Proposal: PIT-BUF-CHI: Fleury Back to Pittsburgh

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
Speaking of memes: here is one as old as time

Blackhawks Fans: We want value!

Penguins Fans: No. Been there, done that. Your turn!

fleury.png

Reactions: FunkySeeFunkyDo

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
There were three years where MAF was worse, 2007, 2012 and 2013.
Well 2007 means nothing. The pens didn't even have a competitve team yet. They lost quite easily in the first round and had little to nothing to do with MAF. They got beat a seasoned playoff team in OTT. This was pitt first playoffs in quite some time. However we we look at 2008 and 2009 and 2010 for a more clear indication. We see a cup final , a cup win and a 2nd round berth. Success. Your trying to compare a top 10 goalie of all time to a AHL starter. By the time MAF stumbled a bit in the post season he already had a cup ring and a cup final. Its like comparing mario lemieux to Craig adams , and I liked Craig adams !

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
I don't have to try harder:laugh: ...ill just keep posting yearly individual stats. 2007. Worse than Jarry yet still. There is more too!

[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Jarry wasn't even the best goalie on his team last year, his numbers woukd be comparable to a backup to which he probably should have been. Desmith was better....comparing a 2007 pens team that hadn't made the playoffs in years to the 2021 team is ridiculous. By the time MAF stumbled he already won a Stanley cup, a cup final and made it out of the first round..all thing jarry never did or probably never will. All you have to do is look at career post season stats . 912 save percentage. 162 wins 16 shutouts. 3 cups. And then you have the AHL goalie who isn't even the top goalie on his team....

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
Jarry wasn't even the best goalie on his team last year, his numbers woukd be comparable to a backup to which he probably should have been. Desmith was better....comparing a 2007 pens team that hadn't made the playoffs in years to the 2021 team is ridiculous. By the time MAF stumbled he already won a Stanley cup, a cup final and made it out of the first round..all thing jarry never did or probably never will. All you have to do is look at career post season stats . 912 save percentage. 162 wins 16 shutouts. 3 cups. And then you have the AHL goalie who isn't even the top goalie on his team....

No this started when you made a claim that "JARRYZ HADZ THE WORST PLAYOFF SERIES OF ANY GOALIE IN PENS HISTORY"

So we are pointing out to you that that is false.

Reactions: FunkySeeFunkyDo

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
By the time MAF stumbled a bit in the post season he already had a cup ring and a cup final. Its like comparing mario lemieux to Craig adams , and I liked Craig adams !

No it's Not

Why do you like Craig Adams? Oh my lord This ought to be good. :laugh::laugh:

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
No this started when you made a claim that "JARRYZ HADZ THE WORST PLAYOFF SERIES OF ANY GOALIE IN PENS HISTORY"

So we are pointing out to you that that is false.
Jarry was playing on a team that won its division and was a heavy favorite...his epic collapse almost singlehandedly cost the pens the series. It was the worst penguin goalie performance performance in recent memory. Jarry was playing behind a very good team , well seasoned and had just won the division. Watching poor goal after poor goal go in , buckeld the pens and they had nothing left to do but watch jarry collapse. The fact that the better goalie in desmith wasn't available only hurt the situation more. You watched MAF win the NHL best goaltending award tjis season amd you watched jarry show his AHL best in the first round

Ignatius

LET HIM IN TO THE BOX
Apr 28, 2010
Sin Bin
There were some years Flopper statistically had worse numbers than Jarry vs the isles . but go ahead and post your stats

Edit: we'll use 2012

Flopper 2012 6 games
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Jarry vs Isles 6 games
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

The big difference between 2012 MAF and 2021 Jarry is that MAF had a horrible defense "playing" in front of him while Jarry had a pretty solid defense playing in front of him and still fudged it up.

For the 2012 Pens team was dynamic offensively but trash in their own zone, the 2021 Pens team was very steady up and down the lineup and with how they played but did not have any semblance of reliable goaltending. End of story.

Jules Winnfield

Fleurymanbad
Mar 19, 2010
The Pens fanbase is split on Fleury like how the country is split on politricks. It's insane how you can't reason with people.

Best of luck to Hawks fans and Fleury to Chicago. He's a great guy and beloved teammate. Yeah, he'll irritate you with letting in the occasional first shot of the game from 40 feet out but he'll settle down and make spectacular saves for you as well. As long as your defense doesn't leave him out to dry like ours did for a while, you have a winner. Best of luck.

Reactions: Night Shift

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
Jarry was playing on a team that won its division and was a heavy favorite...his epic collapse almost singlehandedly cost the pens the series. It was the worst penguin goalie performance performance in recent memory. Jarry was playing behind a very good team , well seasoned and had just won the division. Watching poor goal after poor goal go in , buckeld the pens and they had nothing left to do but watch jarry collapse. The fact that the better goalie in desmith wasn't available only hurt the situation more. You watched MAF win the NHL best goaltending award tjis season amd you watched jarry show his AHL best in the first round

Maybe "You" had the Pens as the heavy favorite. No one else did. A lot had them as a slight favorite. But Some had the NYI. All 4 teams in the division were neck and neck all year for 1st.

Historically the Pens do not do well vs the NYI in the playoffs, that goes all the way back to 1975.

Last edited:

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
The big difference between 2012 MAF and 2021 Jarry is that MAF had a horrible defense "playing" in front of him while Jarry had a pretty solid defense playing in front of him and still fudged it up.

For the 2012 Pens team was dynamic offensively but trash in their own zone, the 2021 Pens team was very steady up and down the lineup and with how they played but did not have any semblance of reliable goaltending. End of story.

I'm not disputing your point about the defense but it's also hard when your goalie is also self destructive. MAF is who he is at this point in his career. You get the good with the bad
[Yt]

Reactions: DickSmehlik

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Maybe "You" had the Pens as the heavy favorite. No one else did. A lot had them as a slight favorite. But Some had the NYI. All 4 teams in the division were neck and neck all year for 1st.

Historically the Pens do not do well vs the NYI in the playoffs, that goes all the way back to 1975.
Actually 60 percent of hockey insiders and media personalities picked pitt.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
Actually 60 percent of hockey insiders and media personalities picked pitt.

That's pretty much exactly what I said but I just pointed out that you are the .01% that thought they were the heavy favorite. That's why your mad, your expectations were way too high. You fail to acknowledge the Islanders are a well coached and solid team and have been the last few years..They also nearly won the division.

Last edited:

Ignatius

LET HIM IN TO THE BOX
Apr 28, 2010
Sin Bin
I'm not disputing your point about the defense but it's also hard when your goalie is also self destructive. MAF is who he is at this point in his career. You get the good with the bad
[Yt]

I don't know what is worse, that or Jarry's gaffe below. MAF did have some major blunders this past playoffs though, the Pens may just be screwed with their goaltending until further notice.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
I don't know what is worse, that or Jarry's gaffe below. MAF did have some major blunders this past playoffs though, the Pens may just be screwed with their goaltending until further notice.

I think his worst game was the 6 GA in the 3rd vs the Devils where he lost his mind at the end of the 2nd and came unglued.. At 26, he has some time to correct things. I'm not sure if it'll be here but I'm ok taking the chance on him again

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad