Phoenix CXXIX: I buy you out, you don't buy me out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Llama19

Jan 19, 2013
Outside GZ
Oh, of that there is no doubt. There is certainly an academic discussion worthy of having occurring on these pages, to say the least.

There is also no doubt in my mind that some of the observers and participants have some...how to say this...prejudice? bias? an agenda? which colors, affects their contributions to that discussion, to the point where one wonders if it doesn't permit any objectivity in that discussion. The question is whether that effect on some is excessive and actually *detracts* from the discussion (I claim it is and it does, and were it permitted to name names on here, I would. Others believe not, apparently.)

Ah, but that's what makes the internet what it is, I suppose. For better or worse.

"There are three sides to every story: your side, my side, and the truth. And no one is lying. Memories shared serve each differently."
―Robert Evans

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
"There are three sides to every story: your side, my side, and the truth. And no one is lying. Memories shared serve each differently."
―Robert Evans

... nicely done. very appropriate quote. :handclap:

.... and here we be... Dog Days of Summer... not much activity, likely nothing on the arena front for sometime to come.

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
... 3 can play that game.... and as Coco Chanel said... "Hard times arouse an instinctive desire for authenticity" and no market & fanbase with the exception of perhaps Atlanta has been through... and been put through harder times than those in Metro Phoenix.... So here's hoping Barroway & Patterson can get real, prove themselves authentic & pull off a couple of miracles, find the courage to swallow their pride for the benefit of all.... and I guess you know what Im talkin bout there TL. G.R.A....

Last edited:

Llama19

Jan 19, 2013
Outside GZ
From Yahoo's It’s the NHL Alternate History project series of articles, by the local reporter Craig Morgan...

What if … the Coyotes never moved to Glendale? (NHL Alternate History)

To quote:

"With a crop of talented young players on the rise, new owner Andrew Barroway labeled a new arena “the only thing holding us back. We just need an arena in the right location.â€

While downtown is still the Coyotes’ preferred destination, Scottsdale would have been far better than Glendale. As it stands, an arena solution is nowhere in site and relocation talk still pollutes any discussion of this franchise. While previous reports of a move to Winnipeg, Quebec, Portland, Seattle and Las Vegas all proved erroneous, a new site is haunting Coyotes fans’ dreams with an attractive promise:

Houston, we have a solution."

Source: https://sports.yahoo.com/coyotes-ne...y-215406245.html?soc_src=social-sh&soc_trk=tw

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
^^^ oh boy, here we go again. Houston. I guess we all knew this was coming what with Pattersons familiarity & professional associations-affiliations with Texas. I & others conspiratorially commenting on precisely this when he was hired and introduced. As conspiracy theories go, its certainly very plausible & makes sense on a number of levels. Very attractive destination however, just a tonne of unknowns at this time.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
...While previous reports of a move to Winnipeg, Quebec, Portland, Seattle and Las Vegas all proved erroneous, a new site is haunting Coyotes fansÂ’ dreams with an attractive promise: Houston, we have a solution...

He left Hamilton off that list.

Make it Seven! :laugh:

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
From Yahoo's ItÂ’s the NHL Alternate History project series of articles, by the local reporter Craig Morgan...

What if Â… the Coyotes never moved to Glendale? (NHL Alternate History)

To quote:

"With a crop of talented young players on the rise, new owner Andrew Barroway labeled a new arena “the only thing holding us back. We just need an arena in the right location.”

While downtown is still the CoyotesÂ’ preferred destination, Scottsdale would have been far better than Glendale. As it stands, an arena solution is nowhere in site and relocation talk still pollutes any discussion of this franchise. While previous reports of a move to Winnipeg, Quebec, Portland, Seattle and Las Vegas all proved erroneous, a new site is haunting Coyotes fansÂ’ dreams with an attractive promise:

Houston, we have a solution."

Source: https://sports.yahoo.com/coyotes-ne...y-215406245.html?soc_src=social-sh&soc_trk=tw

I've wasted enough words already on this "alternate history" fetish that my fellow Coyotes fans seem to have. All I can say is that I'm ready for this whole thing to be done one way or the other so either a) the team can be someone else's problem or b) the East Valley loudmouths can finally prove with their wallets instead of their vocal and keystroke whining that they can deliver on all of their hype.

Llama19

Jan 19, 2013
Outside GZ
^^^ oh boy, here we go again. Houston. I guess we all knew this was coming what with Pattersons familiarity & professional associations-affiliations with Texas. I & others conspiratorially commenting on precisely this when he was hired and introduced. As conspiracy theories go, its certainly very plausible & makes sense on a number of levels. Very attractive destination however, just a tonne of unknowns at this time.

Very plausible...I would say...
tumblr_m0p5jy7Lhh1qzfdsjo2_250.gif%7Ec200

;)

Last edited:

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
I've wasted enough words already on this "alternate history" fetish that my fellow Coyotes fans seem to have. All I can say is that I'm ready for this whole thing to be done one way or the other so either a) the team can be someone else's problem or b) the East Valley loudmouths can finally prove with their wallets instead of their vocal and keystroke whining that they can deliver on all of their hype.

.... :laugh: frustrated much?... cant say I blame you. absolutely nuts.

Very plausible...I would say...
tumblr_m0p5jy7Lhh1qzfdsjo2_250.gif%7Ec200

;)

.... k.... how bout Tulsa?.... BOK Center a beautiful facility..... Virginia? Virginias got stars in her eyes..... San Diego? AEG gots big plans on the drawing board with that one.... but "what if" Llama.... what if Barroway & Patterson pull a 180, go against the grain (the grain of the NHL & Herr Bettman in particular) & actually find that after looking around & having doors slammed in their faces they retract, retrench, actually have an epiphany and discover that they already have a home & a sweet deal at that... pulling out all the stops and make one last glorious charge of it over the next 3-5yrs... huh?.... wouldnt that be sumthin?... thats my wish. Reach down & grab their cajones if they got any. Man-up. Get real. Unfurl the banners, get down to business (no one EVER has for Christ Sake), brass tacks, and then ya, yes, they can make it happen... make it so. But if they continue on the path their on, geographical cure, not gunna happen.

Llama19

Jan 19, 2013
Outside GZ
.... k.... how bout Tulsa?.... BOK Center a beautiful facility..... Virginia? Virginias got stars in her eyes..... San Diego? AEG gots big plans on the drawing board with that one.... but "what if" Llama.... what if Barroway & Patterson pull a 180, go against the grain (the grain of the NHL & Herr Bettman in particular) & actually find that after looking around & having doors slammed in their faces they retract, retrench, actually have an epiphany and discover that they already have a home & a sweet deal at that... pulling out all the stops and make one last glorious charge of it over the next 3-5yrs... huh?.... wouldnt that be sumthin?... thats my wish. Reach down & grab their cajones if they got any. Man-up. Get real. Unfurl the banners, get down to business (no one EVER has for Christ Sake), brass tacks, and then ya, yes, they can make it happen... make it so. But if they continue on the path their on, geographical cure, not gunna happen.

When I asked my Magic 8 Ball on whether Barroway and Patterson will pull a 180...

The answer was: My Sources Say No...

:D

Mightygoose

Nov 5, 2012
Ajax, ON
Is Morgan as dailed in with the team since the ownership change?

To me it's always looked like LeBlanc had his ear so he was essentially an emissary towing their party line

Barroway being not nearly as chatty, does that close Mr. Morgan out in terms of their off-ice affairs.

Otherwise, if he's just as in the know as before and he's saying there's nothing in site arena-wise then it doesn't look to good right now.

Who knows maybe he gets his material from this site and the well has been pretty dry here too as of late. :D

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
.... :laugh: frustrated much?... cant say I blame you. absolutely nuts.

Yes. I'm tired of the BIMBY klatch, I'm tired of the way Craig Morgan always seems to parrot the Party Line, I'm sick of the revisionist history talking points that are part of the NHL's and Barroway's political push to extort an East Valley arena out of some poor taxpayer dupes. At this point I'm more excited about the Golden Knights than I am about the Coyotes.

Llama19

Jan 19, 2013
Outside GZ
Is Morgan as dailed in with the team since the ownership change?

I would say no...

To me it's always looked like LeBlanc had his ear so he was essentially an emissary towing their party line

I would say so...

Barroway being not nearly as chatty, does that close Mr. Morgan out in terms of their off-ice affairs.

I would say yes...

Otherwise, if he's just as in the know as before and he's saying there's nothing in site arena-wise then it doesn't look to good right now.

I would say yes here, too...

Who knows maybe he gets his material from this site and the well has been pretty dry here too as of late. :D

Dry as the Arizona desert...with the exception of our current monsoon season... ;)

aqib

Feb 13, 2012
We are almost at the point of needing a new thread and since there has been no real news on this in a while with none on the horizon the next thread be called CXXX: Much Ado About Nothing

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Phoenix CXXX: Not an ad for a Vin Diesel movie

:D

Seriously, tho:

Phoenix CXXX: What we do in the shadows
Phoenix CXXX: The calm before the storm
Phoenix CXXX: We're between spokespeople at the moment
Phoenix CXXX: The Mooch's next gig...?

Llama19

Jan 19, 2013
Outside GZ
We are almost at the point of needing a new thread and since there has been no real news on this in a while with none on the horizon the next thread be called CXXX: Much Ado About Nothing

Since we are in XXX territory... :D

Phoenix CXXX: Fast and Furious Over No Arena

-or-

Phoenix CXXX: State of No New Arena

-or-

Phoenix CXXX: State With No New Arena

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
Phoenix CXXX: The Mooch's next gig...?

Ha! I like this one. :laugh: ... and ya, the revisionism beyond deceitful, sickening..... Golden Knights doing all the things the Coyotes should have been & still should be doing... latest... a "LVGK Bus Tour" to out of state locales chatting up the team, holding on-ice "clinics" wherever ice is available, working the neighboring states, markets, and thats just one small piece of the picture. In southern Nevada, amp'd right up.

Llama19

Jan 19, 2013
Outside GZ
Ha! I like this one. :laugh: ... and ya, the revisionism beyond deceitful, sickening..... Golden Knights doing all the things the Coyotes should have been & still should be doing... latest... a "LVGK Bus Tour" to out of state locales chatting up the team, holding on-ice "clinics" wherever ice is available, working the neighboring states, markets, and thats just one small piece of the picture. In southern Nevada, amp'd right up.

Phoenix CXXX: Can We Mooch Off Of VGK?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad