Post-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 3 - Sunrise 6 BRUINS 2 - Florida leads series 2-1

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
If Marchand can lace his skates i see him playing. Guys a warrior
Morning Bru at 3:30 razor who worked game said rabbit punch to face and concussion but also said maybe day off can play

I’m assuming he had symptoms plus they were not in game

I don’t know if matters they look spent

CrownofThornton

Jul 8, 2012
We have to keep perspective here. Most of us predicted throughout the season, this most likely outcome.

It had been repeated here time and time again that the Bruins would likely, or were capable of getting out of the first round, and likely not much more than that.

With the roster we’re icing, I’m ok with that result.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
The way the Bruins are getting manhandled and outscored shows you how much talent the Leafs had this year. They fired the coach for not winning a playoff series. Bruins are a motley crew this year. Not built for a long run. Attrition is taking a toll.
Bruins needed to win in 5

Doesn’t mean they win but they got time to heal and rest and prepare

Not sure if you’ve ever been tired and had to work - terrible

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
I really don’t understand why so many fans are so mad game after game.

The lineup was cobbled together last offseason after “going for it” and being left with next to no cap space. And yet they still were competing for the President’s trophy until the last week of the season and once again stabbed the Leafs through the heart.

Now is the time as a fan to just sit back and relax. So many players are playing in a spot in the lineup above their abilities. That in turn is adding pressure to the back end. “Stars” like McAvoy and Pastrnak are trying to carry extremely heavy loads and guys like Morgan Geekie are matching up against players so much higher in skill level.

What’s happening now should not be surprising to anyone. It should be logical. And yet, even then, they’re only down two games to one. Who the f*** knows? Maybe a miracle occurs. For God’s sake, try to enjoy it.
Well said!

Reactions: Barnum

the negotiator

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Interesting reading through the thread ......like many I think tomorrow may be the last game we see at the Garden this year

Objectively the Bs have exceeded what we were expecting in October. Instead of sneaking into a wild card they were at the top of or near the top of their division the entire season and won a round - against the despised Leafs no less

So why are we all so unhappy with the results in what was clearly a transition year?

For me it's the lack of pride/ heart/passion from too many players. I have seen numerous other Bs teams lose in the playoffs but it was always with pride and effort. This team has not come close to that standard and that is why I am so disheartened. Yes the refs have been bad and yes the Panthers play a scummy game but my major source of frustration is the constant lack of pushback.....when Pasta accepts a fight to light a fire and the next game the team comes out with 3 shots in the first period and 8 through two periods you know this is not a team built for playoff hockey and more importantly not a composition I want to see back next year.

Play out the series and then we can all think about the changes - and they are many- that need to be made.

JCRO

Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
I hope the league takes a look at that sucker punch. There’s no room in the game for that bull *hit.

Also, I hope last night is the last time Forbort is leveraged over Wotherspoon. The kids earned his spot for next season IMO and he’s better. Let him get the experience.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
I’m kind of goofing here

I agree with you

I was checking out Rangers and panthers and they both have 5 skilled very good F

I can’t put DeBrusk in that top 5 he wouldn’t bump really any of the 5 on each team

Rangers

Panarin
Kreider
Trochek
Lafreniere
Zibanejad

Florida

Barkov
Tkachuk
Reinhart
Verhague
Bennett

I like him a lot but he would really be the 6th guy on these teams

Paying him as a top 5 F when he’s not right now and runs hot and cold point wise is the issue

Bruins are good and deep but they don’t have the C who can go top 5

most or likely all of the teams left top 5 are better than Boston top 5 by a wide margin making it easy to take Pastrnak out like he’s a WR and putting 2 guys on him

Bruins

Pastrnak
????
Marchand
?????
Coyle/Zacha

This is the problem
4 of the 5 Fla players were picked #2, #2, #4 and #6. They should be better than DeBrusk. DeBrusk isn't a problem.

JCRO

Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Bruins sucked for 47 minutes but they had 3-4 incredible chances to make 4-3 with 7:30 left

Would have been wild to see what happened
I honestly thought they were turning a corner before the double minor high stick. A lot of sustained pressure (shocking I know). Definitely a penalty but man was it a kick in the nuts when they just got going.

Mad-Marcus

Apr 26, 2002
Seacoast, NH
They didn’t have 15 more points than the Bs because they don’t care about the regular season.

They are perfectly happy throwing in a cheap backup for 25-30 games while spending the extra money on an everyday player who will impact the playoffs more.
Narrow minded take for this year. Ullmark won the Vezina last year. We all knew Sway was the future(not so future top 5 goalie in the NHL), but weren't sure he could handle 50+ games.(in fact we still don't know)
They wanted to trade Ullmark, but he did not want to go West and if you don't have a dance partner......
No cap room means no ability to improve at camp or the trade deadline. Any treasonable fan knows this was a bridge year out of Cap Hell.
I'm angry about the compete level and coaching. If you can't run and gun a team, you have to adapt and Monty shows no ability to have the team play more than one style.

That being said, you have the 100% right idea for next year when it's Sway/Bussi and 25M to spend on a #1 center and some more competent -57M/yr players.(why do we never sign guys like Trocheck?,)

Reactions: Gordoff

gerrycheeversmask

Feb 18, 2021
Behind Enemy Lines
We have to keep perspective here. Most of us predicted throughout the season, this most likely outcome.

It had been repeated here time and time again that the Bruins would likely, or were capable of getting out of the first round, and likely not much more than that.

With the roster we’re icing, I’m ok with that result.
I'm more than fine with the Bruins not getting out of he 2nd round, but for the love of all things hockey, go down with your very best effort! The way the Bruins played after Florida made it 4-0 is how I want to see them play. Play desperate hockey! Play like you care!

Forester65

Jan 31, 2019
I think it's time to turn to our other number 1 goalie for one thing. Sway has been incredible so far, but changes are needed and a rested Linus could be a good one.

Monty needs to drill the need for simplicity into the heads of our forwards. Win battles and if you don't have the puck skate to an open area so you are available for a pass. That's one thing this team sucks at. So many times one of our guys will get a puck but has no one to pass it to so they have to try to advance the play by themselves. It doesn't work.

Make the front of their net a battle zone and shoot shoot shoot! No more five-pass Picasso plays !

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Because not everyone subscribed to your made up / built in excuse that this year is a throwaway year because they went for it last year.

Some people look at last year as a choke and this year as us barely getting past a very injured toronto team.

Dude the lineup is riddled with holes. How much denial are you in? They’ve gone way past where they should have on paper.

There were still posters saying the Bruins were “the more talented team” against Toronto. Lol. What are you people smoking?

It’s not a built in excuse. It’s reality free to to observe by anyone.

I didn’t say it was a throwaway year “because they went for it last year”. They had no cap space to work with. It’s a far weaker lineup this season. Tell me where I’m wrong on that. I’ll wait.

Your mindset is entitled. You want them to win. You hate them for letting you down last season. How dare they? So who cares about the lineup this season? They’re assholes if they don’t win the cup. Just so much self-inflicted misery.

Last edited:

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
I'm more than fine with the Bruins not getting out of he 2nd round, but for the love of all things hockey, go down with your very best effort! The way the Bruins played after Florida made it 4-0 is how I want to see them play. Play desperate hockey! Play like you care!
This! Yes the roster has room for improvement, but the current EFFORT is pathetic! Folks here have excuses, blaming roster, what games are you watching?? The sense of urgency doesn’t exist with this team.

Yes their roster isn’t the most talented, & yes they absolutely should be playing better with this roster.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I hope the league takes a look at that sucker punch. There’s no room in the game for that bull *hit.

Also, I hope last night is the last time Forbort is leveraged over Wotherspoon. The kids earned his spot for next season IMO and he’s better. Let him get the experience.
Heavily scrutinized

Reactions: Gordoff and BTO

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Bruins needed to win in 5

Doesn’t mean they win but they got time to heal and rest and prepare

Not sure if you’ve ever been tired and had to work - terrible
7 games series takes it's toll on players. Star players hammered several times . They get banged up and have to play within a day to start the next series. The Bruins need to win by committee. If depth doesn't put up numbers it's a grind.

Boston Bandit

Aug 2, 2005
Bruins' Maroon: Tkachuk fought dirty vs. Pastrnak

Maroon felt that Tkachuk broke a fighting code by delivering a few punches to Pastrnak after the Bruins winger had fallen to the ice.

"Obviously I don't like how he hit him on the ground twice. I think that's dirty," the veteran winger said. "It's the game within the game, but I don't like the aftermath of it."

Maroon said that he'd be careful about exacting retribution against Tkachuk and that it likely would not be through another fight.

"I mean, Tkachuk's not going to fight me. If I go out there and take a dumb penalty and they got a power play, my job's not accomplished. So can't look at it like that. I just got to take numbers," he said. "I mean listen, let's be realistic: I'm probably never playing against Tkachuk anyway."

• Wow
Reactions: Gordoff

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Dude the lineup is riddled with holes. How much denial are you in? They’ve gone way past where they should have on paper.

There were still posters saying the Bruins were “the more talented team” against Toronto. Lol. What are you people smoking?

It’s not a built in excuse. It’s reality free to to observe by anyone.

I didn’t say it was a throwaway year “because they went for it last year”. They had no cap space to work with. It’s a far weaker lineup this season. Tell me where I’m wrong on that. I’ll wait.

Your mindset is entitled. You want them to win. You hate them for letting you down last season. How dare they? So who cares about the lineup this season? They’re assholes if they don’t win the cup. Just so much self-inflicted misery.

Excuse me? They’ve made it was further than expected on paper according to you? This is a joke and a coping mechanism for fans to say this.

On paper every major sports book had them at 6th-8th best odds to win the cup in the preseason.

The overwhelming majority of people viewed this team at LEAST getting to this point. To say “they’ve gone way past where they should have on paper” is a joke and just so far from the truth.

Would like like me to list the numerous links to all these sports books preseason odds?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad