Phoenix LXXVII: Tired of Waiting For You

Status
Not open for further replies.

RAgIn

Oct 21, 2010
Sudbury, Ont
Ya, your bolded part there RAgin, seriously problematical. As others have commented, how does the NHL go about explaining that one away? In BK Court claiming any movement past May 31st would be impossible to execute yet here we have some un-named source claiming June 31st would be a Deadline for not only finalizing a sale but so to effectively the date when RFA's & UFA's kick-in, not to mention the Contracts of both Maloney & Tippet having expired. Just doesnt make sense. If Le Blanc & Gosbee are somehow hoping Glendales going to double down on the $6M AMF, with the RFP Deadline of May 31st rapidly approaching, they shouldve been well into negotiations with the City by now. Times run out, unless the NHL just doesnt care that it goes into June/July, and that doesnt make any sense either unless their content to stick it out for another season, receiving nothing at all from Glendale. None of this is adding up. Doesnt make sense.

I think it's safe to say Killion, that nothing that has ever come out of this has made any logical sense. It wouldn't surprise me if the NHL owned the team for another year (on their own dime), or even make it dormant for a whole year with the hope of resurrecting the franchise the year after, thus resulting in no loses. But hey, who knows really... Keeps them threads moving along. Thx NHL.

Last edited:

RAgIn

Oct 21, 2010
Sudbury, Ont
Does this surprise you, Mr. Veteran of the Infinite Threads, that none of this is adding up? It hasn't added up pretty much ever since the NHL nuked the Balsillie Manoeuvre. Granted, they want to protect the portability of franchises and their right over markets... but wow. Samuel Beckett could never have dreamed of such a real-life tale of futility and utter inaction as the sale of the Coyotes.

When the dust eventually settles... perhaps we could be so lucky and get a VH1 True Hollywood Story of this epic adventure. I'd watch it. :naughty:

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
I think that you missed the point about Pastor's bid being completely unacceptable to the NHL, with Daly going so far as to clarify that Pastor made the unacceptable proposal after being told by the NHL what parameters were needed. The NHL didn't seem to mind IEH, Hulsizer and Jamison squawking about their plans.

If there was a bona fide owner with a great offer for the Coyotes who had a plan for an acceptable lease with Glendale the NHL would be delighted for the world to know. But, yah, they're probably trying to keep as many moonshot artists and carpetbaggers out of the limelight as possible.

NHL has set a condition for this last go around that offers are to be kept out of the public (both Paul Giblin and Craig Morgan have said as much). Pastor is the only "bidder" who hasn't done that.

"Unacceptable" could have been Pastor being public about his bid. Or the fact they aren't talking to him. The actual reason(s) why the NHL rejected his offer are only known to the NHL, and everything that's been discussed has been complete speculation.

Tell me..... how much have we heard from Hulsizer lately???.... or Jamison?? Nothing. And IEH doesn't exist anymore.

madhi19

Just the tip!
Jun 2, 2012
Cold and Dark place!
twitter.com
Phoenix LXXVIII:The Whispermen!

Do you hear the Whispermen? The Whispermen are near. If you hear the Whispermen then turn away your ear. Do not hear the Whispermen whatever else you do, for once you’ve heard the Whispermen they’ll stop…and look at you.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
NHL has set a condition for this last go around that offers are to be kept out of the public (both Paul Giblin and Craig Morgan have said as much). Pastor is the only "bidder" who hasn't done that.

"Unacceptable" could have been Pastor being public about his bid. Or the fact they aren't talking to him. The actual reason(s) why the NHL rejected his offer are only known to the NHL, and everything that's been discussed has been complete speculation.

Tell me..... how much have we heard from Hulsizer lately???.... or Jamison?? Nothing. And IEH doesn't exist anymore.

You posted your opinion that Gosbee and Pastor weren't the only live ownership bidders. Your premise was: a) a statement by Daly indicating that there multiple groups and, b) the NHL was trying to keep bidders quiet. You cited the NHL's rejection of Pastor's bid as evidence of the "cone of silence".

My points were:

1) Daly made the statement about "multiple groups" some time ago, and that was when both Gosbee and Pastor were actively pursuing this.

2) The NHL might be trying to keep this quiet, yet we found out quite quickly about both groups (Pastor and Gosbee). One's bid was rejected, the other wasn't. I believe that if they had a solid bid we would have heard at least something about it, even if the details were kept quiet (as Gosbee).

3) There is no evidence that there remains any other bid beyond Gosbee's.

Glacial

Jan 8, 2013
The Quebec reporter Mario Roy was quoted a few weeks ago has saying something along the lines of "The end in Glendale, will happen quickly without warning" I can't remember the exact quote but I know that's close.
Quickly? Without warning? This is a 4-year saga, everything's been in slow motion except the events which smack everybody upside the head and keep the storyline unpredictable. And for some, this being the Coyote's end has been foreseen for months, with ever more recent events reinforcing that perception.

Ugmo

Oct 24, 2011
Quickly? Without warning? This is a 4-year saga, everything's been in slow motion except the events which smack everybody upside the head and keep the storyline unpredictable. And for some, this being the Coyote's end has been foreseen for months, with ever more recent events reinforcing that perception.

Did you choose your screen name according to the pace at which this is playing out?

enarwpg

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
This is insane. Sherwoods confirming that Le Blanc's had the gall, the temerity to be asking Glendale for $15M in AMF's. I mean, what can you even say about that? Who the Hell does this guy think he is? PT Barnum, Steve Wynn, the Rolling Stones & Jesus Christ all in a neat little package with a bow on it? I mean, the arrogance, the stupidity, its just, breathtaking. Theres just no way a $9M "gap" can be bridged. Not a chance. Yet... oy. And Sherwood. As others have commented. Has the guy been living in a Cave? :shakehead

Well I guess he does !

antony_the_Blank.png

enarwpg

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
I'm actually quite surprised that the constituents haven't lit their torches and grabbed their pitchforks and rope congregating as an angry mob outside of the Council chambers for even THINKING about giving anything to a private investor when public safety buildings are closing doors....

...outside of most any city hall, provincial / state / federal office in just about in any country on the planet.....

Actually with all the hatred and fighting and economic disasters facing a huge number of cities / provinces / states / countries and climate change and religious fanaticism, and starvation, blah, blah, blah, ...entertainment consisting of the NBA, NFL, CFL, NHL, golf, NASCAR, FIFA, Formula 1, rasslin', hillbilly hand fishin', etc. all serve as " great distractions " to keep citizens of the world partially sane ! :laugh:

enarwpg

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
Ya, your bolded part there RAgin, seriously problematical. As others have commented, how does the NHL go about explaining that one away? In BK Court claiming any movement past May 31st would be impossible to execute yet here we have some un-named source claiming June 31st would be a Deadline for not only finalizing a sale but so to effectively the date when RFA's & UFA's kick-in, not to mention the Contracts of both Maloney & Tippet having expired. Just doesnt make sense. If Le Blanc & Gosbee are somehow hoping Glendales going to double down on the $6M AMF, with the RFP Deadline of May 31st rapidly approaching, they shouldve been well into negotiations with the City by now. Times run out, unless the NHL just doesnt care that it goes into June/July, and that doesnt make any sense either unless their content to stick it out for another season, receiving nothing at all from Glendale. None of this is adding up. Doesnt make sense.

Maybe the NHL will let this farce run 7 years or does the statute of limitation not apply to such trivial matters?

...or

Would it be 5 years as per >

In Classical Athens a five-year statute of limitations was established for all cases other than homicide and for prosecutions against unconstitutional laws, which had no limitation.

source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Statute_of_limitations#Purpose

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
I came to a sudden realization while I was reading the last couple pages.... I don't care anymore.

If the Yotes stay in Arizona or move to Quebec City or Seattle or Hamilton or the GTA or Portland or Houston or Kansas City or Las Vegas or Milwaukee or Sacramento or the Hampton Roads or Saskatoon or wherever, I honestly won't care at this point.

My limit for caring has passed, and I will certainly feel bad for Yotes fans if the team moves or for fans from [insert market here] if they don't get the team they've been waiting for, but at this point I'm just hoping that the finish lane comes sooner or later.

Maybe in two weeks....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad