checkerdome

Oct 31, 2006
Phoenix LXXXIX: "If you don't approve it, we must move it!"

images

Yeah!

GuelphStormer

Mar 20, 2012
Guelph, ON
Oi so seattle potentially get hockey falls on the crazies in glendale. Well we (seattle) knew this could happen.
you know, we can all be critical of the situation in glendale, but just for ***** and giggles, i'd love to see the supposed business plan for seattle's transitionary period before any new arena actually gets built. the only difference between seattle and glendale is that seattle has much higher potential, years from now long after this new arena is done, to sell enough tickets at high enough prices to make the franchise possibly viable. but right now, at this time, in consideration of moving this team to seattle, I simply cannot imagine things would be that much less crazy than this mess in phoenix. someone there would have to cover tens of millions in expected and guaranteed losses for several years just as they must do now in glendale. i doubt the tire-kickers' pockets are deep enough to wrecklessly throw away that much money right now unnecessarily and its assured there will be creative demands on municipal entities.

CasualFan

Tortious Beadicus
Nov 27, 2009
Bay Area, CA
Why do you think that?

I'm not attempting to count votes or assign Ayes and Nays to individual council members. I'm simply looking at the probability of a governing body to award a contract regardless of whether that contract is in the best interest of the municipality the governing body represents.

And when you compile the results from essentially anywhere, ever, the contract is almost always approved.

cutchemist42

Apr 7, 2011
Winnipeg
you know, we can all be critical of the situation in glendale, but just for ***** and giggles, i'd love to see the supposed business plan for seattle's transitionary period before any new arena actually gets built. the only difference between seattle and glendale is that seattle has much higher potential, years from now long after this new arena is done, to sell enough tickets at high enough prices to make the franchise possibly viable. but right now, at this time, in consideration of moving this team to seattle, I simply cannot imagine things would be that much less crazy than this mess in phoenix. someone there would have to cover tens of millions in expected and guaranteed losses for several years just as they must do now in glendale. i doubt the tire-kickers' pockets are deep enough to wrecklessly throw away that much money right now unnecessarily and its assured there will be creative demands on municipal entities.

And even then, they are going to be tenants in the arena, which has not worked out well for some American teams in the past.

Donwood

Mar 13, 2011
Winnipeg
BrahmResnik ‏@brahmresnik 4m
UPDATE #Glendale spox says council has scheduled meeting on @Coyotes arena deal for 7 pm Tuesday.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012

Seattle has been transparent about their plans but problems is we are dealing with politics that are much more against public subsidies than glendale and scramento. They are specifically clear no empty arena.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad