Phoenix LXXXVII: Hotel Arizona

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Probably already known on here but the Fortress loan ... 9% interest rate :laugh:

http://www.arizonasports.com/43/1644230/Breaking-down-the-Phoenix-Coyotes-ownership-situation

9%!! If true, it raises two questions... 1) How can someone get in on the Fortress action on this? 2) How easy would it be to tie this whole transaction up, put a bow on it, and serve it with cupcakes to the GWI for a gift clause challenge?

Basically, the COG is being asked to provide funds to assist a private business to obtain a loan (with 9% interest) to purchase an NHL franchise, in return for access to non-guaranteed revenue streams. It seems like the COG will be helping three private entities in one deal (RSE, Fortress and the NHL).

Whileee

May 29, 2010
$170MM and yes at 9% even with $15MM a years from Gongdale RSE can barely service it.

No wonder some are seeing this as a deal designed for the short-term in Glendale, followed by a flipping of the franchise to another location once the ground is prepared.

Donwood

Mar 13, 2011
Winnipeg
Paul Giblin ‏@PaulGiblinAriz 54s
#Glendale will not release the deal points of the emerging #Coyotes agreement today. City Council will meet in private again Tuesday.

MaskedSonja

Feb 3, 2007
Formerly Tinalera
No wonder some are seeing this as a deal designed for the short-term in Glendale, followed by a flipping of the franchise to another location once the ground is prepared.

So, speculation wise, what are the...."speculative" odds among some as to how long this "deal" lasts before RSE goes the "we can't afford to do this anymore" route and then goes to flip the team? I mean really this is sounding more and more like they're telling Yotes fans "Oh, yes we're aiming to keep the team in Glendale, but we might have to ditch after x amount of years"

What variable is the x? 2 years? 3?

Feb 7, 2012
Seattle
can that 11 million interest payment, how long can that sustain itself before this whole thing collapses, even if the COG agrees?

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
9%!! If true...

So 11 million JUST to pay interest, let alone anything on the principal.

Correct. I though you guys were aware of all of this no? We discussed the interest rate when it hit via that Forbes article a few weeks ago.... so ya, 9% Non-Reconstituted Juice on a Hundred & Twenty Million Simoleons' Baby. Yer $15M Arena Management Fee? Covers the interest, barely touch's the principal. How does the deal ever fly past the BOG's? Cant believe they'd approve it.

madhi19

Just the tip!
Jun 2, 2012
Cold and Dark place!
twitter.com
So, speculation wise, what are the...."speculative" odds among some as to how long this "deal" lasts before RSE goes the "we can't afford to do this anymore" route and then goes to flip the team? I mean really this is sounding more and more like they're telling Yotes fans "Oh, yes we're aiming to keep the team in Glendale, but we might have to ditch after x amount of years"

What variable is the x? 2 years? 3?
The no interest loan with the NHL is for 5 years. So Glendale will sink another $75MM in this mess on top of the $50MM and the arena bonds! I got to give it to Gary he really know how to suck a town dry.

Donwood

Mar 13, 2011
Winnipeg
I guess Glendale will table the offer Tuesday,

I can just visualize Sherwood calling Bettmans bluff followed the next day with a press conference in Quebec. Bettman" We're pleased to be back in Quebec City,"

Then the lights dim and Bettmans voice suddenly sounds like something out of the exorcist "And to Mr. Sherwood...Nobody ***** with Bettman understand!

The lights go back to normal and so does Bettman's voice. " we look forward to many years of no drama in QC.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
I guess Glendale will table the offer Tuesday,

I can just visualize Sherwood calling Bettmans bluff followed the next day with a press conference in Quebec. Bettman" We're pleased to be back in Quebec City,"

Then the lights dim and Bettmans voice suddenly sounds like something out of the exorcist "And to Mr. Sherwood...Nobody ***** with Bettman understand!

The lights go back to normal and so does Bettman's voice. " we look forward to many years of no drama in QC.

i kinda doubt bettman would do that.

Mightygoose

Nov 5, 2012
Ajax, ON
Paul Giblin ‏@PaulGiblinAriz 54s
#Glendale will not release the deal points of the emerging #Coyotes agreement today. City Council will meet in private again Tuesday.

More stall tactics. Nothing there saying they will release the deal points tomorrow either.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
Well it was meant as humour, kind of thought the Exorcist voice would have given that way. :help:

Sorry missed the exorcist part of it. Although i could vision bettman as an auctioneer trying to put Seattle vs Quebec for higher sale price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad