Phoenix LXXXVIII: The Final Cupcake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donwood

Mar 13, 2011
Winnipeg
I do not think any schedules have been done since they still haven't finalized anything associated with the Olympics. If they allow players to participate then how long is the season shut down?

Schedules are always drawn up early and often have different versions, I have zero doubt there are a number drawn up.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
so its dead deal by no financing of sale?

Looks that way.... But. It still come down to the vote on July 2 by the CoG.

The budgeted $6.5MM the CoG is willing to pay for the AMF is dead. The CoG must agree on July 2nd to increase the AMF to $15MM / yr and hope they get what they can back from revenue sources to ease the burden of paying $15MM / yr. If the CoG does this, then RSE can go and get their financing that they will turn around and buy the team with.

One question on July 2nd.... Can the CoG afford $15MM less questionable revenues?

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
Looks that way.... But. It still come down to the vote on July 2 by the CoG.

The budgeted $6.5MM the CoG is willing to pay for the AMF is dead. The CoG must agree on July 2nd to increase the AMF to $15MM / yr and hope they get what they can back from revenue sources to ease the burden of paying $15MM / yr. If the CoG does this, then RSE can go and get their financing that they will turn around and buy the team with.

One question on July 2nd.... Can the CoG afford $15MM less questionable revenues?

so does the current whats going to be voted on mention 15/y?

checkerdome

Oct 31, 2006
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/spor...l-draft-weekend-celebrations/article12883834/

"The risk is quite simple. The Coyotes have never sold enough tickets at high enough prices to put them above the bottom two or three of the NHL’s 30 teams in revenue. But most of the revenue IceArizona wants to share with the city is based on ticket surcharges and the introduction of paid parking, which will add at least $11.50 to the cost of attending a Coyotes game for most fans. No wonder the prospective Coyotes owners don’t want to guarantee much of that revenue."

David_99

Jan 16, 2005
Moncton, NB
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/spor...l-draft-weekend-celebrations/article12883834/

"The risk is quite simple. The Coyotes have never sold enough tickets at high enough prices to put them above the bottom two or three of the NHL’s 30 teams in revenue. But most of the revenue IceArizona wants to share with the city is based on ticket surcharges and the introduction of paid parking, which will add at least $11.50 to the cost of attending a Coyotes game for most fans. No wonder the prospective Coyotes owners don’t want to guarantee much of that revenue."

I'm sure the fans will be happy to pay the extra $$. They'll just skip shopping/dining at Westgate...

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
so does the current whats going to be voted on mention 15/y?

This is the lease agreement they are voting on:

http://www.glendaleaz.com/documents/coyotes--leaseagreementdraft_17319116_6062713.pdf

http://www.glendaleaz.com/documents/CityofGlendaleArenaManagementAgreementUpdate062713.pdf

The term of the agreement calls for the NHL Coyotes to remain as the anchor tenant at the city-owned Jobing.com Arena for the next 15 years

 Glendale pays $15 million annually to the Renaissance Group to manage and operate the arena

 Renaissance’s proposed yearly revenue projections to the city of Glendale:
o Rent - $500,000
o Hockey ticket surcharge - $1.5 million
o Non-hockey ticket surcharge- $1.7 million
o Parking revenue - $2.2 million
o Arena naming rights- $670,000
o Naming rights for new, smaller stage/theatre - $150,000

 These projections are in addition to the city’s collection of sales tax for admissions, concessions, etc…

 Guarantee to the city: $1.2 million if projected revenues fall short based on a $1.50 surcharge on each ticket

 City receives limited rent-free use of arena for city sponsored events and community events

 A five-year out clause allows the Renaissance Group the ability to negotiate new terms or terminate the agreement.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
This is the lease agreement they are voting on:

http://www.glendaleaz.com/documents/CityofGlendaleArenaManagementAgreementUpdate062713.pdf

The term of the agreement calls for the NHL Coyotes to remain as the anchor tenant at the city-owned Jobing.com Arena for the next 15 years

 Glendale pays $15 million annually to the Renaissance Group to manage and operate the arena

 Renaissance’s proposed yearly revenue projections to the city of Glendale:
o Rent - $500,000
o Hockey ticket surcharge - $1.5 million
o Non-hockey ticket surcharge- $1.7 million
o Parking revenue - $2.2 million
o Arena naming rights- $670,000
o Naming rights for new, smaller stage/theatre - $150,000

 These projections are in addition to the city’s collection of sales tax for admissions, concessions, etc…

 Guarantee to the city: $1.2 million if projected revenues fall short based on a $1.50 surcharge on each ticket

 City receives limited rent-free use of arena for city sponsored events and community events

 A five-year out clause allows the Renaissance Group the ability to negotiate new terms or terminate the agreement.

Thank you. And people want to approve 15/y? Yea they are crazy.

Donwood

Mar 13, 2011
Winnipeg
The city manager is advising this is a bad/risky deal. And unlike the past managers that seemed to "fudge" the facts,(that's the polite way of putting it) Bowers is a responsible manager. Despite that stupidity has always prevailed in Glendale thanks to scare tactics. So I assume stupidity will repeat itself Tuesday.

As I said once before Glendale the Forest Gump of cities,
Stupid is as council does.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
The city manager is advising this is a bad/risky deal. And unlike the past managers that seemed to "fudge" the facts,(that's the polite way of putting it) Bowers is a responsible manager. Despite that stupidity has always prevailed in Glendale thanks to scare tactics. So I assume stupidity will repeat itself Tuesday.

All thanks to a couple idiots forcing a vote on a bad deal.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Probably not for at least five years. If RSE can actually close on this thing, there is a very, VERY good chance they'll run it right into the ground and the NHL will need another landing spot as soon as they can exercise the out-clause.

I think that this is the play. It almost feels like RSE is calibrating the AMF and the revenues back to the COG to end up with about $51 million in "operating losses" over 5 years, allowing them to trigger the out clause and either relocate the team to a lucrative market, or sell the team for a profit. I suppose this is the sort of deal one might expect when much of the purchase is financed by an organization like Fortress.

If the deal was more equitable, the COG should be able to trigger an "out clause" of their own in the RSE's revenue projections are not met, or else be allowed to reduce their AMF contribution accordingly.

goyotes

May 4, 2007
Arizona
Thank you. And people want to approve 15/y? Yea they are crazy.

Perhaps. The folks who will support this deal will not argue it is a great deal for the City. I think, for them, it comes down to the danger you know may be less than the danger you can't predict. There is concern, justified or not, that if the Coyotes leave the arena. Westgate and the City will suffer greater handship. As with many financial projections, an argument can be made for and against that concern.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
Perhaps. The folks who will support this deal will not argue it is a great deal for the City. I think, for them, it comes down to the danger you know may be less than the danger you can't predict. There is concern, justified or not, that if the Coyotes leave the arena. Westgate and the City will suffer greater handship. As with many financial projections, an argument can be made for and against that concern.

Oi so seattle potentially get hockey falls on the crazies in glendale. Well we (seattle) knew this could happen.

goyotes

May 4, 2007
Arizona

I know Bowers. He is a solid as they come. While I would like to see the Coyotes stay, his concern is reason for me to have concern on Glendale's behalf.....

Major4Boarding

Unfamiliar Moderator
Jan 30, 2009
South of Heaven

Once upon time, in a galaxy far, far away (in the "Zero Cuts" era), Skeete also advised against the Jamison deal. Just sayin'...

IceAce

Strait Trippin'
Jun 9, 2010
Philadelphia
Uncle Gary is likely greasing some of the Council members behind the scenes (as opposed to RSE lubing them in front of the scenes.) Probably with the money that's going to come from the Seattle and Quebec expansion fees.

*HF Boards Goes Nuclear!!!!*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad