Phoenix XXVII: Can we all get along?

Status
Not open for further replies.

roccerfeller

jets bromantic
Sep 27, 2009
British Columbia
will they sue before hulsizer gets the money? if they sue after he receives the money wont it be too late..im assuming hulsizer is gonna give the money to the nhl almost immediately....if goldwater wins a long court battle what exactly happens? hulsizer has to give the money back? but hes already given it to the nhl! i dont get this....glendale has to get the bond money first...once they get it and give it to hulsizer and he gives it to the league how can a judge return the money from nhl to bondholders...there are 4 degrees of seperation....my god this is confusing

That's the thing. GWI is saying they will only file a lawsuit once the bonds sell.

They have confirmed now they will do this. Clearly, they are serious, otherwise they would not have made the statements they did today. But I think all parties would like to avoid a suit if they can. So if GWI can simply threaten to scare away potential investors, then they will do that.

billy blaze

May 31, 2009
Darcy Olsen on Brahm Resnik's show on Sunday- mostly talking points, Resnik questions GWI's ability to go to court (expenses), info on Goldwater's finances- not deep pocketed, have only 2000 supporters, Olsen not aware of any money being pledged from Canada, COG, NHL ask GWI to negotiate a different deal, says COG saying empty arena means closure- COG needs someone with private money to pony up- Resnik asks if offers of money to Goldwater have come from COG and/or NHL- Olsen says no- 99% chance of suing (100% now), won't negotiate because the constitution is non- negotiable- quote " when has against the law been negotiable".

http://www.azcentral.com/video/826256195001

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
Um, dirt? :laugh: Hopefully it will be on Court TV. I just can't see them getting a good rate. Not after the GWI said they will sue. If their previois letters scared off investors, then this new statement should do the same.

Bettman can get the TV ratings that he' always hoped for.:naughty:

Critical Mass

Feb 6, 2011
I don't understand the feasibility of the business plan given that the various parking studies used 6% or so as the projected interest rate on the bonds.

If, as expected, the market demands somewhere closer to 9% and there is no new parking study revising revenue estimates how can this be a break-even deal at best?

With interest rates 50% higher than initially projected it seems to me the project is now absolutely budgeting excise taxes as part of the repayment plan unless there is some other revenue stream I haven't heard about.

Besides being bad business, does this not necessarily contradict the constitution? There is no demonstrable value commensurate with the expense with bond interest at 9%.

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
question:

if GWI bases their case on the fact that glendale isnt getting fair value back for their investment, does their case not get better and better as they drive up the interest rates?

Coach

Dec 18, 2010
That was reported by the local Fox Sports anchor who said he spoke with Hulsizer after the GWI release.

Strange how Daly didn't know about this considering their regular communication.

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
^^^^I believe pro sports should be supported by fans not taxpayers so I thought this was a very good interview. If Hulsizer just bought the team with his own money he could have made some trades before the deadline.

Coach

Dec 18, 2010
Can somebody more knowledgeable than me explain the repercussions of a lawsuit on those who have purchased the bonds. Is their money at risk?

If Goldwater sues and wins do investors get their investment back? Do they get the interest as well? Or do they lose their money?

If their money isn't at risk why does the rate go up with litigation possible?

I am trying to understand what an investor needs to be convinced of to buy these bonds. Does he have to believe that the deal is legal? Would he be gambling with his money? If not why be afraid?

Sorry for my ignorance. I makes money and I spends money. That's it.

I'm no expert but my understanding a lawsuit could tie the bonds up in litigation. Meaning they could get tied up for years without earning interest. Lots of risk in buying these bonds.

Coach

Dec 18, 2010
PHX PBP-man Dave Strader just said that his inside sources tell him that there are buyers for the bonds, just a matter of what rate they have to pay.

Yes sure once you start offering 50 or 60% interest they can find some buyers.

TGOTC

Yer a wizard Oliver
Oct 3, 2009
On the couch
A local Fox reporter talked to Hulsizer and he said that the bond sale should be done within the next day or so. Hulsizer also suggested that he will counter-sue the GWI for tampering of the bond sale.

leoleo3535

Feb 25, 2010
hockey rinks
A local Fox reporter talked to Hulsizer and he said that the bond sale should be done within the next day or so. Hulsizer also suggested that he will counter-sue the GWI for tampering of the bond sale.

Oh and that is likely......will Bettman pay his legal bills or is Glendale offering a bond for this as well?

objectiveposter

Jan 29, 2011
wow...looks like we might finally get some answers in the next few days...hulsizer seems confident..afterall what difference does it make for him what the interest rate is? its not his money...next few days should be fun

Metzen

Sep 9, 2005
Heck, I'd take out a loan to buy the bonds if the interest on the bonds cover the repayment amount on the loan. :)

NHL, just let me know.

Brodie

HACK THE BONE! HACK THE BONE!
Mar 19, 2009
Chicago
Hulsizer has said the bond sale was imminent for close to a month, so yeah. Grain of salt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad