Phoenix LXXVII: Tired of Waiting For You

Status
Not open for further replies.

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
Does this surprise you, Mr. Veteran of the Infinite Threads, that none of this is adding up?.

... :) I suppose not really. Almost numb to being surprised by just about anything at this stage in the game. Certainly appears somethings gotta break between the 2nd & 3rd Rounds here. Anything later, right up the Creek.

OthmarAmmann

Omnishambles
Jul 7, 2010
NYC
One theory I heard floated was the NHL and Glendale negotiating a settlement, The NHL forgives, returns the extra 5 million that was to go into escrow. In return Glendale agrees that they will not pursue any legal action against the NHL. Also with that being agreed to prior to May 31, Glendale can then decide on a arena manager without 2 scenarios being present.

The NHL needs a decision by May 31 or very close to it, Obvious things can nor play out during that time for the NHL to approve a sale but have Glendale's refusal to pay ransom in a Arena management deal.

Legal action for what exactly? We've been over this before...

Tommy Hawk

May 27, 2006
Legal action for what exactly? We've been over this before...

Exactly. Glendale waived all that when they sided with the NHL in bankruptcy and were even asked if they were sure they wanted to fo that, to which they replied yeppers.

Donwood

Mar 13, 2011
Winnipeg
Exactly. Glendale waived all that when they sided with the NHL in bankruptcy and were even asked if they were sure they wanted to fo that, to which they replied yeppers.

Well then nothing is stopping the NHL from saying the time has run out, we have to "move" on.

Tommy Hawk

May 27, 2006
Well then nothing is stopping the NHL from saying the time has run out, we have to "move" on.

Exactly, They are going to take the money and run, go on take the money and run because Billy Jack know exactly the facts is and won't let those two escape justice cause he makes his living off of the people's taxes.....

Mightygoose

Nov 5, 2012
Ajax, ON
Nothing is happening at all, I'm puzzled more than ever! No news, no rumors, no action whatsoever and there is only 12 days remaining to the month of May! :shakehead

Agreed. Not even leaks and denials if QC is standing on deck, unless PKP are playing the quiet game even better than TSNE If that is even possible.

Looks like the league and CoG are playing a staring contest, which is a big risk to the league IMO. Wait too long for CoG to blink, they'll have no where to move in time.

Donwood

Mar 13, 2011
Winnipeg
Agreed. Not even leaks and denials if QC is standing on deck, unless PKP are playing the quiet game even better than TSNE If that is even possible.

Looks like the league and CoG are playing a staring contest, which is a big risk to the league IMO. Wait too long for CoG to blink, they'll have no where to move in time.

As much as I dislike Bettman, Daly and company, I can't believe they would let the clock run out and get stuck in Glendale for another year of losses.
What surprised me is that the NHL didn't impose a deadline months ago where the team would be moved if a sale and lease weren't agreed to.

May 31 either has to be the deadline or within a few days of it.
The schedule, contracts of the GM and Coach, free agency are all too close to let this drag into June. At lease I hope :help::rant:

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
Exactly, They are going to take the money and run, go on take the money and run because Billy Jack know exactly the facts is and won't let those two escape justice cause he makes his living off of the people's taxes.....

... :laugh: good old Steve Miller. Very appropriate.

Nothing is happening at all, I'm puzzled more than ever! No news, no rumors, no action whatsoever and there is only 12 days remaining to the month of May! :shakehead

Im guessin here but whatevers gonna happen its gonna happen fast and before the end of May.

Donwood

Mar 13, 2011
Winnipeg
... :laugh: good old Steve Miller. Very appropriate.

Im guessin here but whatevers gonna happen its gonna happen fast and before the end of May.

The Quebec reporter Mario Roy was quoted a few weeks ago has saying something along the lines of "The end in Glendale, will happen quickly without warning" I can't remember the exact quote but I know that's close.

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
The Quebec reporter Mario Roy was quoted a few weeks ago has saying something along the lines of "The end in Glendale, will happen quickly without warning" I can't remember the exact quote but I know that's close.

I suspect so. For the NHL itself to be so quiet about the situation....

Mightygoose

Nov 5, 2012
Ajax, ON
Really makes me wonder sometimes if the league truly has a plan.

After the lengthy Sacramento Kings/Seattle saga, NBA makes a decision - Bam! Less than 48 hours later the Maloofs agree to sell locally. Done.

This one - parade of proposals, interested buyers, 2 weeks, bonds, cupcakes, phantom investors, tweet wars and now....a burst of silence.

Must be patient I guess....the end is imminent after all :sarcasm:

Habs05

Mar 5, 2011
Brossard, Qc

That was the quote:

"People close to the headquarters of some NHL teams were present yesterday (Saturday) and I was told that this news would fall like a thunderbolt, quite simply, he said.

"There will be no warning as was the case in Winnipeg, where certain information came out to the ears of the people. The NHL has learned from all this. "

It was during the Flyers-Ottawa game attended by the Nordiques Nation.

Kinda hard to know who's right at the moment.

Llama19

Jan 19, 2013
Outside GZ

Yes, Billy Jack would settle this quickly! :yo:

Billy-Jack.jpg

I’m so tired…
P.S. Take the 6 –or– Fold

metalfoot

Karlsson!
Dec 21, 2007
Manitoba, Canada
Don't look for logic in any of this , it will drive you crazy :cry::amazed::cry::rant::help::help::help::help:

I've been hanging about here for 50+ threads...I know what sort of place this is. But it's an honest query. Phoenix is done for the year. Any and all franchises anywhere close to financial ruin are done. Why not get things out in the open?

Donwood

Mar 13, 2011
Winnipeg
I've been hanging about here for 50+ threads...I know what sort of place this is. But it's an honest query. Phoenix is done for the year. Any and all franchises anywhere close to financial ruin are done. Why not get things out in the open?

it's VERY valid question but it seems there is no answer, or answer the NHL has provided.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad