Phoenix LXXVI: Renaissance Men

Status
Not open for further replies.

CasualFan

Tortious Beadicus
Nov 27, 2009
Bay Area, CA
um, what?

edit: so this story illustrates how he's growing his firm. He started out in October 2012 with 5 advisors and $450 million of assets under management (AUM). He's now up to nearly $1 billion of AUM and 65 advisors, so he's recruited 60 advisors with an average of less than $10 million of AUM - these are small fries.

Also, it should be noted that none of that AUM would really be available to him to fund the purchase of an NHL franchise. If he does have the money it's from family and other contacts.

This doesnt look like a moon beam offer with a heavy PR push designed to promote his firm at all. It looks very serious and quite legitimate. Pastor is going to fund the purchase... right after the NHL agrees to an owner assignment right after five years. I'm sure Gary and Bill will be anxious to move forward with that.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
This doesnt look like a moon beam offer with a heavy PR push designed to promote his firm at all. It looks very serious and quite legitimate. Pastor is going to fund the purchase... right after the NHL agrees to an owner assignment right after five years. I'm sure Gary and Bill will be anxious to move forward with that.

Absolutely. And I'm convinced that Seattle or QC will await Pastor's arrival with open arms, with a very sweet lease agreement at the arena that they've spent so much to build.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Cut him some slack. He never claimed they wont the Cup... only that they played in the finals. The man knows his hockey.

The second Pastor was interviewed and said in public that he was interested in keeping the team in Glendale, so it wouldn't be moved to Winnipeg ( and saying this 2 years after Winnipeg got the Thrashers )... Bettman should have removed Pastor's phone number from his Rolodex and burnt it.

The fact that the NHL is talking to Pastor at all shows the desperation the NHL has to find anyone to own this team in Glendale. And if the NHL even thinks of agreeing to a 5 year out clause, it also shows just how desperate Bettman is to offload this team, to again, anyone.

NHL Criteria for Glendale Ownership:

1- A pulse

End of NHL Criteria for Glendale Ownership.

powerstuck

Nordiques Hopes Lies
Jan 13, 2012
Town NHL hates !
found this

So Coyotes won't play against Habs in Montreal ever again as long as Pastor is the owner ?

Good.

The second Pastor was interviewed and said in public that he was interested in keeping the team in Glendale, so it wouldn't be moved to Winnipeg ( and saying this 2 years after Winnipeg got the Thrashers )... Bettman should have removed Pastor's phone number from his Rolodex and burnt it.

The fact that the NHL is talking to Pastor at all shows the desperation the NHL has to find anyone to own this team in Glendale. And if the NHL even thinks of agreeing to a 5 year out clause, it also shows just how desperate Bettman is to offload this team, to again, anyone.

1- A pulse

It would be absolutely amazing to see Bettmans reaction is Pastor pulls a Moyes solution before the 5 years out clause (read bankrupcy)

yotesreign

Jan 26, 2009
Goldwater Blvd
So Coyotes won't play against Habs in Montreal ever again as long as Pastor is the owner ?

Good.

Since there's this big demand for the Coyotes to play in Canada and the league wants the team to stay in AZ - here's a perfect solution. Make every team on the Yotes road schedule give up its home game and play those games in QC; then the Yotes will be able to play 41 games in Glendale and 41 games in QC, make a fortune and since they'll in effect have 82 home games, probably be a lock to make the playoffs every year. Of course, they'll have to continue this setup for the playoffs and figure out which city gets the game 7 when they make the playoffs, Glendale or QC, but they can do it.
Solves everyone's problems. QC gets a team, Glendale keeps a team... win win!
:handclap:

Nordskull

WAITING FOR NORDS
Sep 29, 2011
Saguenay, Qc
I'm not so good at these thread titles, but here's my offering:

LXXVII: Pastor of Muppets

VOTE!

You know you should try titles more often :nod:

1245587468_spinning-baseball-bat.gif

Last edited:

CasualFan

Tortious Beadicus
Nov 27, 2009
Bay Area, CA

1- A pulse

Where exactly are you seeing the NHL talking to Pastor?

All I see is a guy promoting his startup firm by buying some digital ads and deploying a PR firm to make a few calls. Everything published about the Pastor bid appears to have been generated by the Pastor PR firm. They call around promoting the bid until they get a fish like Craig Morgan on the line. Then Morgan's low wattage form of journalism attempts to frame it as information from "sources" so he can generate some buzz for his writing. The bid itself probably isn't worth the paper it's printed on. An owner assignment right at five years? Ok, whatever you say Mr. Pastor.

I don't see the NHL anywhere in that loop. Maybe it's just me though.

Llama19

Jan 19, 2013
Outside GZ

All I see is a guy promoting his startup firm by buying some digital ads and deploying a PR firm to make a few calls. Everything published about the Pastor bid appears to have been generated by the Pastor PR firm. They call around promoting the bid until they get a fish like Craig Morgan on the line. Then Morgan's low wattage form of journalism attempts to frame it as information from "sources" so he can generate some buzz for his writing. The bid itself probably isn't worth the paper it's printed on. An owner assignment right at five years? Ok, whatever you say Mr. Pastor.

While everyone and everything gets pulled under... :sarcasm:

04.1n003.marlin2.c--525x500.jpg

Fare thee well! :arr:

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes

On Friday, he did make an official formal proposal to the NHL to buy the team. Now unless the NHL is just going to ignore him, I would imagine over the weekend they have at least said hello to each other and maybe even had some preliminary bantering.

http://www.azcentral.com/community/...vestors-submit-formal-bid.html?nclick_check=1

OthmarAmmann

Omnishambles
Jul 7, 2010
NYC

GF

Nov 4, 2012
Like say, reliving the Coyotes triumph in the Western Conference final?

I bet Bettman really enjoy discussing Pastor's point of view on how he managed the team in the last 4 years:
Pastor points out that “despite the fact that they’re in bankruptcy and the joke of the league,â€

Yep, I'm sure Bettman really loves this guy. :sarcasm:

madhi19

Just the tip!
Jun 2, 2012
Cold and Dark place!
twitter.com
I bet Bettman really enjoy discussing Pastor's point of view on how he managed the team in the last 4 years:
Pastor points out that “despite the fact that they’re in bankruptcy and the joke of the league,”

Seriously Glendale must be under some sort of Indian Curse or something. You cannot attract that many fools without some sort of Shaman being involved somewhere. Off course my grandma use to say you attract bees with honey and flies with... Garbage!
tumblr_m1sse9bvTp1qi7deco1_500.gif

Ugmo

Oct 24, 2011
Pastor points out that “despite the fact that they’re in bankruptcy and the joke of the league,â€

I'm telling you, "Pastor of Muppets"!

Donwood

Mar 13, 2011
Winnipeg
Craig Morgan ‏@cmorgancbsfoxaz 4 Apr
Based on what I'm hearing (and I understand your skepticism), an announcement on #Coyotes ownership could come quickly.

Hmmm, now correct me if I'm wrong but 39 days isn't normally considered quickly.
Although in Glendale perhaps it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad