Phoenix LXXXV: A Bridge to Nowhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmajeski06

Mar 24, 2010
Cary, NC
Y'know, Im almost wishing they do close the chasm of a gap, Glendale approves it, guarantee's their guarantee, then watch Gary Bettman have fun trying to explain this one to the Board of Governors on June 27th. I thinks he's totally free-lancing, way out on a ledge. Because tell ya what, if the BOG's wanna crawl into bed with Fortress Investments & RSE, willing to lend these guys $80M+, accept less than 33% down, then I just dont what to say. If I was sitting at that table, Id absolutely demand Bettmans resignation right then & there. I mean, are you out of your mind? This doesnt fix anything, your just digging yourself in deeper & deeper & deeper & dragging the franchise, the people of Phoenix & the fans, the league itself through the ditch for another 3-4-5yrs, and what happens as will surely be the case when Glendale's short on the Arena Mgmnt Fee, these guys dont have any experience or track record let alone the werewithal to respond to a cash call & Fortress goes all litigious? :rant:

Then again, GB went to bat for them during the lockout and got them what they wanted. He can view it as, I went to bat for you, now you are going to do this for me.
Not sure if thats how it all works, but always a possibility.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Yeah, Bettman has this job as long as he wants it. That said let's hope that he announces a deadline for the city of Glendale by the end of the week for June 30th. If things aren't resolved in Glendale by then then move the team. Enough is enough with this and its time for a resolution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad