Confirmed Trade: [PIT/CBJ] Emil Bemstrom for Alex Nylander and 2026 conditional 6th (or 3rd) round pick

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Run to checks the game sheets and sees 0 pts in 3 games
What game sheets were you checking? Since joining CLB:

Game 1 vs. NYR: 0 points
Game 2 vs. NYR: 0 points
Game 3 vs. CAR: 2 points
Game 4 vs. CHI: 1 point
Game 5 vs. VGN: 3 points

Too small of a sample size to make any real assessment of how he'll do in CLB, but right now they at least have a luxury of letting him play meaningful minutes and seeing what they've got in him.

Last edited:

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
I'll take any chance I can get to hate on Sullivan but Nylander not working wasn't his fault. Nylander was stapled to Geno's wing for a while and was given every chance to succeed. It just didn't work in Pittsburgh.
Maybe they could have tried him on another line.

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
:D

It would be awesome if Nylander scored a hattrick (or “just” the GWG) against the Pens tomorrow and defeacated in front of Sully/the Penguins bench.

He should also plant a “Sully, you suck” flag in it.

I would fully support that.

Reactions: rams and CBJx614

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
...That's how sports work. You can go check any big time player on any team and find handful of games in a row without any points being scored followed by multipoint games.

And as someone else pointed out that's not accurate lol.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
:D

It would be awesome if Nylander scored a hattrick (or “just” the GWG) against the Pens tomorrow and defeacated in front of Sully/the Penguins bench.

He should also plant a “Sully, you suck” flag in it.

I would fully support that.
I want him to skate by, point, and stare. I want that epic moment. Bad.

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
Wait... for the points to count they need to be in every game?

No really, what's you point with this? He's played well in all 5 games and the points have started to come. That's all.

I'll take any chance I can get to hate on Sullivan but Nylander not working wasn't his fault. Nylander was stapled to Geno's wing for a while and was given every chance to succeed. It just didn't work in Pittsburgh.
Sounds very much the tale of Emil Bemmstrom in Columbus (minus Malkin :))

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
I want Nylander to say Sullivan was a great coach who taught him a lot and then Pittsburgh proceeds to signs him for the rest of the Crosby era

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
Good for Nylander. Would hate the Penguins if they had the first hands on him but he was shit before and he was shit here.

Hopefully he is able to carve out a role when he comes down off of the high.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Bemstrom has just one goal but has been a typical Sullivan bottom-6 player: Good hustle, little production.

I am over the moon for Nylander. I am so damn happy it's working out for him in Columbus. Probably safe to say that Columbus wins the trade but I couldn't be happier for you guys.

Given his draft position and then rocky career to this point, he's an easy guy to root for.

Keep your foot on the gas Alex!

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
He's not only played well, he's been in the right place to cash in when the puck fell his way. He seems to have hockey smarts

tapi

Oct 25, 2009
From how good Nylander has looked it seems they Pens simply wasted away his talent for the last 3 years. Very strange

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad