Phoenix LXXVI: Renaissance Men

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheswick

Non-registered User
Mar 17, 2010
South Kildonan
I think its now been a year since Bettman said it would be weeks not months to get it done with Jamison. And called out a reporter when he was skepitcal saying something along the lines of just wait and you'll see.

Wheathead

Formally a McRib
Apr 4, 2008
Saskatoon
Craig Morgan ‏@cmorgancbsfoxaz 4 Apr
Based on what I'm hearing (and I understand your skepticism), an announcement on #Coyotes ownership could come quickly.

Hmmm, now correct me if I'm wrong but 39 days isn't normally considered quickly.
Although in Glendale perhaps it is.

2 more weeks. Give it 2 more weeks.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Craig Morgan ‏@cmorgancbsfoxaz 4 Apr
Based on what I'm hearing (and I understand your skepticism), an announcement on #Coyotes ownership could come quickly.

Hmmm, now correct me if I'm wrong but 39 days isn't normally considered quickly.
Although in Glendale perhaps it is.

There have been all sorts of "announcements" about the Coyotes ownership in the past month. Morgan has been responsible for a bunch of them himself. The problem is that none of them seem be anything concrete enough to actually be taken seriously yet.

Meanwhile, we've also had a string of "announcements" from Daryl Jones (Gosbee group) and Pastor's group about each other.

To paraphrase:

Pastor's group: We are the best. Jones is rude.
Jones: Pastor is just in it for the publicity. He's all hat and no cowboy.

This sniping between prospective ownership groups is a new and somewhat amusing development. I think that when all is said and done they should have a special "Coyotes Ownership" series of Survivor, featuring Reinsdorf, the IEH guys, Hulsizer, Jamison, Gosbee and Pastor. You might want to spice it up a bit with Moyes too.

Llama19

Jan 19, 2013
Outside GZ
This sniping between prospective ownership groups is a new and somewhat amusing development. I think that when all is said and done they should have a special "Coyotes Ownership" series of Survivor, featuring Reinsdorf, the IEH guys, Hulsizer, Jamison, Gosbee and Pastor. You might want to spice it up a bit with Moyes too.

Survivor: Yucca District :laugh:

Fare thee well! ;)

JetFan4Ever

May 23, 2010
I think the next title should be a tribute to us.

Phoenix LXXVII:In it for the long haul.

I was inspired by Killion's long truck gif! (and the irony that Moyes is in the trucking biz)

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Pastor, who calls himself a “serial entrepreneur,” lives by the motto, “less talk, more action.”

I'm inclined to be suspicious of anyone that describes their main activities as "serial".

Does Pastor even know how funny his "motto" is, considering the fanfare with which he has approached the Coyotes deal?

Nov 24, 2006
Phoenix LXXVII: This Will Never End

Phoenix LXXVII: Pastor? I Barely Even Know Her!

Phoenix LXXVII: Zen & The Art of Arena Management

Llama19

Jan 19, 2013
Outside GZ
2013 NHL Arena Rankings

To quote:

"[Ranked 8th] Jobing.com Arena has replaced US Airways Center as the premier entertainment venue in the Valley of the Sun, hosting some of the biggest music artists in the business, as well as the Harlem Globetrotters and high school basketball tournaments. One of the main reasons that the Coyotes needed to move out of US Airways Center was because there were obstructed seats at both ends of the arena, forcing fans to look up at the video board if the puck was in the end closest to them. Jobing was designed so that the concourse areas would be open to the ice, allowing for some standing room areas, especially on the upper level, and every seat having a perfect view of the ice."

Source: http://www.stadiumjourney.com/news/05-11-2013/337/2013-nhl-arena-rankings

Is this just more pressure on the CoG for more money towards the AMF?

Fare thee well! ;)

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Phoenix LXXVII: Coyotes put out to Pastor
Phoenix LXXVII: Coyotes seeking greener Pastors
Phoenix LXXVII: Coyotes Pastorized

madhi19

Just the tip!
Jun 2, 2012
Cold and Dark place!
twitter.com
2013 NHL Arena Rankings

To quote:

"[Ranked 8th] Jobing.com Arena has replaced US Airways Center as the premier entertainment venue in the Valley of the Sun, hosting some of the biggest music artists in the business, as well as the Harlem Globetrotters and high school basketball tournaments. One of the main reasons that the Coyotes needed to move out of US Airways Center was because there were obstructed seats at both ends of the arena, forcing fans to look up at the video board if the puck was in the end closest to them. Jobing was designed so that the concourse areas would be open to the ice, allowing for some standing room areas, especially on the upper level, and every seat having a perfect view of the ice."

Source: http://www.stadiumjourney.com/news/05-11-2013/337/2013-nhl-arena-rankings

Is this just more pressure on the CoG for more money towards the AMF?

Fare thee well! ;)
This got to be an ironic joke how many show did the NHL booked in the last two years? loll

Donwood

Mar 13, 2011
Winnipeg
Patrick Caisse ‏@PatrickCaisse 3m
"The offer is not one that the NHL is interested in pursuing, and we have informed Mr. Pastor of that" - Bill Daly

CC Superfan

Nov 14, 2012
Patrick Caisse ‏@PatrickCaisse 3m
"The offer is not one that the NHL is interested in pursuing, and we have informed Mr. Pastor of that" - Bill Daly

BOOM! That's gotta hurt. So many fans were ready to accept Pastor as their lord and saviour, even with a 5 year out clause (and he wanted to buy the arena too pffft)

So now the only option left is Ice Edge who has dicked around with a toe in the water for 4 years?

Quebec, get your media ready for an announcement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad