Post-Game Talk: Pima Pounders @ Powhatan Eagles 7:07 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
How many 3rd liners making $2.5M are "special"?
You are completely missing the point. We have players outplaying him with a salary less than half. We could use some cap space. If we had the cap space our beloved Djoos might be here.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
who is expecting anything special from him? or maybe you just have an extremely loose definition of special.
I'm expecting some kind of contribution. So far we have gotten nothing at either end of the ice. He even had some time on the top pp unit. How did that work?

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
Oh sweet, Raanta is starting. I have Kuemper in fantasy and I hate when my goalies play the Caps.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
You are completely missing the point. We have players outplaying him with a salary less than half. We could use some cap space. If we had the cap space our beloved Djoos might be here.

We may have them outplaying now, however in July GMBM went for what he felt the team needs and that is veteran depth on the bottom lines. It's a good situation to be in actually with ready propspects and having UFAs wanting to play here. Plenty of teams need cap space, not just the Caps. I'm going to give the guy a chance before judging him. Here is to hoping he scores a hat trick. Depth is a good thing.

Reactions: Pomee

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Panik playing against his old team. Should motivate him. :)

Coyotes have been very good this year but are wilting a bit on this long road trip.

Outsmart the desert dogs. Let's go Caps!!!

They usually up their game against us the past 5 years. Reider don't play with them anymore so that is one less Cap killer. Keller was a pain a few years ago. Maybe Wilson can flatten Stepan. I still can't stand that player.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org

Agreed, if we had more cap space, we might be leading the NHL standings or something.

But hey, no one here is advocating giving him more than 8 games to see what he's capable of here, right?

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Agreed, if we had more cap space, we might be leading the NHL standings or something.

But hey, no one here is advocating giving him more than 8 games to see what he's capable of here, right?
I understand we need to give him more games. The point I'm making is that I don't think Panik is as advertised and I don't him filling a specific role.
I felt similar about Shattenkirk when we traded for him.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
I understand we need to give him more games. The point I'm making is that I don't think Panik is as advertised and I don't him filling a specific role.
I felt similar about Shattenkirk when we traded for him.

The role he should fill is 3rd line scoring, where Connolly used to provide 20 goals. Teams need depth scoring, we can't have 6 Chandler Stephensons on the bottom six.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
The role he should fill is 3rd line scoring, where Connolly used to provide 20 goals. Teams need depth scoring, we can't have 6 Chandler Stephensons on the bottom six.
I know what his role is supposed to be. Do you think he is going to replace Connolly 20 goals? I don't see it. I hope he proves me wrong.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Panik is a very good player. I’ve watched him a bit before he came here. Especially in AZ.

Contrary to what some posters are saying, I think he can do everything pretty well. He’s pretty rugged, he is good at puck control, he’s good good hands and can see the ice well (meaning, he’s got a good shot and can pass). He’s a very strong forechecker.

I know he started slow, but so what? Once he’s going, I see him and Hathaway as the regular wingers for Eller (assuming one can play the off wing)

Hagelin should end up w Leipsic and Dowd at even strength. And then of course be top PK winger in TOI

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Panik is a very good player. I’ve watched him a bit before he came here. Especially in AZ.

Contrary to what some posters are saying, I think he can do everything pretty well. He’s pretty rugged, he is good at puck control, he’s good good hands and can see the ice well (meaning, he’s got a good shot and can pass). He’s a very strong forechecker.

I know he started slow, but so what? Once he’s going, I see him and Hathaway as the regular wingers for Eller (assuming one can play the off wing)

Hagelin should end up w Leipsic and Dowd at even strength. And then of course be top PK winger in TOI

I agree but Panik is wasted playing with Hathaway and Eller. To be effective, Panik needs creative guys and good passers on his line. Boyd would be an option or at least Dowd. Hathaway is too similar of a player and Eller is one of the worst Centers leaguewide in terms of passing and creativity. He's probably the one Center you don't want to play Panik with.

I'd waive Stephenson or Hagelin and play Panik with Leipsic and Boyd.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pomee
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad