Pick Your Poison (Part II!) -- Chicago or LA?

Trainmman

May 29, 2014
Jersey
First time poster... huge Rangers fan. So happy right now. To me, it doesn't matter.. both those teams are powerhouses. If I had to pick the poison, it's Chicago but it's close.

Congrats to all Rangers fans! Let's enjoy the win.

theJUMPER

Feb 25, 2012
Give me the crappier goalie in Crawford. The King & D can take care of Kane & Toews.

Plus i'm skeered about Gabby revenge.

Kokoschka

May 13, 2012
I'm voting "I don't care as those WEstern juggernauts will stomp us in 4 games and we won't score a single goal against this greatness".

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Chicago. I don't think that team is anywhere near as good as everyone else seems to. Plus, if they come back from 3-1 down, after all the hockey they've played, they could be worn out.

LA looks like world beaters right now. Wouldn't mind seeing a Chicago win tomorrow night in about 3OTs, and a Game 7 that goes for a while also.

Bullseyes

Aug 16, 2013
Who cares? The Rangers have absolutely no chance to beat either of them. Worst team in the Finals in a long time. :sarcasm:

But in all honesty, I don't care. The Rangers will be underdogs vs. either of them but I think they can make a series and possibly win vs. both too.

I guess Chicago because I hate LA, so losing to them would be infinitely more bearable.

Either way, I hope that series goes 7 games.

vladmyir111

Mar 27, 2007
It's round 4 who cares, just hope the west series goes to 7 games is all. People act like the number of games played dont actually mean anything. Kings will be gassed if it goes past 4 or 5 games if they make it. Not that it can't happen (as it did for the first time ever tonight), but there's a reason no team has ever gotten to the finals after 2x game 7s in the first 2 rounds.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
I seriously have to wonder if Chicago isn't nearing a wall. Those guys have played so many games.

I also have no desire to see Gaborik on the other side in the SCF.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Wow 48-5 CHI. I really did not expect to see that. Anyone care to give a detailed explanation why? CHI was a better team throughout most of the year.

JaeTM

Dec 3, 2009
Long Island
Was originally saying LA but by how obnoxious they already are on the main boards, I'll go with Chicago now lol. The Rangers do a great job at shutting down star players, so which ever team has the worse bottom 6 I'll root for.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Arsenic or Cyanide?

Let's hope they wear each other out as much as possible.

The Rangers need to dig deep. This will be the toughest series they will play since the Devils in 94.

I want the cup so bad!

Swept In Seven

Disciple of The Zook
Apr 27, 2010
Chicago

O6 matchup, similar teams, I think we could possibly shut them down. LA is way too deep, they are amazing and I don't fancy facing Quick in a 7 game series

Holocene

Mar 10, 2011
Toms River, NJ
Wow 48-5 CHI. I really did not expect to see that. Anyone care to give a detailed explanation why? CHI was a better team throughout most of the year.

Because we have to have an advantage somewhere and our goalie is better than theirs and probably our defense and depth too at this moment in time. LA is better or even with us in every category.

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
Because we have to have an advantage somewhere and our goalie is better than theirs and probably our defense and depth too at this moment in time. LA is better or even with us in every category.

True that. Not to mention, the Kings have played a ton of games dating back to last year. It's bound to take a toll on them.

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
The Rangers match up better with Chicago and have a decided advantage in goal. Los Angeles is playing well right now but remember that they have already had 2 three game losing streaks in the playoffs. Their offense has scored a lot of goals but they scored the fewest goals of any playoff team during the regular season. Streaky. And they will play their 20th playoff game tomorrow and maybe their 21st on Sunday. The Rangers are underdogs by any measure but they are not two touchdown underdogs.

poeman

To Win The One Ring
Mar 8, 2006
Really doesnt matter who it is...Both teams are great and its going to be a battle for us.

Its a toss up between the two.

If I was forced to choose, I guess Chicago

ImIdaho

Choo-Choo-Choose me!
Mar 21, 2012
I voted Chicago, but even with that said, I'm still ping-ponging between the two. Honestly, it doesn't matter. Those two teams out West will be dead tired. More so if Chicago pull off the win today (It's after midnight). Plus, our travel schedule was ****ing awesome these playoffs (Train, bus ride to Philly and Pittsburgh, first time needing to fly against Montreal).

Remember, Montreal was supposed to be the faster team, and look how this series turned out. Canadiens played less games than the Rangers (They swept the Bolts) and they were just out of it tonight; they looked like they were always a step behind. I lost count to how many times NBC showed Subban breathing heavily though his mouth.

I think we're the quickest team left and we get 5 days off. Chicago? LA?

Trainmman

May 29, 2014
Jersey

Rangers were 2-0 against them, plus I think they matchup sightly better.

At the end of the day it's a very tough decision. Can we not play either and be given the Stanley Cup by default? :sarcasm:

KingWantsCup

#FightLikeHell
Jul 3, 2009
New Jersey
Was originally saying LA but by how obnoxious they already are on the main boards, I'll go with Chicago now lol. The Rangers do a great job at shutting down star players, so which ever team has the worse bottom 6 I'll root for.

LA fans are easily the most obnoxious fans on the playoff board. You can tell winning is still new to them.

Crow

May 19, 2014

If I were a rangers fan I'd be voting for chicago for the above reason too. The hawks bottom 6 is not anywhere near what it was in the years they won the cup. I do think the hawks defense is being a bit underrated on this board though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad