Confirmed Trade: [PIT/CBJ] Emil Bemstrom for Alex Nylander and 2026 conditional 6th (or 3rd) round pick

Bishop7979

Sep 9, 2005
3 pts in 4 games.

Lead the CBJ in 5v5 ice time too

Sullivan doesn't know how to work with young players, especially young forwards. He gives them absolutely no room to make errors and the second a young guy makes a mistake Sullivan benches them and then scratches them while he lets his no talent vets continue to pile up poor play.

Watching Nylander play the few games he got it, it looked like he was playing to not screw up which pretty much negated any offensive ability he has.

I still think if he got in a spot where was given a little more room to play his game it could carve out a spot on a offensively oriented third line somewhere.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
3 pts in 4 games.

Lead the CBJ in 5v5 ice time too
Good for him! I was always rooting for him to carve out a decent NHL career after the bust label.
I think this was a good trade for both sides.

BrookswasHere44

Jun 22, 2009
As a Penguins fan, I feel like I should know but, was he not allowed to wear 92 in Pittsburgh? Is that unofficially retired for Tocchet?

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
Correction. Three more goals. Yes, he pulled off the hat trick.
You guys should trade him while the irons 🔥

Maybe a team that misses out on Guentzel would sell a 1st for the leagues hottest goal scorer? Worth a shot

Reactions: Fro

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Kid must be happy to be out from under Sullivan's "everyone under 29 will be a grinder" style.
I think Vincent is just really trying to instill a "play smart hockey" kinda mentality in Columbus and as long as someone is doing all the little things right, they will get playing time. And so far at least, Nylander has been doing all the little things right.

He's not perfect of course, but he's looked more useful than Bemstrom was in the lineup.

McClelland

Aug 2, 2011
Bergen
Wonder if the Columbus fans hesitated to throw their caps after Alex hatty, they must be worth a bus load of bucks on
the ancient market för collectors.

MrEckted

Jan 28, 2008
Wonder if the Columbus fans hesitated to throw their caps after Alex hatty, they must be worth a bus load of bucks on
the ancient market för collectors.
Not a bad effort.. might need to wordsmith it a bit.

Also, Sillinger had a hattrick in January.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad