Pickup Hockey Stereotypes

VaughanBender72

The Pain Is Coming
Aug 4, 2014
Toronto
Great video man, (I'm assuming you made this) You really captured all of the hocey stereotypes, make more vids. I'm honestly surprised by how many views you got in like two days.

PlayoffBeard365

Apr 11, 2014
Cape Cod, MA
Good stuff!!! I like the super late guy. The other night I left my house for pick up 20 minutes after it already started!! Ha ha!!

I can't wait to see someone with equipment already on when entering the rink. Does that really happen!?!

Potential others: super stinky equipment guy, NHL caliber kit guy, unsolicited advice guy, lack of skills guy, too serious guy, flow worry guy, serious $ collection guy, excessive stretching guy, stay out on ice too long guy

Last edited:

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
:laugh: this is awesome.

I'm not a guy, so that makes me the beer girl. There's no way I'm playing a rec league game without drinking afterwards. Except it's usually not beer, it's something else. :laugh:

Martin Riggs

You wanna see crazy?
Jan 27, 2014
LAPD- Homicide
I love unsolicited advice guy. I also like tuxedo jersey guy, tattered sweatpants instead of hockey socks guy, and non-stop plugging the equipment store i work at guy.

beedee

Jan 13, 2014
That was awesome, I've definitely witnessed quite a few of those. I too have been the PGD guy a couple times.

El Nino 22

May 3, 2014
Minnesota
We have almost all of those guys at the pickup games I go to! :laugh: :handclap:
My dad is the pre-game dump guy and I give him endless **** about it.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I always thought i was a guy, but i wasn't in your vid.

I'm the...

"First in, last out" guy.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I think I've come across an example of each of those guys except the Mom packs the bag guy, at least that I know of :laugh:

I think I'm the borrower. I'm the guy who is always out of shin tape.

ajmidd12

Know-It-All
Apr 16, 2012
This Planet
Brilliant video! Well made! The team and I had a good laugh as we have pretty much one (or two) of each of these types of guys haha.

Analyzer*

I think I've come across an example of each of those guys except the Mom packs the bag guy, at least that I know of :laugh:

I think I'm the borrower. I'm the guy who is always out of shin tape.

I think I'm the same.

Except, I buy a massive pack of it because I need it to help strengthen my ankle, lend it out and never get it back.

It's like pens in high school.

Your first day you have 20 of them.

By day 3 you have none left. Sure you broke 3, threw 1 at someone because you don't like them, but you should still have 16 ****ing pens left.

Analyzer*

Would like to add it needs the guy who can't skate, stick handle, or shoot, but thinks he's good/the goalie who can't make a save, but always tells about how he played with "much better players" and played "great"

Penguins23

Le Magnifique
Dec 14, 2006
NB Canada
Can't a guy share a video that he didn't make? Lol. I didn't make it and don't know who did but it was at a rink that I play at in Dieppe, NB. I just shared it because I found it funny, not because I wanted to take credit for it. Wish I could.

ajmidd12

Know-It-All
Apr 16, 2012
This Planet
Would like to add it needs the guy who can't skate, stick handle, or shoot, but thinks he's good/the goalie who can't make a save, but always tells about how he played with "much better players" and played "great"
Ahh the over exaggerator. Played with many of those who's friend (my teammate) would often say "yeah he's really good we're bringing him out, etc, etc, etc" and the player ends up being way out of his league. I don't mind it as it helps with rest periods having more skaters, but playing with guys like that is often like playing 5 on 4.

Last edited:

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
Ahh the over exaggerator. Played with many of those who's friend (my teammate) would often say "yeah he's really good we're bringing him out, etc, etc, etc" and the player ends up being way out of his league. I don't mind it as it helps with rest periods having more skaters, but playing with guys like that is often like playing 5 on 4.

yes we have labelled that guys as "liabetes" guy

sanityplease

Jun 21, 2011
Potential others: super stinky equipment guy, NHL caliber kit guy, unsolicited advice guy, lack of skills guy, too serious guy, flow worry guy, serious $ collection guy, excessive stretching guy, stay out on ice too long guy

These def need to be added. Also, the tinted visor guy & the guy shouting @ his team mates from the bench (the self appointed coach guy).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad