Phoenix LXXXIII: "Stuff's Gonna Happen"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan34222

Mar 19, 2010
Hamilton
QC would sell, as a relocation franchise, somewhere in the neighborhood of 170M to 230M. As an expansion franchise, with the league having much more leverage, yes I could see QC overpaying to about that to get their franchise. I don't know where people get the idea where expansion franchises in Canada are worth 500M a pop. There are only three teams that have that kind of value in the nhl currently. Considering that the Winnipeg Jets sold for 170M, increased their value to 200M after y1, and have probably have increased their value again this year, I think the sale price will be $170M + 60M for relocation or 230M. Also remember that you also have to factor in Phoenix's/Seattle's expected losses into the equation as well. So really, there isn't much of a monetary reason to not go to Quebec right now. People don't overpay by multiples guys...

I agree. no way some one would pay 500M for a team, even the TO area.. add on arena, fees to Leafs probably Sabres (you can bet they'll have their hand out)

David_99

Jan 16, 2005
Moncton, NB
I could see them getting $300M for QC, tho.

If that's what they're asking for the Coyotes, I'd LOVE for PKP to turn it down, just to see the headlines.
"New owner willing to put up $1 Million of own money for Coyotes franchise to keep in Glendale if City accepts 1 year $169M *Subsidanagefee.

2014 Websters Dictionary:
*Subsidanagefee - When a City (or town) pours gasoline all over ones self, while introducing an inflammatory substance (ex. a spark or ego).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad