Recalled/Assigned: Pirri Recalled, Hayes Sent Down

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
After reading all the posts of this thread here are my thoughts.

1) Brandon Pirri has the second most potential of any centerman on the Blackhawk roster right now.

2) Brandon Pirri is currently the worst centerman on the Blackhawk roster right now.

3) Sharp and Hossa would rather play with Handzus than hold Pirri's hand as he develops.

4) Stan is looking toward the future and wants Pirri developed.

5) Q is a win first coach (24 game point streak!) and is more focused on icing the best lineup each night than planning for the future.

Conclusion: We have a coach who is acting like a coach (win first) and a GM who is acting like a GM (big picture). I think it is very healthy to have two leaders in the organization with different ideas. Stan and Q both have pretty solid tract records and if this supposed conflict necessitates the two to talk more about the current and future state of the team I think it only helps the Blackhawk organization.

That would be ok, except icing the best team to win now possibly includes Pirri.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
from what i saw last night, i thought he looked fine. it's telling that even after he scored Q still wouldn't give him any icetime.

i think Q's mind is made up about the guy and no matter what he does his situation won't change.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
After reading all the posts of this thread here are my thoughts.

1) Brandon Pirri has the second most potential of any centerman on the Blackhawk roster right now.

2) Brandon Pirri is currently the worst centerman on the Blackhawk roster right now.

3) Sharp and Hossa would rather play with Handzus than hold Pirri's hand as he develops.

4) Stan is looking toward the future and wants Pirri developed.

5) Q is a win first coach (24 game point streak!) and is more focused on icing the best lineup each night than planning for the future.

Conclusion: We have a coach who is acting like a coach (win first) and a GM who is acting like a GM (big picture). I think it is very healthy to have two leaders in the organization with different ideas. Stan and Q both have pretty solid tract records and if this supposed conflict necessitates the two to talk more about the current and future state of the team I think it only helps the Blackhawk organization.

Having two leaders with conflicting viewpoints is a HUGE issue in this case. It's the equivalent of having somebody else buy the groceries for a cook.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
from what i saw last night, i thought he looked fine. it's telling that even after he scored Q still wouldn't give him any icetime.

i think Q's mind is made up about the guy and no matter what he does his situation won't change.

Q is working on making a Viktor Stalberg situation 2.0 and will screw it up, same as 1.0.

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008

That was extremely baffling, but the excuse would be the two Hawk penalties.

In other news, Handzus looked even slower last night.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Of course Pirri didn't see the ice! He decided to take a defensively irresponsible selfish shot instead of throwing it into the corner and starting the cycle.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Please sit Handzus a game. Guys not meant to play 70+ games anymore. Pirri deserves some more time.

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
Right now, it's safe to say that Pirri belongs at 2C over Handzus. Handzus goes to the bench or 4C.

He's certainly not defensively deficient, and while he's not spectacular, he's made some very fine defensive plays indeed, and has only had a few defensive lapses (no more than anyone else on the team). Offensively he's the best passing center the Hawks have had in many years...I can't even remember the last center that moves the puck like him. He sees the ice well, shoots well, and has been good on faceoffs.

Now, if we can only get Morin up...

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Pirri is so slow... He really needs to work on his skating if he wants to stick in the NHL. His D game will come in time like it did with Kane but he needs to bust his balls in the next off season working on his skating. Otherwise, his passing, his vision, his shooting are def excellent.

Last edited:

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I can understand Q’s philosophy that offence will always come when you play good defense, but can’t he see that the team is slumping offensively? Luckily, the slump does not show in the standings, but let’s not wait for that to happen before taking some affirmative action. Moving Handzus to the bottom 6 and giving Pirri some time in his spot is a no-brainer. I also wouldn’t mind Morin up here for a stint. Right now, I reckon, the team could be one loss away from a bag skate.

Looking forward, TB should be a much tougher game on Thursday and we have some pretty decent opposition as October comes to a close.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
The Hawks also have yielded seven goals, including one empty-netter, on the shift immediately after a goal.

Woof.

Is that stat for this season...or?

Normally after a goal is scored 2 things are attempted. The scoring team puts the hammer down to totally establish control or the score upon team attempts to recapture momentum.

Where does a 4th line exactly fit into that well established scenario?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad