TSN Radio Pierre McGuire: Jason Arnott could be a good fit for Maple Leafs.

cup67

May 8, 2010
TORONTO
Dont see any room. Lineup is to full right now. Maybe if a deal was made, id love to have him, but just doesnt fit right now. The way i see the line-up

Lupul-Bozak-Kessel
Mac-Grabo-Kulemin
Jvr-Mcclement-Komorov
Conolly-Steckel-Brown

here is what nonis should do.

lupul-bozak-kessel
kadri-grabo-frattin
jvr-colborne-kuli
komorov-macClement- brown--, checking line

phaneuf- gunnerson
liles-kostka
fraser-holzer
gardner

make the playoffs with this team, add now we are making progress.
with are young gunns playing, pull that off carlyle,

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
Have we not learned from the revolving door of end of career players from the past? When has it ever worked out for us. I still remember Dougie coming in and getting injured his first game. It was then I never wanted to see a tail ender come in for us, or at least come in a play a big role.

MountainGoat

If Leafs are going young Arnott would be a great vet to have around until the trade deadline

could show Colborne how to use his size

...Arnott's known for not using his size enough, especially along the boards

Arnott is too slow at this point in his career, way too slow

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
At 38 years old you, and nearing the end, you would think Arnott would like to be chasing a Stanley Cup at this stage.

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
we need him for what? to win the cup?:sarcasm: back to burke type of deals.
bring up colborne, use the prospects, let them get there feet wet in the NHL, 48 games, than see who can play or not in the nhl, start in the summer with adding good ufa's to fill the holes.
48 games should be a showcase for our young prospects, not sign more oldies,
lets get serious, we are not going to make the playoffs.
but if we make the playoffs with our young prospects playing, that will be a bonus, to build on.

Arnott isn't about making the playoffs, he is about bringing in a veteran who can help mentor the kids while still providing some quality minutes.

cup67

May 8, 2010
TORONTO
Arnott isn't about making the playoffs, he is about bringing in a veteran who can help mentor the kids while still providing some quality minutes.

mentor the kids?
oh ya they watch him play, while the kids play with the marlies, great. is that you burkie

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
With all due respect to Arnott, he would be a terrible fit right now.

The Leafs need to clear out veterans to make room for the kids, not take up more roster spots by signing guys like Arnott.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
If you want to bring someone to get inside Colborne's head, and teach him how to be a big C, hire Mats for a short-term coaching job.

Arnott... I don't see how he helps us at this point.

Maybe it is my imagination, but this really is shaping up to be a #tanknation year again.

Drugstorecowboi

May 5, 2009
Dont see any room. Lineup is to full right now. Maybe if a deal was made, id love to have him, but just doesnt fit right now. The way i see the line-up

Lupul-Bozak-Kessel
Mac-Grabo-Kulemin
Jvr-Mcclement-Komorov
Conolly-Steckel-Brown

Horrible line up.

Hero

Uncle Leo
Jul 2, 2009
heropuck.wordpress.com
Lupul - Bozak - Kessel
Kadri - Grabovski - Frattin
JVR - Colborne - Kulemin
Brown - McClement - Komarov

Issue with this suggested line up is no MacA, we won't see that happen.
JVR won't get enough minutes on the 3rd line, he can't be expected to carry Colborne.

Drugstorecowboi

May 5, 2009
Honestly, Arnott would end up being our first line centre. I'm not over valuing Arnott either. It's just that as Leaf fans, reading this thread, I can't believe how badly we are overrating our current centers.

Carlyle is not Wilson. Bozak on the first line? That will not happen. Carlyle will be looking for a responsible first line centre that can distribute the puck to Kessel and Lupul.... Those two fowards get caught up the ice so much ... we need a big centre like Arnott who can play a little d and cover up for their mistakes.... I can see that happening.

The whole: "the line up is pretty full" mentality is a bit of a joke to me. Half of our line up can be replaced by guys starting in the AHL on really good teams.... I'm all for Jason Arnott, it makes sense.

cup67

May 8, 2010
TORONTO
Lupul - Bozak - Kessel
JVR - Colborne - Kulemin

JVR won't get enough minutes on the 3rd line, he can't be expected to carry Colborne.

trade macA +, FOR A PROSPECT,to wasington for forsberg

Drugstorecowboi

May 5, 2009
Lupul - Bozak - Kessel
JVR - Colborne - Kulemin

Colborne has been playing so poorly that he wasen't invited to camp this year. Komarov will never make the team this year...Frattin will be the 13th forward unless someone goes down. I do not believe Carlyle will keep Bozak as his first line center this season. Kadri won't make the team. Just my two cents.

cup67

May 8, 2010
TORONTO
Colborne has been playing so poorly that he wasen't invited to camp this year. Komarov will never make the team this year...Frattin will be the 13th forward unless someone goes down. I do not believe Carlyle will keep Bozak as his first line center this season. Kadri won't make the team. Just my two cents.

so a last place team has no room for there prospects, wow we are in real bad shape.
most playoff teams have atleast 1 young gunn playing,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, burke really screwed this team

Drugstorecowboi

May 5, 2009
so a last place team has no room for there prospects, wow we are in real bad shape.
most playoff teams have atleast 1 young gunn playing,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, burke really screwed this team

what? i can't even respond to this logic--but i will try. this has nothing to do with our prospects -- just colborne. he wasen't invited to camp. he's been playing poorly. end of story. your line up doesn't look realistic whatsoever.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007

Actually, Colborne has been playing very well as of late. I suspect that given he has only found his game in the last few weeks, they want to allow him to keep playing down there, and work on his confidence and consistency. He just isn't read for the NHL, and I fear bringing him up, sending him back down will hurt him now.

Komarov will definitely make this team. The guy was playing on a line with Backstrom and Ovechkin in Russia, he isn't just a plug.

TML g u n n e R s*

what i think the lineup sould be minus any trades

lupul---bozak---kessel
JVR---grabo---kulie/mac
kadri---Mcclement/connolly---kulie/mac
brown---steckel/Mcclement-komorov

phaneuf-gunnarsson
gardiner-KOMI
liles-holzer

franson

would like kadri playing center

Last edited by a moderator:

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
I am not stating that Arnott take spots away from Kadri, I rather have him than guys like Lambo, Steckel, Connolly or Macarthur. Arnott would be a welcome presence in this team. Macarthur can stay but not the others IMO in his spot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad