Speculation: Pierre Lebrun on Leafs Lunch: Leafs forward search

Nylander88

Aug 13, 2016
Ontario
Miles Wood would be a dream. Young power forward on an affordable contract. Playing on a team that is in the basement and should be sellers. Also they could use a centerman. Kerfoot will be a cap casualty before his deal is up. He doesn't do enough for his 3.5mil. Kerfoot and a 3rd? Kerfoot & a B level prospect?
Can't wait to see what the next couple of weeks brings. Whoever it is, I just hope they bring some sandpaper

justashadowof

Aug 15, 2020
Use Kerfoot to acquire this rental (if it is a rental) and the GM has taken care of an item on his 2021 off-season to-do list as well.

I hope this isn't about replacing Hyman for next season. I'm really hoping that there would be a way to make an extension work.

Top 7 forward is ridiculous word play. Just say 3rd line forward for goodness sake.

Reactions: OddyOh

axlrose87

Jul 13, 2018
Is max Domi an option?
Left winger with a mean streak. A bit of a reclamation project but the family has a positive history here.
There would have to be some retention and kerfoot would have to be involved.
Might be something worth looking at. Columbus appears to be shopping him and he might just thrive here like his dad did.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Is max Domi an option?
Left winger with a mean streak. A bit of a reclamation project but the family has a positive history here.
There would have to be some retention and kerfoot would have to be involved.
Might be something worth looking at. Columbus appears to be shopping him and he might just thrive here like his dad did.

I think Max Domi is a future option. When he flames out on this current contract.

Reactions: axlrose87

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
Just no on Domi.
He's on his third team in less than 6 full seasons. That should tell you something. I get the playstyle is attractive for a playoff-bound team but it seems there's some baggage or other issues there that Montreal and Arizona didn't want to deal with anymore.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Just no on Domi.
He's on his third team in less than 6 full seasons. That should tell you something. I get the playstyle is attractive for a playoff-bound team but it seems there's some baggage or other issues there that Montreal and Arizona didn't want to deal with anymore.
He probably has a Maple Leaf tattoo somewhere.. lol

:sarcasm:

TheScandal89

Jun 26, 2016
That 3rd line should click their collective skate heels and go to OZ and go get 3 hockey brains

Unless we trade for a better 3rd Centre the bottom 6 should look like this soon.

Robertson - Kerfoot - Simmonds
Mikheyev- Spezza - Boyd

You'd have to trade Kerfoot in almost any deal to get a player who can make a impact, we have 29,000 left in cap space. The leafs can't even afford my salary :laugh:. Maybe you give Chucky a chance on that line over Kerfoot too?

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
I don't know what Dubas has planned but JT and Nylander need help and it isn't T Hall. He also needs to prepare for Hymans situation. We are not the same team without Simmonds and our skill isn't winning us games anymore.

Last edited:
Reactions: JT AM da real deal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad