Phoenix CXXIX: I buy you out, you don't buy me out

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Was thinking about the Suns, the Coyotes, Sarver, Bettman, and Silver.

I just keep thinking that for all the potential talks and potential discussions, etc. of having a shared facility and sharing revenues and maybe even getting a gov't or two to "donate" money to build a new arena somewhere..... IMO it all boils down to one question...

From Sarver.. " What's in it for me? "

And I just don't see any scenario where he signs up for this arrangement, because that's the question... what benefit is there for the Suns? Getting a hearty thank-you from Bettman and a pat on the back for being a good corporate citizen probably isn't going to be enough.

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
Was thinking about the Suns, the Coyotes, Sarver, Bettman, and Silver.

I just keep thinking that for all the potential talks and potential discussions, etc. of having a shared facility and sharing revenues and maybe even getting a gov't or two to "donate" money to build a new arena somewhere..... IMO it all boils down to one question...

From Sarver.. " What's in it for me? "

And I just don't see any scenario where he signs up for this arrangement, because that's the question... what benefit is there for the Suns? Getting a hearty thank-you from Bettman and a pat on the back for being a good corporate citizen probably isn't going to be enough.

I mean, let's get right to the point. Adam Silver would be the one offering anything of value. What could Silver offer that would be worth it to Sarver?

The only things I can think of are too tinfoily to bring up in a joking way for even this board. And that's a HIIIIIGH bar to get over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad