Phoenix CXXXIV: 3 Sheets To The Wind

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
New Marketing campaign?

No.... they’ve been putting up wall papers on Twitter for quite some time now.

“One Pack” has been used for most of last season.

BTW opened a DEK hockey rink in Tucson this week.

Can’t believe you’re this far behind on things. :laugh:

BTW.... I owe you an apology. AZCentral did not publish an article about the North Phoenix arena complex. BizJournals did post a clip two weeks prior to the article you posted but they were still about two months late.

It was a small obscure website covering news in north Phoenix which first published an article on that project mid-May and that was the one I remember crossing my Twitter timeline in early June.

Hockey & Hotel: Huge Sports Arena Planned Near Sonoran Foothills

Reactions: Killion

aqib

Feb 13, 2012
^^^
The city of Glendale funded $180 million for the construction of the multi-purpose arena which consisted of $30 million in general obligation bond funding, and $150 million in excise tax funding.

I do not recall, from any source, that stated the Coyotes contributed one dime to the construction of the arena...Glendale footed the entire construction cost...

IIRC Ellman fronted the constrution and then the city bought it after it was done. The construction cost $220 million and the city paid $180 million to buy the arena

Llama19

Jan 19, 2013
Outside GZ
Are these really relevant to a BoH discussion? Or had this thread become a catch all for anything related to the Coyotes?

All of this is relevant to the business direction that the Coyotes new CEO and President Ahron Cohen has stated: "Our collective vision is growing hockey and fandom in Arizona, building a competitive hockey team and positively enriching our community. If we accomplish those things, everything else is going to fall into place and that’s ultimately how we will achieve our long-term arena solution."

What the Coyotes are posting on their Twitter account...are part and parcel of their new business plan...and the new arena...after meeting their goals...will then fall into place...at least that is what the Coyotes see as their ultimate goal, anyway...

Reactions: Fairview

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
All of this is relevant to the business direction that the Coyotes new CEO and President Ahron Cohen has stated: "Our collective vision is growing hockey and fandom in Arizona, building a competitive hockey team and positively enriching our community. If we accomplish those things, everything else is going to fall into place and that’s ultimately how we will achieve our long-term arena solution."

What the Coyotes are posting on their Twitter account...are part and parcel of their new business plan...and the new arena...after meeting their goals...will then fall into place...at least that is what the Coyotes see as their ultimate goal, anyway...

A tweet that the Coyotes Foundation charity grant application deadline is approaching is really relevant to the BoH discussion?

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH

Interesting take since they don’t talk about their “business plan” or “arenas” on their Twitter accounts. :help:

Besides.... these recent posts were from the Coyotes Foundation which is their charity wing. They’ve been around for 19 years now and is clearly geared for benefitting various non-profit groups in Arizona. Hardly a “marketing” campaign. This recent tweet was to get those groups to submit equestrian for consideration. They do this every year.

Hardly earthshaking.

GuelphStormer

Mar 20, 2012
Guelph, ON
I can comprehend most everything.

I can also summarize the real business discussion of the last four to five chapters of this megathread in a single paragraph. The rest has been pretty much drive by with, remarkably, the same cast of characters repeating the same things.

But please do carry on.

yes please. im actually quite interested in how you would summarize it all. thanks.
i realize you were half joking and perhaps you missed this, but i'm still interested in how you would summarize things. others seem to be interested too. thanks.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Why is the cheque dated 2017? File photo?

Well, ya gotta figure, if the tweet says "only 5 days left to submit your grant application for this year (emphasis mine - ed.)", and "this year" is 2018, then the most recent year that a check would have been written for....

...would...

...be....

...?

Reactions: Sthlmyote

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Why is the cheque dated 2017? File photo?

It's a publicity shot from the last round of Coyotes Charities disbursements. Coyotes Charities actually does quite a bit of good in the community and they have been at it for many years, even through the bankruptcy and so forth.

I can give you an Amazon Smile link if you want your purchases to benefit them... :sarcasm:

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Fits Cohen's stated goal...positively enriching our community...

Which is stretching it a bit since.... as I eluded to above.... they’ve been around doing these things for nearly two decades

It’s the same old hash served up with a side of spam. ;)

Fairview

Jan 30, 2016
Well, ya gotta figure, if the tweet says "only 5 days left to submit your grant application for this year (emphasis mine - ed.)", and "this year" is 2018, then the most recent year that a check would have been written for....

...would...

...be....

...?
Ya I know. I figured it out right after I posted that question, but did not know how to remove the post.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
*greater* Phoenix...(there's the rub; maybe we should start calling our teams "Maricopa County"...ah, no, wait, some people in AJ would be left out :laugh:)

Snarky Coyote

Sponsor
May 3, 2009
Now with more snark
I can sum up the last 100000 posts in the following statements.

Phoenix doesn't deserve a hockey team, it doesn't snow there.
Phoenix stole Winnipeg's team so they don't deserve a team.
Winnipeg got a team but they still need to go.
Betteman is the worst.
They lose 50 mill a season
They are called Arizona now, but they still need to go

New owner in 2 weeks
Major arena announcement in 2 weeks
They built the arena in the wrong place
If Arizona won, people would come.
There's too much traffic on weekdays
Betteman is the best
They only lost 30 million this year, things are turning around.
New Arena announcement in 2 weeks tops.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
All said and good. But continuing to go dumpster diving for “news” isn’t “discussion”.

At this rate I guess we can expect to see Howler birthday party appearances sometime soon?? :rolleyes:
I'M SURPRISED Tucson "news" isn't being posted here since the Coyotes own them, TL:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad