Value of: Pietrangelo to the Sabres

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Generally on these boards the use of multiple periods indicates something. You don’t need to be a mind reader to get that.
You do realize in text you can interpret writing in any way right? I can assume ur angry, happy, sad, sarcastic. see how this works? They have emoji's for a reason.
also multiple dots doesn't automatically mean you are sarcastic. It also means u have more to say but didnt...
see how this works? maybe next time u should add that emoji to avoid confusion. I'm not here to breakdown ur post and figure it out.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Maybe the Sabres can be a contender with Pietrangelo.

Maybe...Can Pietro play C? Also, is he any good as a special teams coach?
Which is to say the Sabres have bigger problems to solve. I don't doubt Pietro would be a great mentor and partner for Dahlin if he came to Buffalo, but the absence of a player like him isn't what's stopping the Sabres from reaching the playoffs.

Reactions: Spektre

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
He's a 30 year old captain/Stanley cup champion who recently had triplets - he'll be looking for a payday along with some security. And it will take a ton to lure him away from STL.

It will be long term for 60 million plus. I believe Pierre Leburn estimated the deal is likely between 8 x 8.25 (66 million) - 8 x 8.5 (68 million) from STL. If he does leave STL, a contending team will have to significantly outbid Doug Armstrong and the Blues. He's not uprooting himself or his family from a great situation for anything less than that.

2 year deals and non-competitive teams have no chance.
I dissagree if Detroit offered him 7 years 15 mil per ( 105 million ) I think he’d leave for a non contender.

Chubbinz

Nov 1, 2016
I wonder if STL went out and got/extended Faulk because they already knew Pietrangelo was planning on testing the UFA market. Because otherwise it seems pretty awful cap management to spend that kind of money on a player who will be your 3rd best RHD. It's weird to think about Pietro leaving St. Louis, but it's also weird that there's been no contract extension so far if he's staying, and I haven't even seen any news about negotiations. And the Faulk trade and sign starts making a lot more sense if that's Pietro's plan.

I don't know why it's weird that Petro isn't signed yet. The guy is represented by Newport, and they play hardball. Look at when his current contract was signed, or Schwartz's second contract, or another example is Doughty's second deal. I believe Schenn was represented by Newport as well and immediately after he parted ways with them he signed an extension. The insinuation that Armstrong is just twiddling his thumbs on this is silly.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
I don't know why it's weird that Petro isn't signed yet. The guy is represented by Newport, and they play hardball. Look at when his current contract was signed, or Schwartz's second contract, or another example is Doughty's second deal. I believe Schenn was represented by Newport as well and immediately after he parted ways with them he signed an extension. The insinuation that Armstrong is just twiddling his thumbs on this is silly.

I'm not pointing fingers at anyone. It's just that it seems like usually when a pending UFA is gonna re-sign with his team, you've heard something about it by now. I adopted the Blues as my western conference team when I lived in that area, so I certainly don't want Pietro to leave the team. I'm just saying I see some smoke. :dunno:

BStinson

Nov 11, 2013
You do realize in text you can interpret writing in any way right? I can assume ur angry, happy, sad, sarcastic. see how this works? They have emoji's for a reason.
also multiple dots doesn't automatically mean you are sarcastic. It also means u have more to say but didnt...
see how this works? maybe next time u should add that emoji to avoid confusion. I'm not here to breakdown ur post and figure it out.
Hence why I said it “generally” means something. It’s not my fault you can’t read into social cues.

Back on topic, as this point is mute anyway as AP isn’t going to Buffalo.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
I'm not pointing fingers at anyone. It's just that it seems like usually when a pending UFA is gonna re-sign with his team, you've heard something about it by now. I adopted the Blues as my western conference team when I lived in that area, so I certainly don't want Pietro to leave the team. I'm just saying I see some smoke. :dunno:

What you're seeing is posturing between Doug Armstrong and Newport reps for Pietrangelo. Pietrangelo himself has no reason to sign when he's putting up a career season and could cash in even more the closer he gets to UFA. No matter how the season ends for the Blues, Pietrangelo himself has no incentive to extend now when the new cap number hasn't been made known yet. Agents and players care very much about making sure they're getting paid the maximum amount so typically that means waiting till all the relevant data that helps shape that final number comes in. I think this is the very easy answer as to what's going on between Pietrangelo's reps and the Blues.

The simple fact is that the team has multiple options available to trim cap and fit Pietrangelo long term. They can trade Bozak and Allen. They unexpectedly lost Bouwmeester as well and have a cheap in house option to replace him in Niko Mikkola, they aren't necessarily roped into extending Scandella for instance. Steen is a buyout candidate after this season which could result in further savings but traditionally the Blues don't utilize buyouts so this option is less likely than moving Bozak and Allen. Dunn could get a bridge deal, this is a likely option available. So there are options and that Faulk extension isn't keeping the Blues from extending their best player.

I realize people are going to continue to speculate but the Blues don't really have their backs to a wall. They can extend Petro and move less critical pieces out including Faulk who has an NTC but without an NMC he can be exposed to Seattle. Even if Seattle doesn't select him the Blues are paying a huge amount of money up front for Faulk so that he's easier to move in the future. I think Armstrong's end game is utilizing Faulk for another Cup run then moving him at an opportune moment sometime outside that window. Just an opinion of course so we'll see how it plays out.

Last edited:
Reactions: stl76

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Hence why I said it “generally” means something. It’s not my fault you can’t read into social cues.

Back on topic, as this point is mute anyway as AP isn’t going to Buffalo.
My god you are extremely annoying. just throw in the stupid Emoji into you're stupid comments if you don't like comments. I'm not here to read you're mind or break down you're comments.

I am Canadian

AM34|WN88|MM16
May 22, 2008
Toronto
Buffalo had to pay like 2M more for Skinner then he was worth so I'd imagine it would cost 13M for Pietro to go to Buffalo

Dirty Dan

Saturday Night Lupul
May 5, 2010
in ur crease
If leafs can trade Tavares for Kadri and Makar, trade anreas johnson it will open cap space for Piet.

Makar replaces Barrie and leafs get their #1 dman

Kadri a depth piece

BStinson

Nov 11, 2013
My god you are extremely annoying. just throw in the stupid Emoji into you're stupid comments if you don't like comments. I'm not here to read you're mind or break down you're comments.
Don't get your panties in a twist. I merely responded to your initial comment stating you essentially misinterpreted my comment yet you keep trying to go back and forth with me. There isn't any forum rules stating you need to utilize emojis if you commenting other than factual information. I'm actually surprised this is shocking to you since vast majority of posts in this section are like this. I'll end at this since this discussion isn't adding any value to the thread.

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Don't get your panties in a twist. I merely responded to your initial comment stating you essentially misinterpreted my comment yet you keep trying to go back and forth with me. There isn't any forum rules stating you need to utilize emojis if you commenting other than factual information. I'm actually surprised this is shocking to you since vast majority of posts in this section are like this. I'll end at this since this discussion isn't adding any value to the thread.
If theres no rule that u have to use Emoji's then dont get so upset when someone takes u serious. How Am I Suppose To Know You Are Sarcastic SIR?

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Blues core are in their primes and they have really good young players in Thomas, Kyrou and Kostin. He’d be a fool to leave if the Blues offer is legit.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
If leafs can trade Tavares for Kadri and Makar, trade anreas johnson it will open cap space for Piet.

Makar replaces Barrie and leafs get their #1 dman

Kadri a depth piece
Why would Colorado do this? Makar is worth more to them than Tavares, let alone adding Kadri.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad