Confirmed Trade: [PIT/CBJ] Emil Bemstrom for Alex Nylander and 2026 conditional 6th (or 3rd) round pick

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Nah, he was given every opportunity to succeed with the CBJ. I wish him well, but he's gonna be the same with odd flashes of good hockey mixed with invisibility for several games.
Odd flashes of good hockey would be more than what we have gotten from most of our roster this year lol

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Numbers game. He was going to have to be waived at some point given the Jackets plethora of young guys and bottom-6 guys.
Make sense.

My hope is that this allows us to waive Harkins willfully.

The Great Mighty Poo

Thank You 59.
Feb 21, 2020
Scatbox
Nylander isnt altogether useless, he just thinks, reacts and processes the game a step or two too slow at the NHL level, keep him in Cleveland and he's fine, he's a great AHL scoring winger but that's about his ceiling at this point.

Reactions: Rudy Russo

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Wait isn't Bemstrom a decent young player? Surprised the Jackets couldn't have gotten something better than a good AHLer and a 6th for him.

69 points in 204 games is about a pace of 30 points per 82 games, which isn't anything special but seems serviceable for the ice time he has received.

Reactions: Dominance

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
We’ll probably see 2-3 moves like this from Dubas, looking towards the future a little bit. Taking chances on players who some believed would be much better NHL players than they’ve become. Bemstrom fits that category.

There are some Chandler Stephenson’s and McCann’s still out there. Who just need the right opportunity.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
I've liked Bemstrom. Has some relatively decent productive seasons for a bottom 6 guy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad