Phoenix LIII: How the GWInch stole Phoenix

Status
Not open for further replies.

bacon25

Unenthusiastic User
Nov 29, 2010
Group Study Room F
Sounds like the city council is going to vote yes, wish they could have gotten to the vote sooner rather than rant about newspapers and strip malls

EvilCoop

What year is it?
Nov 29, 2011
The Black Lodge
We are not an industrial town, apples to oranges.

But you do have an economic dynamic, an affordable yet beautiful place to live, how will that continue with Residential Taxes through the roof and no public services? Austerity is a curse, and that is the alternative Glendale is facing. With that sort of stuff, the Glendale economy will continue to collapse.

powerstuck

Nordiques Hopes Lies
Jan 13, 2012
Town NHL hates !
This just in...breaking speculation!! :)

So the people that aren't here from Quebec don't care either?

I guess people from Winnipeg want the past of their Jets to end in good hands.

But I believe people from Levis, Qc, wants Nordiques back as well, just that they won't pay a dime in taxes for them.

Why was that? I don't see the connection.

Beasley and other fans say so. If there was no Coyotes, there would never have been SB in Arizona.

DopeyFish

Mitchy McDangles
Nov 17, 2009
If they vote yes and GWI cant put a stop to the madness... Glendale will cease to exist in a decade or two

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
Why was that? I don't see the connection.

A travel back in time.

FACT SHEET

The Jobing.com Arena and the Coyotes were the impetus for the creation of Glendale’s Sports and Entertainment District, including the University of Phoenix Stadium, Camelback Ranch-Glendale, Westgate City Center and all of the surrounding amenities.

Regional Impact
• Those amenities enabled Glendale to host a Super Bowl, annual Fiesta Bowls, a BCS
championship game and other similar events such as WrestleMania
. In 2008, the economic impact of the Super Bowl was more than $500 million and other large scale events bring a very substantial financial benefit to the region, including, for example, $420 million is projected for the 2011 Fiesta Bowl and BCS Championship Series game, and $45 million from the 2010
WrestleMania event.
• The Coyotes and Jobing.com Arena have been economic catalysts that have brought visitors
from around the world to area hotels, restaurants and shopping centers.

http://www.glendaleaz.com/documents/FACTSHEETGlendaleNHLCoyotesUpdated122010.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad