Pick Your Poison (Part II!) -- Chicago or LA?

OverTheCap

Jan 3, 2009
Chicago, I think.

LA is the highest scoring team in the playoffs and they are sharp defensively. There's also the Gabby aspect, he's playing great now and will probably be licking his chops to play against us.

But both are very tough opponents. The Rangers will have to adjust their offensive strategy in the finals and can't rely so much on passing and odd man rushes. Most of the goals scored in the WCF have come close to the goalmouth - there's lots of crashing the net, tip-ins, deflections, screens, rebounds, etc. They will need to have more of a net presence on both ends of the ice.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
doesn't matter. according to other boards/main board, the rangers are gonna get swept by the vastly superior west.

Rangers in 5 either way imo.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I used to think LA, but the way they are playing scares the living tar out of me.

No matter what, we're far from the favorites. We sure won't be holding any 3-1 series lead. So what it comes down to is who do you think has a better chance of giving up big goals at big times.

I have no preference. They're both far better than any club we've faced.

NYRangers84

President's Trophy
Nov 21, 2009
New York
Really really hope we play the Hawks, I like our chances against them. Kings is such a tough test... but if we end up playing and beating them then I think we are going to be a force to be reckoned with for years to come.

Dalagaze

Rangers in 7
Apr 6, 2012
NY
Chicago by far. LA's size would give us trouble. Not to mention Quick > Crawford. Their defense doesn't scare me either. Yeah, they're great offensively, but so is Chicago so that's a wash.

Not to mention, the main board will be unbearable if the Kings advance.

bagh

Jun 3, 2007
Chicago hands down.

That L.A. offense just looks like a monster right now. They are deeper than Chicago as well.

beastly115

Oct 12, 2007
Either way, we're going to be considered the underdog.

Don't think we've been the favorite in any series this playoffs yet and it's worked out well for us. Hope they underestimate us.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Chicago, but I want to point out that LA has been scoring at an unsustainable rate.

Neither team will be easy but Chicago looks like they're running on fumes.

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
Kings and Ducks are the best teams in the world.
To be fair the Ducks werent taht impressive in the playoffs and The kings despite being a good team are playing a team which is good offensively BUt have terrible defense and goaltending. The kings will ahev a tough time against our defense and goaltending

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Do not care...we are in the Finals. No one but people on this board thinks we have a chance anyway. Why not us?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad