Phoenix LXXXV: A Bridge to Nowhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slashers98

Oct 3, 2008
Quebec City
If they can't close the gap, I think that the COG will still leave the options open. I expect that they will continue to delay on a definitive decision, forcing the NHL to close the door on the Coyotes in Glendale if they have an imminent internal deadline.

I totally agree with you here.

Donwood

Mar 13, 2011
Winnipeg
If they can't close the gap, I think that the COG will still leave the options open. I expect that they will continue to delay on a definitive decision, forcing the NHL to close the door on the Coyotes in Glendale if they have an imminent internal deadline.

I agree on that but the NHL won't let this go into July, I'd be surprised if the NHL didn't tell the council, if you do not schedule a vote tomorrow, we will/may pull the team.

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
...whether the COG and RSE can "close the gap" to the satisfaction of the city administration and city council.

Ya. A 4yr out of date time stamped fax: "guarantee those revenue streams Mr. Bowers. No problem. You can count on us". :shakehead

Mightygoose

Nov 5, 2012
Ajax, ON
Well if they are closer and the 'tweaks' worked, I'm sure we'll hear about from Sherwood via Morgan throughout the next 24 hours.

mmajeski06

Mar 24, 2010
Cary, NC
I think they schedule a vote tomorrow...which means 7 days right? So that would put D-Day as June 28th.

Unfortunately that means we have wait another week for something resembling a decision.

Donwood

Mar 13, 2011
Winnipeg
Maybe not..

Shannon's reporting the NHL could go as late as July 17th announcing next year's schedule.

You have to be kidding? I don't believe that, This entire situation is like a nightmare you can't wake up from.

Remember when the NHL said in court May 31 is the deadline to move a team and the same with the Jet sale. Cripes have some balls NHL.:shakehead

Donwood

Mar 13, 2011
Winnipeg
AH, you know how the great Shannon came up with this?
Bettman was quoted about releasing the schedule the day after the MLB all star game in the past. Well the All Star game is a week later then I can ever remember it being so that little gem is faulty thinking by a BAD reporter.

cheswick

Non-registered User
Mar 17, 2010
South Kildonan
I think they schedule a vote tomorrow...which means 7 days right? So that would put D-Day as June 28th.

Unfortunately that means we have wait another week for something resembling a decision.

Well if a vote on a lease deal for RSE is on the agenda its pretty safe to assume it'll pass.

cheswick

Non-registered User
Mar 17, 2010
South Kildonan
AH, you know how the great Shannon came up with this?
Bettman was quoted about releasing the schedule the day after the MLB all star game in the past. Well the All Star game is a week later then I can ever remember it being so that little gem is faulty thinking by a BAD reporter.

Schedule release dates for the past several years:
June 23, 2011
June 22, 2010
July 15, 2009
July 17, 2008
July 11, 2007
July 12, 2006
July 27, 2005
July 14, 2004

Bettman did say they used to do it the day after MLB all-star game so they could get coverage in the papers cause there were no other sports going on, but its not really that important anymore with peoples reliance on the internet. It most certainly will be in July this year though.

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
It'll be interesting to see "we're getting closer" is good enough for the NHL

Y'know, Im almost wishing they do close the chasm of a gap, Glendale approves it, guarantee's their guarantee, then watch Gary Bettman have fun trying to explain this one to the Board of Governors on June 27th. I thinks he's totally free-lancing, way out on a ledge. Because tell ya what, if the BOG's wanna crawl into bed with Fortress Investments & RSE, willing to lend these guys $80M+, accept less than 33% down, then I just dont what to say. If I was sitting at that table, Id absolutely demand Bettmans resignation right then & there. I mean, are you out of your mind? This doesnt fix anything, your just digging yourself in deeper & deeper & deeper & dragging the franchise, the people of Phoenix & the fans, the league itself through the ditch for another 3-4-5yrs, and what happens as will surely be the case when Glendale's short on the Arena Mgmnt Fee, these guys dont have any experience or track record let alone the werewithal to respond to a cash call & Fortress goes all litigious? :rant:

Mungman

It's you not me.
Mar 27, 2011
Outside the Asylum
After the BoG meeting! No way Gary goes in there with nothing and survive.

Why do you say that? The BoG LOVE GB, they gave him a raise last time they had a chance. He lines their pockets, and they line his. There may be some... probing questions raised, but he will survive this easily.

EDIT:

Count me in for the banana stand idea for the next thread

Last edited:

Slashers98

Oct 3, 2008
Quebec City
Y'know, Im almost wishing they do close the chasm of a gap, Glendale approves it, guarantee's their guarantee, then watch Gary Bettman have fun trying to explain this one to the Board of Governors on June 27th. I thinks he's totally free-lancing, way out on a ledge. Because tell ya what, if the BOG's wanna crawl into bed with Fortress Investments & RSE, willing to lend these guys $80M+, accept less than 33% down, then I just dont what to say. If I was sitting at that table, Id absolutely demand Bettmans resignation right then & there. I mean, are you out of your mind? This doesnt fix anything, your just digging yourself in deeper & deeper & deeper & dragging the franchise, the people of Phoenix & the fans, the league itself through the ditch for another 3-4-5yrs, and what happens as will surely be the case when Glendale's short on the Arena Mgmnt Fee, these guys dont have any experience or track record let alone the werewithal to respond to a cash call & Fortress goes all litigious? :rant:

Amen Killion!

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Why do you say that? The BoG LOVE GB, they gave him a raise last time they had a chance. He lines their pockets, and they line his. There may be some... probing questions raised, but he will survive this easily.

Yup... Bettman's going nowhere until Bettman decides on his own to try something else.

madhi19

Just the tip!
Jun 2, 2012
Cold and Dark place!
twitter.com

EDIT:

Count me in for the banana stand idea for the next thread
They always love you and you're always their guy until the very day they decide to fire your butt. I don't think Bettman will get fired but I think he not dumb enough to go into that meeting to present that crappy deal either. He gonna have to put out feelers first for sure.

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
Yup... Bettman's going nowhere until Bettman decides on his own to try something else.

Oh ya, that he'll survive this debacle no doubt about that. Jobs his for life if he wants it Im sure. But this dealeo? It just strikes me as a total play, set-up, RSE not even aware that their being used. That in itself a thought that does give me much pleasure. :naughty:

mesamonster

Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ.

K, I like your thought process! might be kind of fun to witness a second act to this play twice as violent as the first! To your point, approval of a deal like this, strung together with chicken wire and thread would be a "gong show" worth witnessing! anyone associated with the nightmare will need to be introduced to the witness protection plan if they are a part of allowing this to happen to Glendale, the taxpayers and the fans!

LouisOlivier

May 1, 2013
Ville de Québec

Yeah good resume, I wasn't thining anymore that RSE have 0 expenrience in arena management

CrazyMonkey1208

Apr 9, 2012
You have to be kidding? I don't believe that, This entire situation is like a nightmare you can't wake up from.

Remember when the NHL said in court May 31 is the deadline to move a team and the same with the Jet sale. Cripes have some balls NHL.:shakehead

Phoenix LXVVVVI: It's Like a Nightmare You Can't Wake Up From

madhi19

Just the tip!
Jun 2, 2012
Cold and Dark place!
twitter.com
K, I like your thought process! might be kind of fun to witness a second act to this play twice as violent as the first! To your point, approval of a deal like this, strung together with chicken wire and thread would be a "gong show" worth witnessing! anyone associated with the nightmare will need to be introduced to the witness protection plan if they are a part of allowing this to happen to Glendale, the taxpayers and the fans!
If this mess goes beyond this summer in Glendale there a Red Wedding in store for RSE and the CoG at some point. These patsy are so getting played it not even funny.

Phoenix LXXXVI:Show must go on!

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
Huh? I'm saying that they won't forward the deal to a public vote if they don't already know its gonna pass. It'll either be up for public vote and pass or won't be up at all.

And we are assuming that the majority of the other council members agree to the guarantees of revenues and the 5 year opt clause.

Yes this is not the same as what is going on in glendale but when seattle was negotiating sodo arena MOU they had 3 council members involved in working it out with Hansen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad