Phoenix LXXXVII: Hotel Arizona

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nordskull

WAITING FOR NORDS
Sep 29, 2011
Saguenay, Qc
So the new "revenue streams" are a 20$ surcharge (tax in fact...) on any ticket sold?

Do I get it right?

Who thinks this will work?

Sorry, I was out of internet since last thursday, I'm a bit late.

goyotes

May 4, 2007
Arizona
So the new "revenue streams" are a 20$ surcharge (tax in fact...) on any ticket sold?

Do I get it right?

Who thinks this will work?

Sorry, I was out of internet since last thursday, I'm a bit late.

Yeah, that is not what is being talked about... I would lable that news piece from field of schemes misinformation.

Skip To My Lou

Abused Fan
May 4, 2010
Garden City, NY
Holy **** at the amount of threads on Glendale's situation. What a bunch of buffoons in control of that city, and I have no clue why Bettman loves the Yotes so much. Just ready for Seattle/Quebec

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
I am asking cause being out for 5 days.

So whats the plan? Do we or you know what's the plan?

The gap could be bridged by many things including, tickets surcharges, naming rights, parking and cupcake and bead sales outside jobing.com;)

goyotes

May 4, 2007
Arizona
So thats the plan? Do we or you know what's the plan?

No. The deal points will be released tomorrow afternoon. I can say that the revenue streams will not be related solely to hockey events. It will be all events. It will include an increase sur-charge, plus charges for parking at all arena events, plus additional sponsorships, plus (high hopes on RSE's parts that I am not buying) more corporate spending.

The addtional ticket surcharge on all events is supposed to net about $1.5M in "additional revenue", so it is a part of the "bridge", but not the sole source.

I'm not suggesting RSE will actually generate $8 - $10M more in arena revenue than the NHL or prior ownership has generated, but the "revenue streams" are many, and supposed to be new money not directly tied to just hockey operations.

We should know more specifics about how they plan to construct this bridge tomorrow.

Hope that helps.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
Paul Giblin‏@PaulGiblinAriz4m
The new target date for releasing the deal points for the emerging #Coyotes agreement is Wednesday, according to a #Glendale spokeswoman.

Craig Morgan‏@cmorganfoxaz3m
Glendale City Council has another executive session on Tuesday. If they can’t complete it by then, may have to wait until Wednesday.

Sounds like July 2nd might be out the window for a vote.

Kodi

Jun 24, 2013
Craig Morgan‏@cmorganfoxaz12m
I was wrong Sunday when I said deal must be made public 48 hours prior to vote. It's actually just 24 hours, but COG wants it to be longer.

Basically they can post it the day before the vote to try and sneak it in which might have always been the plan

mmajeski06

Mar 24, 2010
Cary, NC
And if true, I am guessing that $20 does not include the $5-10 ticketmaster fees you will have to pay as well (if you buy tickets online, which I think pretty much everyone does these days).

So a $30 ticket may come with close to another $30 fees. Man, Coyotes have gone from "Buy One Get One" to "Buy Two Get One". That'll be a hit!

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
So, speculation wise, what are the...."speculative" odds among some as to how long this "deal" lasts before RSE goes the "we can't afford to do this anymore" route and then goes to flip the team? I mean really this is sounding more and more like they're telling Yotes fans "Oh, yes we're aiming to keep the team in Glendale, but we might have to ditch after x amount of years" What variable is the x? 2 years? 3?

I believe 5, as the ways its structured Fortresses $120M + RSE's $48M would bring the sale price in at $168M. Then the NHL's lending RSE $85M interest free to cover carrying costs, expenses & losses, term on that 5yrs, while also guaranteeing them that they'll receive maximum RS & some serious coin from the Development Fund which at the moment not coincidentally holds exactly... $80M. That fund was created at the behest of Fehr & the NHLPA to assist ALL teams in the developments of their markets, amateur hockey & so on, the PA initially hoping to see over $170M dropped into it. Y'know, like build hockey at the grass roots, used in emergencies sure enough. A Committee overseeing its disbursement however, effectively Gary Bettmans own private Kitty, and it looks like he's decided who needs what & when from this years allotment.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
Craig Morgan‏@cmorganfoxaz12m
I was wrong Sunday when I said deal must be made public 48 hours prior to vote. It's actually just 24 hours, but COG wants it to be longer.

Basically they can post it the day before the vote to try and sneak it in which might have always been the plan

They can't do that though. They have to have a public hearing scheduled to allow public to speak.

goyotes

May 4, 2007
Arizona
The new target date for releasing the deal points for the emerging #Coyotes agreement is Wednesday, according to a #Glendale spokeswoman.

Glendale City Council has another executive session on Tuesday. If they can’t complete it by then, may have to wait until Wednesday.

I will go to vote on July 2nd if they have the votes. The City legally needs only 72 hours of public vetting before a vote. Morgan thinks it will be put on the agenda late Tuesday after executive session. The one week was for appearance sake, not legal requirements. 24 hours less is no big deal, and will not be cause to push the vote. If it isn't on the agenda by the 2nd, its because there aren't four votes in favor of whatever tweaked deal the CoG and RSE worked out.

goyotes

May 4, 2007
Arizona
Correct me if am wrong but if they wanted to respect the 7 business days that was imposed by the court did they have to release the deal today to vote on July 2.

That GWI case was dismissed a couple of weeks ago. The CoG is under no legal obligation to allow 7 days. They wanted to do it for optics sake. The legal standard is 72 hours.

metalfoot

Karlsson!
Dec 21, 2007
Manitoba, Canada
Assuming goyotes is correct, which is most often the case, 72 h is the legal requirement for public input? Yes. He restated this as I was asking. Looks dumb now. Oh well.

Last edited:

goyotes

May 4, 2007
Arizona
So does the deal need to be made public 7 days before a vote, or 24 hours?

If passed by emergency clause, 24 hours. This will not pass with 5 votes IMO. Arizona statute that governs municipalities requres 72 hours. Morgan is confused on timing. However, 7 days was never required.

Acesolid

The Illusive Bettman
Sep 21, 2010
Québec

Why has every ''decision'' date been moved back every few days in the last few months? At this point it really looks like Glendale is stalling for time untill Relocation is impossible and they can hold the NHL and the Coyotes by the #*@+ for next season

Anyways, if this is true this really pushes any possible resolution beyond the July 2 ''deadline'' said to have been given by the NHL.

SURELY by now the NHL must give up, right? Or else it'll be too late, even for moving to Quebec! (Nevermind Seattle!)

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
Why has every ''decision'' date been moved back every few days in the last few months? At this point it really looks like Glendale is stalling for time untill Relocation is impossible and they can hold the NHL and the Coyotes by the #*@+ for next season

Anyways, if this is true this really pushes any possible resolution beyond the July 2 ''deadline'' said to have been given by the NHL.

SURELY by now the NHL must give up, right? Or else it'll be too late, even for moving to Quebec! (Nevermind Seattle!)

Glendale has zero leverage to be calling league's bluff.

Kodi

Jun 24, 2013
But I thought they only needed 3 days notice for a public hearing?

<-- all confused by CoG "rules" and "spirit of rules"

MaskedSonja

Feb 3, 2007
Formerly Tinalera
I believe 5, as the ways its structured Fortresses $120M + RSE's $48M would bring the sale price in at $168M. Then the NHL's lending RSE $85M interest free to cover carrying costs, expenses & losses, term on that 5yrs, while also guaranteeing them that they'll receive maximum RS & some serious coin from the Development Fund which at the moment not coincidentally holds exactly... $80M. That fund was created at the behest of Fehr & the NHLPA to assist ALL teams in the developments of their markets, amateur hockey & so on, the PA initially hoping to see over $170M dropped into it. Y'know, like build hockey at the grass roots, used in emergencies sure enough. A Committee overseeing its disbursement however, effectively Gary Bettmans own private Kitty, and it looks like he's decided who needs what & when from this years allotment.

So, "development of hockey markets" money translates into "money to keep the Yotes in Phoenix until such time as the team is flipped over to someone else who will want to move the team to Seattle/QC/Markham/Strathroy-gotcha.

Again, this strikes me (internal speculation) that it almost seems like the NHL just wants to "get the Yotes sold to SOMEBODY", then when it fizzles out, well now the franchise is someone else's problem, and they just have to worry about approving a buyer/relocation, and NOT have to worry about it being in "their" hands anymore.

Basically it becomes a different story when the franchise fails under someone ELSE's ownership, not the NHL's.

I admit, just when I thought my prediction of "one more year" was looking thin, it seems simply due to time constraints, Yotes will be there come Sept.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad