Phoenix LIII: How the GWInch stole Phoenix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Nothing especially new... just quoting some residents who are skeptical of the deal.

But never mind, Joyce Clark is reassuring that once Jamison purchases the arena all will be solved.

Councilwoman Joyce Clark saidJamison has the option within five years to buy the arena at a price that would cover the city's outstanding bond debt on the facility. Glendale also would be relieved of the management fee payment.

Jamison, during a break in Friday's marathon session, said the arena purchase will be "discussed at the appropriate time."

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/news/artic...al-gets-community-backlash.html#ixzz1xbZ3McGH

When Jamison mentions "the appropriate time" to discuss the arena purchase, what he means is "when Glendale freezes over". ;)

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
Nothing especially new... just quoting some residents who are skeptical of the deal.

But never mind, Joyce Clark is reassuring that once Jamison purchases the arena all will be solved.

When Jamison mentions "the appropriate time" to discuss the arena purchase, what he means is "when Glendale freezes over". ;)

If he is having trouble buying the team, then how Is he going to buy the arena.

Ugmo

Oct 24, 2011
That is nuts - if the NHL loans Jamison money to purchase the Coyotes, they are really trying to fit a square peg into a round hole. They should end this nonsense, send the team packing to QC, get this charity case off the books and gain at least one more healthy franchise.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
That is nuts - if the NHL loans Jamison money to purchase the Coyotes, they are really trying to fit a square peg into a round hole. They should end this nonsense, send the team packing to QC, get this charity case off the books and gain at least one more healthy franchise.

Pretty sure 34 million Canadians agree!:yo:

JetsFanForever

May 7, 2012
Also "WHY would he buy the arena?"...

The simple answer to that question is he never will buy the arena. There is absolutely no reason for him to give up the AMF that he is to receive, as he would already be getting the revenues anyway.

The only reason that this clause is even in the contract is so that certain people (the councilors in favor of the deal) can call attention to it and try to convince the public that the AMF is not that bad because if GJ buys the arena then the AMF would no longer exist.

CGG

Jan 6, 2005

I'm pretty sure I have an option to buy the arena five years from now too, all it will cost me is the remaining debt service cost and the annual arena management fee. Of course I'd never do that, but I have the option to.

Glendale might also strike oil, gold and plutonium while digging a hole in their Westgate parking lot, the proceeds from which will cover the remaining debt cost of the arena.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
The simple answer to that question is he never will buy the arena. There is absolutely no reason for him to give up the AMF that he is to receive, as he would already be getting the revenues anyway.

The only reason that this clause is even in the contract is so that certain people (the councilors in favor of the deal) can call attention to it and try to convince the public that the AMF is not that bad because if GJ buys the arena then the AMF would no longer exist.

Clark is either delusional, or blowing smoke, when she insists on referring to Jamison's option to purchase the arena. Maybe she didn't even listen to herself when she spoke. She somehow wants others to believe that Jamison would want to purchase the arena and thereby assume Glendale's outstanding debt on the arena AND forego his arena management fee. He would do this even though he already gets all of the revenues from the arena, including parking rights to >5,000 parking spaces conveyed to him from the City of Glendale.

Yeah, right.... :shakehead

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
GB > 34 million Canadians :nod:

No not really, if the 34 million Canadians stop going to NHL games, then Bettman loses 3-4 teams in the US because it is the Canadians;) who are paying for team for teams like the coyotes, devils, panthers, sharks, hurricanes, lighting, predators, ducks, stars, blue jackets, islanders. So if 34 million Canadians stop making 40 percent of NHL revenues what will little Bettman do.

NHLfan4life

Who is PKP???
Nov 22, 2010
Glendale
No not really, if the 34 million Canadians stop going to NHL games, then Bettman loses 3-4 teams in the US because it is the Canadians;) who are paying for team for teams like the coyotes, devils, panthers, sharks, hurricanes, lighting, predators, ducks, stars, blue jackets, islanders. So if 34 million Canadians stop making 40 percent of NHL revenues what will little Bettman do.

What if there were no hypothetical scenarios? :sarcasm:

yotesreign

Jan 26, 2009
Goldwater Blvd
the more things change....

a blast from the past... 1995:

http://articles.latimes.com/1995-05-23/sports/sp-4949_1_north-stars

So I don't remember since I was a Roadrunners fan at the time... did the Nords really leave because the local government wouldn't build the owners a nice new arena?

And why did Barry Shenkarow want to sell the Jets?

do things really change, or do just numbers and names change? seems a number of people were griping Bettmans got to go back in '95... 17 years ago.

seeweed

Mar 19, 2011
Toronto

what revenue? the franchise has never made a profit in glendale.

and LOL!! @ joyce clark thinking that jamison will buy the arena...how she ever became a politician is anyone's guess.

JetsFanForever

May 7, 2012
what revenue? the franchise has never made a profit in glendale.

and LOL!! @ joyce clark thinking that jamison will buy the arena...how she ever became a politician is anyone's guess.

The revenue that I was refering to would be from the non coyotes events at the Job. Granted there have not been alot of them lately, but usually events like concerts generate a fair bit of revenue and under this lease, GJ would get all of it.

gifted88

Dante the poet
Feb 12, 2010
Guelph, ON
the more things change....

a blast from the past... 1995:

http://articles.latimes.com/1995-05-23/sports/sp-4949_1_north-stars

So I don't remember since I was a Roadrunners fan at the time... did the Nords really leave because the local government wouldn't build the owners a nice new arena?

And why did Barry Shenkarow want to sell the Jets?

do things really change, or do just numbers and names change? seems a number of people were griping Bettmans got to go back in '95... 17 years ago.

No, they left cause they couldn't find funding for a new arena.

And the Jets left due to financial reasons. Canadian teams were paying mind blowing amounts of tax each year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad