Confirmed with Link: Pierre-Edouard Bellemare 2-Year Ext. ($1.45M AAV), Selected by VGK in Expansion 6/21

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I think TVR, Miller and Methot will all be moved today or tomorrow.

Emelin seemed like a weird pick, so I won't be surprised if some team asked Vegas to take him for them.

Last edited:

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Looking at his twitter, I don't think PEB expected to leave Philly. Other guys have already tweeted how exciting it is to go to Vegas, but his page still says "Hockey player for the Philadelphia Flyers".

tade

Mar 6, 2013
Brno, Czech Republic
Looking at his twitter, I don't think PEB expected to leave Philly. Other guys have already tweeted how exciting it is to go to Vegas, but his page still says "Hockey player for the Philadelphia Flyers".

Poor PEB he does not want to leave Flyers. I think he loves it in Philly.

:cry::cry:

BackToTheBrierePatch

Justice for Cricket
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Bellemare could have been the Komarov of the Flyers. I wish he would had a shot with Giroux.

200.webp

Johnk0728

Dec 28, 2016
PEB was a legit scorer in SHL, the Leafs gave Komarov a shot with Bozak and sometimes JVR, which is still better than Vandevelde ...

Wow..... This post is literally unbelievable.

PEB was the 2nd worst scoring forward 5 on 5 in the NHL since 2014. He has no offensive skills whatsoever. he seemed like a nice guy but he is 32 and will probably be out of the NHL in 2 years. I wish him well but the Flyers didn't lose Simon Gagne in his prime here. :shakehead

http://https://www.broadstreethockey.com/2017/6/21/15849082/pierre-edouard-bellemare-vegas-golden-knights-flyers-nhl-expansion-draft-2017

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
I didn't watch much of the Flyers last season...just bored the crap out of me when I did. But how bad was Belly that so many on here were down on him? Was he just a plug essentially?

Johnk0728

Dec 28, 2016
Cap space for what? And who would then play bottom 6 roles? Only rookies from AHL? Not a good idea. Players like Raffl and Weise are needed.

I never mentioned Weise and Raffl was terrible last year. He is not valuable at all. Only to people on this board. Michael Raffl is not worth a 2.35 mil cap hit. Hextall could have used that cap hit and got a better player than him. The puppy love that people have for mediocre players is amazing.

tade

Mar 6, 2013
Brno, Czech Republic
I never mentioned Weise and Raffl was terrible last year. He is not valuable at all. Only to people on this board. Michael Raffl is not worth a 2.35 mil cap hit. Hextall could have used that cap hit and got a better player than him. The puppy love that people have for mediocre players is amazing.

What's your point? So he would overpay for someone else in Free Agency. Oh that sounds like an awesome idea. Raffl is perfectly fine... he's what he's and he's useful player on the team. There's not any love for mediocre players, he did not have very good year as he was also injured but he has had good years before... and he's only 28.

Stop living in a perfect world, you will never have only contracts that you like. And Raffl's contract is absolutely no problem as we also have plenty of cap space already.

Johnk0728

Dec 28, 2016
What's your point? So he would overpay for someone else in Free Agency. Oh that sounds like an awesome idea. Raffl is perfectly fine... he's what he's and he's useful player on the team. There's not any love for mediocre players, he did not very good year as he was also injured but he has had good years before... and he's only 28.

Stop living in a perfect world, you will never have only contracts that you like. And Raffl's contract is absolutely no problem as we also have plenty of cap space.

Raffl will be out of the NHL in two years.... if he was so good and such a value at his cap hit then why did the Vegas Golden Knights not take him for nothing. He is overpaid. Raffl at 900k is where he should be not 2.35 for 3 years. Terrible deal... I would rather use that 2.35 mil savings elsewhere. We will see ho Raffl does this year. Last year he was demoted. Hopefully some of these young forwards send his overrated ass to the luxury box.

Johnk0728

Dec 28, 2016
How many players, who have a career pace of 15 goals per 82 games, make only 900k? :laugh:

How man guys with only one season out of four with more than 13 goals in a season and one over 30 points. Be honest when use stats..... :shakehead

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
Raffl will be out of the NHL in two years.... if he was so good and such a value at his cap hit then why did the Vegas Golden Knights not take him for nothing. He is overpaid. Raffl at 900k is where he should be not 2.35 for 3 years. Terrible deal... I would rather use that 2.35 mil savings elsewhere. We will see ho Raffl does this year. Last year he was demoted. Hopefully some of these young forwards send his overrated ass to the luxury box.
Paid for the past. Raffl is nothing.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
22 year old players on their original contract do!

Raffl might be a slight overpay, but very slight, doubtful you can find a player with a similar track record for less than $1.5-2M. As a general rule, it's $1M per 10 points, less for lower scorers, more for players who have other attributes such as PK, defense or puck possession.

Johnk0728

Dec 28, 2016
22 year old players on their original contract do!

Raffl might be a slight overpay, but very slight, doubtful you can find a player with a similar track record for less than $1.5-2M. As a general rule, it's $1M per 10 points, less for lower scorers, more for players who have other attributes such as PK, defense or puck possession.

Disagree...don't care abut your "general" rule. He had 11 points in 52 games last year. As a general rule to people with common sense; that sucks.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
How man guys with only one season out of four with more than 13 goals in a season and one over 30 points. Be honest when use stats..... :shakehead

Be honest? I literally just posted numbers. What's more honest than simple numbers? Cold hard facts? Nothing is up for debate or interpretation.

He has 51 goals in 269 NHL games. That's a pace of 15.5 goals per 82 games. Those are facts. No bias, no opinion, just facts.

Even if you take away his 21 goal season, which was unsustainable, his pace only changes to 12 goals per 82 games... still more ability than a person making 900k.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Just be happy that guys like Raffl are fighting it out on our 4th line instead of being in our top line.

We finally have enough depth to push guys like him down to where they should be.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
I think Raffl's days as a Flyer are numbered. He's probably deemed replaceable since we signed Weise and he could very well be gone by trade deadline next season because he's much easier to trade than Weise.

Johnk0728

Dec 28, 2016
Be honest? I literally just posted numbers. What's more honest than simple numbers? Cold hard facts? Nothing is up for debate or interpretation.

He has 51 goals in 269 NHL games. That's a pace of 15.5 goals per 82 games. Those are facts. No bias, no opinion, just facts.

Even if you take away his 21 goal season, which was unsustainable, his pace only changes to 12 goals per 82 games... still more ability than a person making 900k.

I posted facts too. He has scored over 30 points only once. And last year scored 11 points in 52 games. He did not deserve 3 years term at 2.35 and I can get someone at 900k to do what he does. If he was a free agent right now; he would not get 2.35 mil for 3 years and he would not have gotten that back then....that's facts, no bias just common sense. Do you think his play has lived up to the contract? I am asking for your opinion now.....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad