Pick Your Poison (Part II!) -- Chicago or LA?

Nickmo82

Mar 31, 2012
Japan
at first i thought chicago, but now i think LA.

Quick isn't exactly dominating this offseason and they have got where they are through offense in the main. The Rangers defense has thus far (with the exception of Malkin I'd say) made a habit out of handcuffing the opposing teams best offensive players.

bagh

Jun 3, 2007
at first i thought chicago, but now i think LA.

Quick isn't exactly dominating this offseason and they have got where they are through offense in the main. The Rangers defense has thus far (with the exception of Malkin I'd say) made a habit out of handcuffing the opposing teams best offensive players.

The problem is the Kings can roll 3 quality lines that can own any team.

You got to pick your poision. If you compare lines, we have 2 that can match up and the 3rd is where the difference lies. Everyone mentions Kopitar and Gaborik, but guess what. Jeff Carter has almost as many points as Kopitar and he is on their second line.

They got 4 decent guys spread over 3 lines. Who do you handcuff?

NewLife

Apr 29, 2011
Oslo
Been looking at the main boards a little bit now and the obvious have hit me, we are doomed. Them both will smash us to destruction.

3rd Guy High

Feb 17, 2010
The problem is the Kings can roll 3 quality lines that can own any team.

You got to pick your poision. If you compare lines, we have 2 that can match up and the 3rd is where the difference lies. Everyone mentions Kopitar and Gaborik, but guess what. Jeff Carter has almost as many points as Kopitar and he is on their second line.

They got 4 decent guys spread over 3 lines. Who do you handcuff?

I agree... Nevermind Mike ****ing Richards the rangers killer on the 4th line....

Quick is like Lundqvist, can catch fire anytime and be unbeatable. Feel much more comfortable going up against Crawford.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
we can beat both

I might be on an island here but I truly believe we can beat either of the two. Sure both of them pose different type challenges but the way we are playing during this amazing playoff run, I'm thinking we can beat both.

That said if I had to pick one, I have to go with Chicago. They don't seem like the same club they were last year nor do they have the same mojo. Crawford though good rarely goes into "god mode" that Quick goes into. So though I think Hawks are scary offensively and Quick hasn't exactly been lights out unlike his past two post seasons, give me the lesser goalie to deal with and that clearly is Crawford.

beastly115

Oct 12, 2007
I love us as the underdog.

People didn't think we'd beat Philly. We did.

People didn't think we had a chance against Pitts. We won.

People thought the Rangers would be fodder for whoever came out of the Habs/Bruins series. We curb stomped the Habs.

Keep underestimating us.

Bullseyes

Aug 16, 2013
I love us as the underdog.

People didn't think we'd beat Philly. We did.

People didn't think we had a chance against Pitts. We won.

People thought the Rangers would be fodder for whoever came out of the Habs/Bruins series. We curb stomped the Habs.

Keep underestimating us.

This one I especially didn't get.

The Rangers were easily a better team than Philly (Mason or no Mason). That was the one series I was 100% confident they'd take, even if they did wind up going 7 games in it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad