Phoenix XXVII: Can we all get along?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ernie

Aug 3, 2004
Heck, I'd take out a loan to buy the bonds if the interest on the bonds cover the repayment amount on the loan. :)

NHL, just let me know.

And what if the court decouples city revenues from repayment of the bonds? And the loan is defaulted on?

Parking rights could be sold to the highest bidder. Which you can bet would be less than $100m.

Coach

Dec 18, 2010
Here is the link to Sunday's Goldwater 99% sure they will sue statement.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoR2qFaa_uo&feature=player_embedded
Brahm Resnik With Darcy Olsen of Goldwater Regarding Coyotes Lawsuit

Interesting in the interview it came up that Glendale's threat to sue Goldwater was just a scare tactic. Glendale councillors never ever voted (no public vote) to approve a lawsuit which would be needed to launch a suit.

RAgIn

Oct 21, 2010
Sudbury, Ont
A local Fox reporter talked to Hulsizer and he said that the bond sale should be done within the next day or so. Hulsizer also suggested that he will counter-sue the GWI for tampering of the bond sale.

He, or the City? If so, Hulsizer is going down with the ship. I doubt the NHL will be in a court room battle. Unless of course they change their minds. I can't wait to see who bought the bonds and at what price. Friday should be fun. Or is that tomorrow? Next week? Fill in the blank.

One thing is certain though, Hulsizer will say just about anything to a reporter on air or off air. Fox, especially. Also, reporter says he hopes to close the bonds within the next two or three days. Key word hopefully. That word is firmly entrenched in Hulsizer's vocabulary.

Last edited:

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
A local Fox reporter talked to Hulsizer and he said that the bond sale should be done within the next day or so. Hulsizer also suggested that he will counter-sue the GWI for tampering of the bond sale.

(Just remember that in civil suits, the loser often has to pay the legal bills of both parties.)

It kinda makes sense that a "private" individual, not a municipality (COG) nor a corporation/partnership (AKA NHL), who's effected is taking this stand.

With two law firms to pull "expert" witnesses, it could be that the counter suit could seek a lot of damages that the GWI does not have the resources to fulfill. (IOW, losing such a suit could put them out of business. Especially if COG joins the suit and sues for $500m.)

I'm assuming that an injunction one way or the other could be had by the end of the calendar month. And based on that ruling we may have a pretty good idea of which way the court **might** go.

CasualFan

Tortious Beadicus
Nov 27, 2009
Bay Area, CA
GSC, goyotes, CF:

Any comment on the first point that the GWI statement refers to, that being the lendig of CoG credit to finance MH's purchase of the team being a violation itself?

This is a press release, not a law suit. Until Goldwater sets forth their argument by filing for injunctive relief there is no reason to consider this an actionable item. We are still where we've been for weeks, Glendale's move: Sell Bonds, CoG file suit, Fold.

thenextone

Mar 19, 2005
New York City
Hulsizer is getting a free $100M loan from the CoG, as well as $100M over 5 years to manage the arena?

Is the Coyotes franchise worth so little? Or is this the best deal the NHL could find? I find it hard to believe that a market as large as Phoenix couldn't find an owner who could buy the team and require less incentives

RAgIn

Oct 21, 2010
Sudbury, Ont
Hulsizer is getting a free $100M loan from the CoG, as well as $100M over 5 years to manage the arena?

Is the Coyotes franchise worth so little? Or is this the best deal the NHL could find? I find it hard to believe that a market as large as Phoenix couldn't find an owner who could buy the team and require less incentives

Ziltch. As in nodda. No one within the state of Arizona wants to touch this 'Super Deal'. Even with all the incentives. Sure, they might have a minority investor or two, but no one gives a damn. If so, they sure aren't coming out to the party. Maybe the COG should've put the team up for sale on eBay or Craigslist. A better deal could've been found. Heck, Bettman with his $7.2 million a year salary should buy the team. Apparently, it's a great investment. All kidding aside, the train keeps rolling. Next stop, ?

Last edited:

CasualFan

Tortious Beadicus
Nov 27, 2009
Bay Area, CA
I am simply suggesting that you should not assume anything about what lawyers on this board have or do not have.

GSC, my old friend, we are in absolute agreement. I shutter* to think what might happen if Goldwater were to actually file something substantive that could be analyzed.

*shudder.

RR

Mar 8, 2009
Cave Creek, AZ
Thanks RR. This really has been an incredible roller coaster ride. Just when you think one thing is going to happen... bam!

Bam? I think it's more like little trips and missteps. Eventually, someone will fall flat on their face and this will be over. :)

RR

Mar 8, 2009
Cave Creek, AZ
Thanks for posting that, Bryz is an absolute riot :laugh::laugh:

He is the best. They used to run one of those in-arena contests at a break every night called, "Russian or Rubbish," when Bryz would make a statement in Russian, then they'd give an English translation (always a hockey reference) to a contestant who would have to decide if Ilya's translation was Russian or Rubbish. If it was rubbish I'd check the translation when I got home and it was always something silly along the lines of, "Summers is too hot here in the desert," or, "My wife spends too much on expensive clothes," or, "My kids like cake, I like ice cream."

I think he writes his own material. :laugh:

themish

Mar 8, 2011
Winnipeg
He is the best. They used to run one of those in-arena contests at a break every night called, "Russian or Rubbish," when Bryz would make a statement in Russian, then they'd give an English translation (always a hockey reference) to a contestant who would have to decide if Ilya's translation was Russian or Rubbish. If it was rubbish I'd check the translation when I got home and it was always something silly along the lines of, "Summers is too hot here in the desert," or, "My wife spends too much on expensive clothes," or, "My kids like cake, I like ice cream."

I think he writes his own material. :laugh:

He's also one of the best goalies in the NHL!

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
Interesting in the interview it came up that Glendale's threat to sue Goldwater was just a scare tactic. Glendale councillors never ever voted (no public vote) to approve a lawsuit which would be needed to launch a suit.

Goldwater has been doing this as well. Goldwater's goal right now is to try this case in the court of public opinion. If you look at Goldwater's staff directory they have the talent to do just that. The City of Glendale has been failing miserably at winning the 'court of public opnion' battles during this whole process.

Goldwater has been making the rounds here in Phoenix to media outlets that are sympathetic to their cause and the City of Glendale has not.

GWI may have great legal, media, and political minds but they are rank amateurs when it comes to business dealings and growing communities.

Last edited:

RR

Mar 8, 2009
Cave Creek, AZ
Now that's good journalism:sarcasm:

As the bond sale gets nearer and nearer, the little dogs bark louder and louder.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=5604646&categoryid=2459791

:laugh:

Napolitano cheerleading for GWI is absolutely hysterical! This is the guy who believes Obama is Hitler or Mussolini reincarnate; who believes Obama wants to start a global war to expand his empire; that Obama is a want-to-be tyrant who supports a one-world government that he will head; and who wants to control the Internet like the Chinese rule over their people.

IIRC, he also thinks that Texas could very well secede from the US because of the actions of the government under Obama-rule.

Dude's a nut-job. I believe Olsen is principled in her position, but to go on this guy's show? Serious lack of judgment, IMO.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
1000 documents? Where do you get that notion? I assume you mean 1000 pages, as GWI has asserted.

You probably should also not make assumptions regarding which documents some of the lawyers on this Board have actually reviewed. Some of them know where to look and have reviewed dozens of documents and thousands of pages - in all likelihood the exact same documents that GWI has been reviewing.

You mean that the GWI sued for access to documents when they could have just joined HFB and PM'ed one of the "resident" lawyers? How droll...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad