Phoenix XX: Two Weeks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I agree. Theirs just no way this thing can be extended beyond the end of this month unless you wanna go all conspiracy theory about another years worth of loss guarantee's.....:shakehead

Pretty expensive way to test the waters Whileee. As a result of the COG's rushing the Oxen to market they've had their existing bonds & their credit rating downgraded. Pretty stupid way to go about it dont you think?..

But what else could they do, really? The NHL is almost certainly breathing down their necks, and they had to do something, hoping that the GWI had been scared off by their previous clumsy PR offensive (http://www.azcentral.com/community/glendale/articles/2011/01/20/20110120glendale-statement.html). Perhaps now that they see that the GWI is raring to go, they have decided to "pause" and reconsider their actions. I think it is also possible that Hulsizer has made it clear that he wants no part of a protracted legal battle over whether he has received an illegal sweetheart deal to purchase the team. That is hardly a positive way to begin tenure as the shiny new owner of the Coyotes and trying to build community support.

cheswick

Non-registered User
Mar 17, 2010
South Kildonan
FWIW member LT has posted on the Jetsowner site that he had an email exchange with Carrie Anne from Goldwater where she stated:

"Unfortunately, we are dealing with a moving target here – for example, the City told me today that the deal is actually still being negotiated and isn’t final yet. If that’s true, any lawsuit would likely be premature. We’re working hard to try to stay on top of things as best we can with the very limited and changing information from the City"

MAROONSRoad

f/k/a Ghost
Feb 24, 2007
Maroons Rd.
But what else could they do, really? The NHL is almost certainly breathing down their necks, and they had to do something, hoping that the GWI had been scared off by their previous clumsy PR offensive (http://www.azcentral.com/community/glendale/articles/2011/01/20/20110120glendale-statement.html). Perhaps now that they see that the GWI is raring to go, they have decided to "pause" and reconsider their actions. I think it is also possible that Hulsizer has made it clear that he wants no part of a protracted legal battle over whether he has received an illegal sweetheart deal to purchase the team. That is hardly a positive way to begin tenure as the shiny new owner of the Coyotes and trying to build community support.

I suspect it is not just MH that wants no part of a protracted legal battle. The NHL BOGs -- who need to approve the deal and MH as an owner under the current proposed financing -- may wish to avoid such scenario.

GHOST

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
FWIW member LT has posted on the Jetsowner site that he had an email exchange with Carrie Anne from Goldwater where she stated:

"Unfortunately, we are dealing with a moving target here – for example, the City told me today that the deal is actually still being negotiated and isn’t final yet. If that’s true, any lawsuit would likely be premature. We’re working hard to try to stay on top of things as best we can with the very limited and changing information from the City"

Maybe that's been a ploy of the CoG all along. Get the GWI to sue prematurely, and then have the whole thing thrown out, never to come back again.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
So what would happen if the city sells the bonds and a year or two down the road MH goes bankrupt. Maybe his other business fails...

Alberta Yote

Owns the Yotes
Dec 31, 2004
In your kitchen

I wonder if she's talking about the bonds as the "deal" or the entire lease agreement.

OthmarAmmann

Omnishambles
Jul 7, 2010
NYC
I suspect it is not just MH that wants no part of a protracted legal battle. The NHL BOGs -- who need to approve the deal and MH as an owner under the current proposed financing -- may wish to avoid such scenario.

GHOST

A downgrade to junk could result in a loss to investors of tens of millions of dollars. I doubt the NHL want to be part of the suit when the investors sue everybody involved in that scenario.

Just a thought.

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
Since everyone else has given a favorite song title as a potential future thread name, I nominate... The Regulator

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ziH7PfCmOY

Dream with the feathers of angels stuffed beneath your head.
The regulator's swinging pendulum.

Come with me and walk the longest mile.

Is his wallet leather? Is his wallet fat?
For not a year later it's got you lying on your back.
You should have closed your windows and got another dog.
You should have chained up all the doors and switched up all the locks.

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
But what else could they do, really? The NHL is almost certainly breathing down their necks, and they had to do something.

Act like professionals' instead of Nervous Nancy's. Pre-maturely telegraphing an issuance for Tuesday February the 15th for a new series that were likely to be very difficult to move in the first place, triggering downgrades in the outstanding bonds & the cities credit rating. Postponements & delays exacerbates matters & will erode investor confidence even further, if thats even possible, in light of the now public inf. regards Hocking. :shakehead

I suspect it is not just MH that wants no part of a protracted legal battle. The NHL BOGs -- who need to approve the deal and MH as an owner under the current proposed financing -- may wish to avoid such scenario.GHOST

I agree. Further, I think it very likely that Hocking, Beasley, Tindall & Lynch are absolutely sweating bullets over disclosure & the roles they've played in both suppressing & manufacturing inf. & data. None are serving their Masters well, which leads one to wonder?; who are they serving, really?. Hulsizer?. Check. The NHL?. Check. Ellman?. Check. Themselves?. A jury of 10 may yet find out, or I guess they could just Plead Out in front of a Judge alone.

I really am not impressed here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad