Muminek

Jan 20, 2012
I wonder if they have someone in mind already

EDIT: Tretiak (I know, I know)

Analyzer*

Tells him not to do the things he did in the past :dunno:

One could hope.

How can a coach who has never played hockey can coach in NHL? :dunno:

One could watch a game and develop a technique that they themselves don't have the skill to implement and teach it to a skilled individual.

A former goalie who couldn't develop a technique to make them useful would logically mean they wouldn't be able to help someone else, no ?

Kolzig was good at times in his career.

Chfan

Apr 16, 2004
Montreal
Wasn't Price drafted playing a hybrid style under a Olaf Kolzig controlled team? Then Melanson made him become 90% butterfly no?

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
Price is immensely talented. There has to be a rational explanation for his apparent retrogression. Finding a more compatible coach might be therapeutic.

Godzilla

Jun 7, 2011
Montreal
They should let Price hire his own coach, that way there are no excuses if he plays bad. Maybe his new coach can also do his groceries.

Le depisteur

Feb 13, 2003
Québec
Visit site
Louis Jean ‏@LouisJean_TVA 1 min
Groulx requested an audience w/ Bergevin. It took place today. Therrien was present. The #Habs told Groulx they weren't bringing him back.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Louis Jean ‏@LouisJean_TVA 1 min
Groulx requested an audience w/ Bergevin. It took place today. Therrien was present. The #Habs told Groulx they weren't bringing him back.

"Can you explain why you developed a goaltending strategy that relied on being on your knees unless the puck was at the point?"
"Because Price is so big his shoulders cover the top part of the net."
"You are aware that you can't generate a lot of power from your knees for quick plays out in front or laterally?"
"Oh ****."

Analyzer*

Wasn't Price drafted playing a hybrid style under a Olaf Kolzig controlled team? Then Melanson made him become 90% butterfly no?

Probably, but goaltending is either butterfly, or "Jesus take the wheel while I flail everywhere" so that's probably what started the change.

Canadian_Brewtality

Feb 16, 2005
cant wait to hear those gunning for Carey's head spin ths into Carey's is going on his third goalie coach. #scapegoat #hecantwin

Oh wait its already happened. Took all of 30 seconds

Strik_IX

No excuses!
Jun 11, 2007
Montréal
Probably, but goaltending is either butterfly, or "Jesus take the wheel while I flail everywhere" so that's probably what started the change.

The position has evolved quite a bit since the '90s dude :P

As some have suggested, I think he needs a coach that will promote a "Quick-like" style. Price is definitely athletic enough AND big enough to handle it.

One thing I don't get is that people seem to think the goalie coach position was a revolving door. Hasn't he had 2 coaches since joining the Habs? (Melanson and Groulx) Plus Groulx's been with the team for 4 years.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
You have to take into consideration Groulx was not a Therrien/Bergevin hire.

Kenny Powders

Apr 6, 2005
Laval
He needs Kolzig bad.

He needs to come back to his old self, he was such a beast before Melanson/Groulx destroyed him...

Chfan

Apr 16, 2004
Montreal
Budaj in game 5 was the worst goaltending clinic we've seen since Racicot.

QFT. It's not because the team plays well for him that he's good...he was actually pretty bad all season long...

This is a very good move no matter who comes in.

DJ Breadman

Jan 18, 2011
Newfoundland
Auld and Budaj were/are great? They were useful backups (especially Budaj) and nothing more, no offence. Great was Halak.

HAHAHAHAHAh 8w 1L with a 2.29 and a 908 is not GREAT backup goaltending? HAHAHAHAHAAHAHA oh man some of you guys kill me, who else wants to get schooled step right up

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad