Phoenix LXXXVII: Hotel Arizona

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
Sherwood's publicly stated opinion is that the NHL doesn't have any options and so Glendale is in the driver's seat. So why is everybody fretting?

You're right Whileee: I can't imagine that Weirs is fretting at all. I'd venture to say he's rather enjoying this; watching how it all plays out and all. I could even picture a stuffed and mounted Gary Bettman and Bill Daly hanging alongsie the antlers on his office wall. Time is on his side, and I think he knows that.

On the other hand, I can picture Bettman and Daly furiously dotting i's and crossing t's in advance of one big question that will surely pop up at tomorrow's BOG meeting: what is going on in Phoenix?

If the BOG hears that there is another viable option at hand and this whole spectacle was avoidable, that would be very bad.

If it hears that the Gong Show we've been seeing was unavoidable, that's even worse.

Beats me as to what will happen: i.e. will they pull the plug or not. Either way, it won't be pretty.

A lot of questions to answer.

IceAce

Strait Trippin'
Jun 9, 2010
Philadelphia
It's last call. Closing time. The NHL has it's sights set on a girl. The same girl. She's given mixed messages for the past four years but lately, less so. She stopped returning their calls but the NHL is still interested. Some would say obsessed. They keep trying different pick up lines but they're having no effect. It's gotten creepy. They aren't the only ones to notice her though. She also currently has a couple other offers to consider. Meanwhile there's a couple gals still on the dance floor. Not much to look at but technically they have what the NHL is looking for, not that they want to admit it, but going home alone is not an option. Do they wait around and end up with nothing or face the facts that they aren't as attractive as they thought they were and take what they can get!?!

The mental image of getting hit on by Bettman at a bar is not going to help me sleep well tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad