Phoenix XCVI: The Government You Deserve ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

pfp

Sep 4, 2007
Oh sure no gavel when they cheer for something he says.

12ozPapa

Make space for The Papa
Feb 13, 2012
Anyone defending the actions of Glendale's city council need to put their hockey passion aside.

No one is upset by it because they hate hockey in Phoenix, they are upset/annoyed at how a City council can be so stupid and do such an excellent job proving it.

Puckschmuck*

This may not be over yet. No out clause may scare the potential new owners away. Why would you want to commit to a proven shaky-at-best market long-term? They may vote this thing down yet.

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008
Anyone defending the actions of Glendale's city council need to put their hockey passion aside.

No one is upset by it because they hate hockey in Phoenix, they are upset/annoyed at how a City council can be so stupid and do such an excellent job proving it.

I wish that were true. But if there's one thing I've learned firsthand as a fan of an expansion team, it's that nothing could be further from the truth.

guyincognito

Mar 21, 2007
Haha. No it's not. The reason 98% of the posters in this thread wanted the deal to fail is because they want the hockey team in a colder climate. It's still about sports and has nothing to do with corporate welfare or the financial well being of Glendale.

Bingo. Glendale is ****ed either way. It's not about Glendale, it's just people who can't be honest, for whatever reason. I'm sure a whole bunch of Canadian posters have taken an incredible interest in the taxpayers of Glendale, Arizona. :laugh:

I'm also sure they didn't care a whole lot when JB ****ed the situation up even worse than it was before.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
Good for the Coyotes hockey fans. Bad for the people of Glendale when they realize that their emergency services are being cut down hard, their education will become lackluster and their homes worthless.

bluefan

Nov 18, 2011
Need to write a letter before bed time explaining to the Glendale city council why I need $15million to uhhh...start and run an ice cream truck empire.

AndyCapp

Aug 22, 2011
Out Clause for Glendale - No.
Out Clause for RSE - Yes.

Congratulations, Glendale.

An army of flying monkey door-to-door salesmen and fringe religionists are winging their way to:

THE MOST GULLIBLE LOCALITY IN AMERICA!!!

Enjoy the 6 am Sunday door bell rings.

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
At the end of the day, how important are fire trucks? Just hope for some rain when there is a fire. Mother nature will be the city of Glendale's fire brigade. It does rain in Phoenix, right?

I think it's beyond stupid that any city subsidizes a pro sports team.

It disgusts me that the city of Detroit is helping out Mike Ilitch with the construction of the new arena for the Wings, and soon the City of Glenadle will soon join Detroit in bankruptcy.

guyincognito

Mar 21, 2007

That's a total lie. Especially the ones with the Canadian flags. :laugh:

Quo

Mar 22, 2012
Hamsterdam
There is an out clause for the owners, not for glendale

if the team leaves in 5 years, Glendale gets nothing I think

They added a make whole clause I believe in the amendment stage. The terms of which do escape me. Glendale would be get some monies back.

Glacial

Jan 8, 2013
Ken Jones should've been on the city council. He cares more about Glendale than any damn one of them.

The Joker*

This may not be over yet. No out clause may scare the potential new owners away. Why would you want to commit to a proven shaky-at-best market long-term? They may vote this thing down yet.
The owners have an out-clause, the city just doesn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00