Proposal:

PIT Gets:
G Marc Andre Fleury (BUF retains 50%)

BUF Gets:
2022 2nd Round Pick (from Pittsburgh)
RD Chad Ruhwedel
G Casey DeSmith

CHI Gets:
2022 Conditional 7th (from Pittsburgh): Condition that Fleury plays 20 games for Pittsburgh

Pittsburgh gets Fleury back in a 1A/1B situation to mentor Jarry. Buffalo gets a serviceable goaltender in DeSmith (they need somebody to play between the pipes) and a decent 6th/7th D in Ruhwedel, plus the 2nd round pick for eating $3.5 million of Fleury's cap. Chicago gets a free 7th round pick for Fleury's rights.

Reactions: BeauportHarfangs

dj Mahoney

Apr 11, 2021
Proposal:

PIT Gets:
G Marc Andre Fleury (BUF retains 50%)

BUF Gets:
2022 2nd Round Pick (from Pittsburgh)
RD Chad Ruhwedel
G Casey DeSmith

CHI Gets:
2022 Conditional 7th (from Pittsburgh): Condition that Fleury plays 20 games for Pittsburgh

Pittsburgh gets Fleury back in a 1A/1B situation to mentor Jarry. Buffalo gets a serviceable goaltender in DeSmith (they need somebody to play between the pipes) and a decent 6th/7th D in Ruhwedel, plus the 2nd round pick for eating $3.5 million of Fleury's cap. Chicago gets a free 7th round pick for Fleury's rights.
hahahahahaa Yah right!! Dream On

Jamie Winston

Jul 13, 2019
Chicago has no obligation to help Pittsburgh out. You’ll have to give up something or we will just let him retire (although I don’t think he will)

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
In this scenario, why would Pittsburgh be sending Buffalo a goalie instead of Chicago? For the sake of argument, why not this:

:hawks
Tristan Jarry

:sabres
PIT 2nd
Ruhwedel
(50% of Fleury's salary)

:pens
Fleury @ 50%

I don't think a trade like this gets made without a guarantee that Fleury would play for Pittsburgh and not Chicago, so the conditional 7th makes little sense to me. I also think that Pittsburgh would rather jettison Jarry than DeSmith for salary reasons and then run with an altogether different starter once Fleury is out of the picture.

Last edited:
Reactions: Goalie_Bob

Goalie_Bob

1992 Vezina (2nd)
Dec 30, 2005
Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh can’t afford this even with Fleury at 50% if the Pens are keeping Jarry.

Pens would want to keep DeSmith as the capable cheap backup.

Thus, give Chicago Jarry and the Pens keep DeSmith and it becomes a more logical deal. Logical in that the Pens can afford it.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Chicago has no obligation to help Pittsburgh out. You’ll have to give up something or we will just let him retire (although I don’t think he will)

Yeah, the reputation of your organization would sink even lower if you tried to pull that kind of shit :laugh:

There is zero chance Chicago gets anything of value for Fleury unless they're retaining money on him.

Reactions: enviSAGE and Pertti

Nakawick

Minty Fresh
Apr 5, 2010
The Range
In this scenario, why would Pittsburgh be sending Buffalo a goalie instead of Chicago? For the sake of argument, why not this:

:hawks
Tristan Jarry

:sabres
PIT 2nd
Ruhwedel
(50% of Fleury's salary)

:pens
Fleury @ 50%

I don't think a trade like this gets made without a guarantee that Fleury would play for Pittsburgh and not Chicago, so the conditional 7th makes little sense to me. I also think that Pittsburgh would rather jettison Jarry than DeSmith for salary reasons and then run with an altogether different starter once Fleury is out of the picture.
No offence, but Chicago takes that deal lol day long. They just traded an ECHL player for MAF. No way Pens are giving up Jarry, 2nd and 7th for him. If MAF won’t play for the Hawks or doesn’t want to, the Hawks are paying for not doing their due diligence. It will be them eating some salary and giving up picks. Not the Pens.

thesaadfather

Kneel Before Saad!
Jan 30, 2014
Ohio
No offence, but Chicago takes that deal lol day long. They just traded an ECHL player for MAF. No way Pens are giving up Jarry, 2nd and 7th for him. If MAF won’t play for the Hawks or doesn’t want to, the Hawks are paying for not doing their due diligence. It will be them eating some salary and giving up picks. Not the Pens.
Why would the Hawks eat salary and give up picks when they could just let him retire? I don't think the Hawks will be able to trade him for value without retaining or taking back salary, but they definitely won't be paying to get rid of him.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
As a Pens fan, no.

I'm not paying that for 1 year of Fleury. Nope.

You want to take 6th and 7th round picks, Jarry, and no name prospects, sure.

Our dirt cheap #7, 2nd, and cheap backup? Nope.

Jamie Winston

Jul 13, 2019
Yeah, the reputation of your organization would sink even lower if you tried to pull that kind of shit :laugh:

There is zero chance Chicago gets anything of value for Fleury unless they're retaining money on him.
Chicago has no incentive to trade him... this trade proposal is just the hawks helping the pens fans desperate for maf to come back.
Pittsburgh was on Mafs 10 team no trade list. If he won’t play for Chicago he won’t play for Pittsburgh. I don’t think some iffy allegations from 11 years ago will scare him away. Chances are he takes the money and potentially signs with Pittsburgh next year.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Chicago has no incentive to trade him... this trade proposal is just the hawks helping the pens fans desperate for maf to come back.

You saying "we'll just force him to retire if you don't give us what you want" is not "leverage". That's you being a spiteful jackwagon :laugh:

The Hawks would be blackballed by every single UFA if they tried to pull that kind of horseshit with Fleury. Forcing a guy out of the NHL for 3 years because "we didn't get enough of a return on a guy we got for free" is absurd.

Pittsburgh was on Mafs 10 team no trade list. If he won’t play for Chicago he won’t play for Pittsburgh. I don’t think some iffy allegations from 11 years ago will scare him away. Chances are he takes the money and potentially signs with Pittsburgh next year.

Please provide a source for this. And absolute f***ing lol at you saying the accusations are "iffy". How do those boots taste?

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
Chief over at barstool sports confirmed on a trusted source , fleury is going to play for chicago.

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
You saying "we'll just force him to retire if you don't give us what you want" is not "leverage". That's you being a spiteful jackwagon :laugh:

The Hawks would be blackballed by every single UFA if they tried to pull that kind of horseshit with Fleury. Forcing a guy out of the NHL for 3 years because "we didn't get enough of a return on a guy we got for free" is absurd.

Chief over at barstool sports confirmed yesterday evening on a close and trusted source fluery wil. Play for chicago. A Pittsburgh writer also confirmed a fanatic sports memorabilia shop has started selling autographed fluery jerseys .
Please provide a source for this. And absolute f***ing lol at you saying the accusations are "iffy". How do those boots taste?

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Chief over at barstool sports confirmed yesterday evening on a close and trusted source fluery wil. Play for chicago. A Pittsburgh writer also confirmed a fanatic sports memorabilia shop has started selling autographed fluery jerseys .

Lol at using Barstool sports as a source.

But I was asking for a source that said that Fleury put Pittsburgh on his no-trade list.

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
Lol at using Barstool sports as a source.

But I was asking for a source that said that Fleury put Pittsburgh on his no-trade list.

Your laughing however the writer who broke the news is highly credible. I've read the garbage coming out of Pittsburgh and it's truly wishful thinking . Pittsburgh was never a serious trading partner for obvious reasons , in order to acquire MAF they needed 2 things to happen a extra 7 million in cap space or to find multiple trading partners to move out enough salary only to then be stuck with no salary and open spaces that needed to be filled.

It was Walsh who is a known drama queen that started this nonsense.
I'll trust chief over at barstool and his reporting based on his knowledge and past predictions and writings.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Your laughing however the writer who broke the news is highly credible. I've read the garbage coming out of Pittsburgh and it's truly wishful thinking . Pittsburgh was never a serious trading partner for obvious reasons , in order to acquire MAF they needed 2 things to happen a extra 7 million in cap space or to find multiple trading partners to move out enough salary only to then be stuck with no salary and open spaces that needed to be filled.

It was Walsh who is a known drama queen that started this nonsense.
I'll trust chief over at barstool and his reporting based on his knowledge and past predictions and writings.

Lmao at anything Barstool affiliated being "credible".

The only thing that Barstool is "credible" in is how to be a frat bro douchebag :laugh:

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Whether right or wrong, Buffalo does not seem to be in the market for exchanging cap for assets. If you go 2200 miles southwest however ....

Not for that price.

They dont need a D on the roster.
Half of that costs more than a 2nd. Try a 1st+. This is full season 50% not a deadline expire ufa t0%.

Reactions: JThorne

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
Lmao at anything Barstool affiliated being "credible".

The only thing that Barstool is "credible" in is how to be a frat bro douchebag :laugh:

Since you have no arguement to any facts laid out you try to bash the source. Your more than welcome to do your own research and come to the conclusion that fluery will play for chicago and Pittsburgh isn't interested in acquiring him. I'll even note after barstool posted that a Pittsburgh writer confirmed the same thing.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Since you have no arguement to any facts laid out you try to bash the source. Your more than welcome to do your own research and come to the conclusion that fluery will play for chicago and Pittsburgh isn't interested in acquiring him. I'll even note after barstool posted that a Pittsburgh writer confirmed the same thing.

Me bashing Barstool as being just a frat bro douchebag site isn't exactly unfounded :laugh:

I wouldn't doubt for a second that Fleury decided to honor his contract and play for Chicago. That's not why I say that. Me bashing Barstool as a "how to be a frat bro douchebag" deals with everything else surrounding Barstool. I don't believe even for a second that anyone affiliated with Barstool has any sort of legitimate connections.

DarthProbert

Feb 3, 2015
Buffalo needs Jarry more than Chicago does. I mean, pretending that Buffalo actually wants to ice an NHL team and not blatantly tank. Either way, Lankinen is better than anything Buffalo has.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad