me contract.

Bennett is an interesting player, he just can't score with us but i honestly see his offense going up once he plays in a different system. Not saying he will be an elite guy, but i do see him as a potential 40-50 point player if he can just figure it out.

There is a greater risk of Bennett never ever reaching that potential, whereas with Galchenyuk, he's shown he can produce at least at a consistent 40+ pace in his career, even while struggling, he's on a 32-34pt pace on a team that isn't a good fit for him and vice versa.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
There is a greater risk of Bennett never ever reaching that potential, whereas with Galchenyuk, he's shown he can produce at least at a consistent 40+ pace in his career, even while struggling, he's on a 32-34pt pace on a team that isn't a good fit for him and vice versa.
Nobody expects Bennett at this point to reach that potential. He is a safe low risk acquisition that you know what he brings . Alex G has worlds of potential. We have seen that at various times. He could easily put 25 goals next year or could get 5.... both players need a change especially alex. Bennett seems happy in Calgary..not oo sure...but the flames need a little something a d this could be it

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
Nobody expects Bennett at this point to reach that potential. He is a safe low risk acquisition that you know what he brings . Alex G has worlds of potential. We have seen that at various times. He could easily put 25 goals next year or could get 5.... both players need a change especially alex. Bennett seems happy in Calgary..not oo sure...but the flames need a little something a d this could be it

You can have Jankowski for Alex G, we're not interested in an Alex G for Bennett trade. Stop asking

Reactions: flamesburnoil

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Alex can go for a pick to a few teams ..that's a no brainer...more pressure on the flames.. the pens sit comfortably in a good playoff spot and are a serious contender. The flames are behind the Oilers and can you say really say in current form they are legitimate contenders?

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Lol galchenyuk is on pace for 32 points and falling. What's with the range to slightly inflate things?

I don't know why you can't seem to grasp this. When you take into account contract, playoff performance and physical play, Bennett has more value to the Flames.

Maybe the Flames offer a 3rd for galchenyuk.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad